test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Zouma
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

865 posts in this topic

Midfield three of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic. 

They will try and press us from the getco, so crucial we have Giroud as an outlet and to hold the play up for Werner and Havertz to operate. 

Dave for Alonso

NikkiCFC likes this

3 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

0% confidence in us winning the game now, let's just hope we get a draw

It’s such a shame we can’t field our best 11 against the scums at home.

GK
James, Christensen, Zouma, Azpi
Kante, Havertz, Kovacic
Mount, Giroud, Werner

Patrick Bamford likes this

29 minutes ago, Azul said:

0% confidence in us winning the game now, let's just hope we get a draw

We might well lose to them again but I don't get the full on negativity here. We competed well against them last season in all 4 games and would have gotten results against them were it not for our stupid defending or defensive mistakes in the league games and that's without the likes of Werner, Havertz and even Pulisic to an extent. If (I guess it's a big if) we can make fewer mistakes this time around or better, next to zero, there's every chance for us to pick up a result. Moreover, they have hardly been dominant ever since February. They have lost quite a number of games and conceded way more goals than usual. And given it's still early in the season where no side have really settled or are full fit yet, there's all the more chance of us getting a result. 

Kepa , James , Zouma , Christensen , Azpilicueta , Kovacic , Kante , Havertz , Mount , Werner , Giroud (4-3-3)

Giroud vs Van Dijk

Werner vs Alexander Arnold

James vs Mane

Azpi vs Salah

or

3-4-2-1

Kepa

-Azpi - Zouma - Christensen

James-Kovacic - Kante- Alonso

Mount/ Havertz -   Giroud - Werner 

Lampard said Pulisic and Chilwell are not fit for the game. He hopes they progress in training over the next week. Same story with Ziyech.
Werner is fit and available.
Silva has been training with the team in the last 3-4 days but still not ready for this game.
Good call. I'm with many on here that the injury record is suspicious to the point where I dont think it could be explained by chance. Frank's training methods may be the culprit here (though some players seem injury plagued regardless of the coach they play under *ahem* pulisic).

But for every reason to question frank he should be praised here for being cautious with pulisic and Chilwell. Especially pulisic, I wouldn't throw him in as soon as discomfort leaves. I'd even wait a week or two to see if he's consistently comfortable being putting him in a match day squad.

So kudos to frank for not risking them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They will try and press us from the getco, so crucial we have Giroud as an outlet and to hold the play up for Werner and Havertz to operate. 
Dave for Alonso
Id be happy with the old trio too. They were as good if not better than them in the two early games last season. Not creative but with giroud in the air and werner's pace i think we'll have enough to trouble them.

Id add havertz on the right again lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Dave for Alonso

The same idea that I put here yesterday. It seems to me the best team we can line up

But we'll have to see Mount anyway, won't we?

And having to swallow Havertz again dead in a wing.

I hope not, because that would be starting the game already depressed, we already had enough with the painful performance in Brighton.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

We might well lose to them again but I don't get the full on negativity here. We competed well against them last season in all 4 games and would have gotten results against them were it not for our stupid defending or defensive mistakes in the league games and that's without the likes of Werner, Havertz and even Pulisic to an extent. If (I guess it's a big if) we can make fewer mistakes this time around or better, next to zero, there's every chance for us to pick up a result. Moreover, they have hardly been dominant ever since February. They have lost quite a number of games and conceded way more goals than usual. And given it's still early in the season where no side have really settled or are full fit yet, there's all the more chance of us getting a result. 

I don't think our attack is up for this game without Pulisic and Ziyech. Werner is the only person I'm confident in, Havertz still needs to settle in. CHO, and Mount both looked bad in their past few games and don't get me started on RLC. 

I will never trust Christensen and Zouma as a pair as well. It's a ticking timebomb.

I hope we are competitive Dont go guns blazing at them all game, I would happily take a draw while making it super difficult for them....that should irk the shit out of kloppy.

Supermonkey92 likes this

I feel like Werner can really hurt them if they play as high a line as I hope they do. Now whether we can get him the ball is another thing. But Kova should be back and he could be the key link between midfield and werner

Unionjack likes this

Frank had set up us suprisingly defensive against Brighton (more than most similar games last season) so I wouldn't expect any different here. Close up shop, hit them on the counter. Get 0-0 or 1-1 out of this game and we stay above them in the league table. Also, Willy and Giroud must start.