test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Zouma
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

865 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

He has missed only 2 penalties for us - one today and the other in the League Cup final penalty shootout. If anything, it's his style that maybe doesn't fill one with the greatest of confidence.

Scoring 10 out of 14 penalties is hardly a bad record, is it? It's not like Lampard did not miss a few penalties in his career. Same goes with Hazard.

HazPen.JPG.f80d9577f4f657134c529293681757fa.JPG

Well Hazard has only missed 7 over several years.

Granted, its all relative. Would still love to see Werner given a chance at those. Instead of always relying on Jorginho. 

Would be interesting to see who takes up ownership if Jorginho's not in the team

killer1257 likes this

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Yes we would have been more attacking with other lineups, but we would have leaked more goals. Would you have accepted that?

That is just an assumption, not a guarantee.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Like @Tomo said, if its part of 'growing pains' then so be it.

Pretty sure Tomo meant we have a defined style of play and stick with it through thick and thin as opposed to chopping and changing the style of playing from one game to another. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Pretty sure Tomo meant we have a defined style of play and stick with it through thick and thin as opposed to chopping and changing the style of playing from one game to another. 

Yeah, that's what I thought he said too.

I meant that if you're willing to take the same stance that he is, then I understand.

It just means that you're willing to sacrifice a few games/results along the way. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

HazPen.JPG.f80d9577f4f657134c529293681757fa.JPG

Well Hazard has only missed 7 over several years.

Granted, its all relative. Would still love to see Werner given a chance at those. Instead of always relying on Jorginho. 

Would be interesting to see who takes up ownership if Jorginho's not in the team

Who is to say Werner won't score every penalty between now and the end of his career? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Who is to say Werner won't score every penalty between now and the end of his career? :ph34r:

Don't jinx it!

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah, that's what I thought he said too.

I meant that if you're willing to take the same stance that he is, then I understand.

It just means that you're willing to sacrifice a few games/results along the way. 

I don't disagree with Tomo's stance. I just didn't like how passive we were today. Am fine with playing on the counter against Liverpool but we gotta show a bit more ambition than we did and better execution than lumping balls to Havertz and hoping Werner do something on the break. It's not rocket science.

Unionjack likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't disagree with Tomo's stance. I just didn't like how passive we were today. Am fine with playing on the counter against Liverpool but we gotta show a bit more ambition than we did and better execution than lumping balls to Havertz and hoping Werner do something on the break. It's not rocket science.

I too would like for us to show more ambition against the bigger teams, but just not with the players we had on show today.

I'm sure that will change when either one of Pulisic/Ziyech return to the starting 11.

Unionjack likes this

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

I too would like for us to show more ambition against the bigger teams, but just not with the players we had on show today.

I'm sure that will change when either one of Pulisic/Ziyech return to the starting 11.

But it's mostly the same players we had and competed well last season...oh for god sake, never mind...

Unionjack and Laylabelle like this

1 Kepa

2 Injury plague for last 2 years

3 DMF(Kante/Jorginho exits needed as well/on top of/the cause of)

4 Lamps' tactics/player selection/subs

FML

:(

at least LB should soon be fixed and Mendy hopefully sorts GKer (plus Thiago helps with CB's)

Unionjack likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I think that's the biggest mistake Lampard did today. This game needed Giroud as the focal point to bang it long too and hold the ball up, and Werner to then drift around off of him.

Laylabelle likes this

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think that's the biggest mistake Lampard did today. This game needed Giroud as the focal point to bang it long too and hold the ball up, and Werner to then drift around off of him.

It probably was against Brighton as well. We tried to do the same but with Loftus-Cheek instead on Monday.

We have really become Liverpool's bitches in the league in the last 5 years or so, especially at home since 2014/15:

D 1-1
L 1-3
L 1-2
W 1-0
D 1-1
L 1-2
L 0-2

Our league record at Anfield is only marginally better during the same time period:

W 2-1
D 1-1
D 1-1
D 1-1
L 0-2
L 3-5

4 hours ago, Jason said:

We have really become Liverpool's bitches in the league in the last 5 years or so, especially at home since 2014/15:

D 1-1
L 1-3
L 1-2
W 1-0
D 1-1
L 1-2
L 0-2

Our league record at Anfield is only marginally better during the same time period:

W 2-1
D 1-1
D 1-1
D 1-1
L 0-2
L 3-5

More precisely., Klopps bitches.

We have trouble securing results against his teams.

Even Kenny Dalglish seemed to have our number. And that goes even before the Abramovich era.

Disappointing game, think this game actually came in early for us specially with us still trying to intergrate everything and they bringing Thiago at half time to provide him match practise. 

There was too many issues but at the same I feel there were some positives and we can envision what Lampard wants from the team. Last year it was possession based starting from back this year we're trying long balls. Defensively we're getting better if we get out Christensen lack of experience on the foul and Kepa's usual howler. In the first half, on possession we played it very safe and still tried to exploit the gaps between the players which was interesting. With Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz getting to the number 10 ... there will more players getting in the final third to pressure the opposition. I think for all those we think we need to sell Kante, this game shows that the shift he puts in there which so few players can match ... i hope he stays fit and Lampard uses him intelligently in terms of playing him over the season. 

After saying all this the only regret would be that we gave them too much respect after we went one down. But hoping we get into the groove at the earliest

Ughhh i really wanted it to be 11v11 all match just to see how we fair against them.. just to see our overall performance.. damn u andreas

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

1 Kepa

2 Injury plague for last 2 years

3 DMF(Kante/Jorginho exits needed as well/on top of/the cause of)

4 Lamps' tactics/player selection/subs

FML

:(

at least LB should soon be fixed and Mendy hopefully sorts GKer (plus Thiago helps with CB's)

2/3/4 is still there tho gal! In no particular order.