test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Zouma
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

865 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

so,,it's clear he choose for not to lose (at home???) either try to win. hope it's not his main tactics when we face a strong team... 

We had one shot, mate. Off target.
Why focus on Liverpool ? We didn't create anything. Pretending to be a Burnley and relying of being absolutely perfect defensively for 90 minutes to get something out of the game. It's unacceptable.
Mate, we won titles with that mentality in the past with Mourinho and Conte. Nothing wrong with that.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Blue Armour likes this

There is no excuse to not set up for a win today , I know it's Liverpool but they have not been in the best of form and we should have taken a lot from the Arsenal and Leeds games against them and taken confidence.

We were at home, no fans and nothing to lose it's early in the season, we just spent 200m on attacking talents we should not be playing for a draw 2 games in.

Just now, killer1257 said:

Mate, we won titles with that mentality in the past with Mourinho and Conte. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah but those were quality managers that clearly knew their craft and how to maximize the effect, im still with FL, he deserves to have his squad at the ready and then we can judge the final outcome, lets hope injuries dont stop this cuz im really sick of them now.

Wrong lineup. The loss is Lampard’s fault. Should’ve started Giroud for his holdup and linkup play, gives us a get out option. CHO getting no minutes is shocking. Players out of position. Lampard’s fault and get Kepa out of my club. Disgraceful.

Even with Giroud up front, AC would have gotten a red card.

Players out of position? Kante and Mount?
Havertz has proven in Bundeslig that he can easily play as a RW or false 9. Do not get the hate here.
The only thing I hate about Lampard is his love for Mount.

so,,it's clear he choose for not to lose (at home???) either try to win. hope it's not his main tactics when we face a strong team... 

What’s wrong to keep a draw with 10 men against the scums? 38 matches a season, this is the 2nd game it’s not do or die.
killer1257 and Blue Armour like this

1 hour ago, iceboy said:

Until the red card AC was the best player in the pitch. IMO.

he was decent, and has been good so far this season

that goal was on Kepa

weak berk did not come out off his line quick enough

Magic Lamps likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Signings, new players, injured players coming back will help but it won't hide or solve the problems instantly.

As I said earlier, what is Lampard's style of play? What does he actually want us to do? You would think that after one year in charge, we would see a defined style of play, the patterns, the combination and all that and all he needed was better players to fit into that embedded style to make us better. But do you know our style? One game we are trying to dominate the opposition, the next we are playing on the counter attack. One game, we are playing 4-2-3-1, the next we are playing 4-3-3 and hell after that, we would probably play 3-4-3. There's been so many chopping and changing! 

Yup this screams of a manager that has yet to find any formula to sustain consistency, its too much up and down.

It’s good to see Lampard take on his responsibilities, envision his mistakes and point out solutions, the way a leader defends his players.

This goes from bad to worse.

The danger of appointing legendary players to the position of coach is not worth the risk this entails.

What we're in for.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Signings, new players, injured players coming back will help but it won't hide or solve the problems instantly.

As I said earlier, what is Lampard's style of play? What does he actually want us to do? You would think that after one year in charge, we would see a defined style of play, the patterns, the combination and all that and all he needed was better players to fit into that embedded style to make us better. But do you know our style? One game we are trying to dominate the opposition, the next we are playing on the counter attack. One game, we are playing 4-2-3-1, the next we are playing 4-3-3 and hell after that, we would probably play 3-4-3. There's been so many chopping and changing! 

he overthinks shit

1 minute ago, prehuman said:

It’s good to see Lampard take on his responsibilities, envision his mistakes and point out solutions, the way a leader defends his players.

This goes from bad to worse.

The danger of appointing legendary players to the position of coach is not worth the risk this entails.

What we're in for.

Juve might get that with Pirlo too

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

This, this, this! This is what I've been saying at half time. It's very confusing

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Thats called adapting your tactics to the occasion. Of course we are not gonna go all guns blazing at the 2nd best counter attacking team in the world. Lampard is tacitcally flexible. Maybe you can consider that  a weakness but it can also be a strength. There have been tactical masterclasses and there have been  blowouts as you would expect. i dont think we would lose this game with 11 men. I think we could have won it with Ziyech, Chilwell and Mendy. Pretty sure Lampard's approach is to get us compact in midfield and overpower teams with the individual quality we now have once all are fit. Not brilliant but will eventually win once everyone gets going. Its the terrible scheduling and the old ghosts of pastmanagers that are messing us up atm.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it's pretty clear by the players he's targetted that he wants to play aggressive, front foot attacking football. But when we're missing both starting wingers who are aggressive, front foot players, your new LB who loves more than anything to get forward, and are forced to shuffle players around out of their ideal positions (Mount and Havertz) I think this is the result. We look lost.

I think Frank wants to play much like Liverpool where we press teams into oblivion and assert ourselves. 

Habing a cool head in central defense who can also spray the ball around and keeper who isn't an inter clown should indeed instantly improve us. Everything else will take time.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Thats called adapting your tactics to the occasion. Of course we are not gonna go all guns blazing at the 2nd best counter attacking team in the world. Lampard is tacitcally flexible. Maybe you can consider that  a weakness but it can also be a strength. There have been tactical masterclasses and there have been  blowouts as you would expect. i dont think we would lose this game with 11 men. I think we could have won it with Ziyech, Chilwell and Mendy. Pretty sure Lampard's approach is to get us compact in midfield and overpower teams with the individual quality we now have once all are fit. Not brilliant but will eventually win once everyone gets going. Its the terrible scheduling and the old ghosts of pastmanagers that are messing us up atm.

I don't consider that as a weakness but given our inconsistent performances and the fact that we are trying to build a new team, it's worth questioning whether all the chopping and changing have been too much. We might be better off playing a set, consistent system to get everyone settled before starting to become more flexible with the approach, for example. Moreover, you see with Liverpool under Klopp. They have a defined way of playing, a consistent system used every week and rarely tinker it around. It has worked out pretty well for them in the last 2-3 years, hasn't it? We are more than a year into Lampard's tenure and we are still like guessing the lineup, the system every single game. If we really want to close the gap on Man City, Liverpool etc, then we should try to impose ourselves on the opposition and not so much the other way around. 

kellzfresh, Azul, dreamcfc and 1 other like this