test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Zouma
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

865 posts in this topic

Couple of things I have to say though.

1. Kante was fantastic, I've been very critical of him last two years and still not convinced he suits certain games (like the one next week) but he was incredible despite the score. 

2. We seem to be better at set pieces, not looked troubled from one in two games yet, maybe just maybe Barry has made an impact. 

kellzfresh and Blue Armour like this

Just now, Special Juan said:

I'm blaming everyone.

Stick prime Pele up top, he'd have been average with this approach.

Everyone said our defense is ***, I remember playing pool 4 times last year pretty much with the same defense and I think it is safe to say that we played them better last year 

Supermonkey92 likes this

Lampard hasn't even improved tactically, people aren't judging him because he is a Chelsea legend which is understandable. However you have got to be consistent with your beliefs, if this was Sarri then people would go bonkers.

He wasn't out of position. Did anyone watch him play last year. He played wide right and false 9.
I think most Chelsea fans know nothing about Havertz

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

If Kepa was not that fucking stupid and Jorginho scored the penalty we’re 1:1 now with 10 men, put that in mind. Again, we were solid in the first half except the red card incident, I dunno what were you watching saying otherwise. Kai showed his quality with one touch linkups, Werner was fucking lively and they didn’t have any clear cut chances, again, except the red card incident.

Agreed.

Surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. Obviously the result is terrible.

Apart from the customary Kepa goof up and Jorginho's terrible penalty, team looked pretty solid. 

I'm really looking forward to our play following the return of squad members. Shame we have to deal with that shitty international break in between.

Even with 11vs11 we were second best on the pitch .Our press didn't work because we were not compact enough.And it was the same  story last year. It's not only about the players we are missing, it's about the coaching and the set-up. Liverpool were without Salah and Firminho against Barca  but they were on the front foot. And the red card and Kepa's mistake are just an excuse. 

Lampard has nice ideas and  but I am afraid that he might not know how to train this team into executing them. 

Supermonkey92 and Thesara like this

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

Tomori in the beast mode. Now watch him get loaned or never see him for a few months again.

he looked good

Conte would have slaughtered the team, FL needs to up his game, still too soon to judge but if progress cant be seen by christmas then Poch is coming

Johnnyeye likes this

Lampard hasn't even improved tactically, people aren't judging him because he is a Chelsea legend which is understandable. However you have got to be consistent with your beliefs, if this was Sarri then people would go bonkers.
We played really good, but then AC got a red card. After that, game over and Kepa with another mistake. Jorgi missed a pen and we still had chances.
Nothing wrong with Lampard today apart from the fact that he did not bring Tammy sooner

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Ryan Fong likes this

2 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

bye bye kepa and Jorginho....

You are kidding yourself if you think this game ended their Chelsea career.

Until Mendy or another GK has signed, we are stuck with Kepa.

What might have been had AC actually been awake.

One silver lining - Kepa's last league start for a while.

I really want to see some improvement from Lampard next game. It seems like we are regressing game after game. We now have no excuses. We have quality players but still don't see improvements. I know that we didn't have pre-season to gel the team but the sync among existing players itself?

Mount should not be playing on the wings I believe he played much better when he was playing as number 10.

Havertz needs more time training and understanding with team mates. Putting him on pitch and not having him showcase his best will affect his confidence with Media and everyone calling him out constantly

0007 likes this

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

Hes been given too many expensive toys to go on like this.

He's gonna be replaced by Poch sooner or later.

prehuman likes this

The team is clearly not sharp yet. preseason was too short. we have only played vs teams with considerably more preparation time so far. I dont mind the tactics. there is not point trying to match liverpool toe to toe when they are a well oiled side and we are one that is just assembling. The only gripe i have with todays tactics is that alonso and kepa started. i dont think azpi out of position or caballero can do worse. we really should have gooten our business done  ´quicker and sign 2 goalies and 2 left backs already just to keep them out of the starting lineup.

kellzfresh likes this

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Conte avrebbe massacrato la squadra, FL ha bisogno di alzare il tiro, ancora troppo presto per giudicare ma se a Natale non si vedono progressi allora arriva Poch

poch? my dream is klopp, but also someone like Julian Nagelsmann would like a lot!