test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Zouma
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

865 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They worked until a mistake like these did today.

For the record I don't agree with it, would rather lose going for it then to try and shithouse a 0-0, even if it was looking good to work until the red.

Anyway I don't want to talk about Arteta right now. I was talking about DT saying he looked at FL and said he is a straight up poor rookie coach. Doesn't rate him.

I wanted to throw something at DT in the head, but really...he's kind of right. I mean, I did feel like this last season after all.

Yes we got Havertz, Werner, Pulisic etc. but they can be all bottlenecked by the coach's tactics.

It also doesn't help he keeps on playing Kepa. Kepa should be frozen out unless an emergency. He's flat out useless.

Johnnyeye likes this

Chelsea set up very attacking and look terrible defensively.

TC - "We need to be better defensively and can't be so naive against big teams."

Chelsea set up more defensively and look defensively solid.

TC - "We are so negative, no attacking intent"

Conclusion. People will whine when we lose regardless. 2 dogshit errors cost us. Move on next game.

Strike, !Hazard!, Simon1991 and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Let's keep stubbornly trying to play out from the back and put the already shaky defense under even more pressure. 

giphy.gif

Better yet let's kick random long ball and let Werner fight against vvd and Fabinho in the air. 

0007 likes this

Leeds almost beat them and Arsenal beat them as well
No Leeds lost. And were lucky it was so close. They had 3 chances and scored 3. Don't be results oriented. Same with the arsenal game. First half they did nothing.

Defense was OK. Especially James and Zouma.

Bu then we have these liabilities of Kepa and to a lower extent Jorginho + Mount lost on the pitch and Harvetz nowhere near 70£ worth, he was walking on the pitch.

The overreactions are pretty laughable. We were completely fine in the first half and they didn’t have a single real threat expect Mane’s run and Christensen’s red card. On the other hand Werner had a couple of chances and Kante as well. Of course it’s going to be difficult against the champ with 10 men, what do you expect? Play ultra attacking football when it’s 0:0 with 10 men? Geez, second game of the season with half of the starting 11 missing and you’re all bitching, astonishing view.
Absolutely mate.

But it is TC so we have to allow for the fact people will moan if we don't win every game 3 nil.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even then, has anything really changed after a season with Lampard through coaching? We are still making dumb errors at the back (look at the Mane header for example) and can't pass the ball or even control possession for at least a couple of minutes. 

You would think that after one season, Lampard would have had this template or idea of playing embedded into the team and he just needed upgrades to make the team better. But we still look the same as last season. There doesn't seem to be any set kind of template in this team because Lampard has chopped and changed way too much. 

I had this discussion with a friend of mine. I came to the conclusion that Lampard doesn't have a philosophy. If you look at the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Ancelotti etc, you see all of these WC managers using a style of play and they also have a consistent team set up. Some of them use 433 formation others use 4231 etc. Lampard always changes his tactics and formation which hurts the team, because they can't get used to a style of play.

prehuman likes this

1 minute ago, Stats said:

He has been the only good player imo.

Problem is that he is good at the things you don't want to be happening too much during a game anyway, if Kante is excellent , generally its because we are playing poor as a team and are not controlling the game (Not always but generally) when we boss the game and he is mostly on the offence, he slows things down and doesn't offer enough attacking threat, moment in the first half was a good example.

We're not talking about when we were playing with 10 men but our tactics in the first half was extremely defensive, which ultimately cost us the game.
We basically didn't go in the game with intention to win but we didn't want to lose. That's worrying and a horrible mentality to have as a football manager.

This is bs I’m sorry, with major players missing against the champion last year and you expect us to all gang-ho? How naive. Mind you we won the god damn CL by playing this tactic, no, even more defensive.