• Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Lampard already said that he expect Ziyech to be out for couple of weeks

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

He said something like "we hope it's just a couple of weeks" but he wasn't sure. All we know is that he had a "slight twist" to his knee. It's gotta be something more severe than that if it's all such a mystery. 

After the tactical chaos, the bad decisions and the total apathy on the bench that we saw in the first game, I fear the worst.

And I just wanted to see the team play fluidly, in a well-trained scheme, with the best players in their positions.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You dont want to play Kai but would a very unproven,rusty CHO? Hmmm.wheres the threat in that MF

'Unproven, rusty' CHO played in the Brighton pre-season friendly and had good games for England U-21

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

'Unproven, rusty' CHO played in the Brighton pre-season friendly and had good games for England U-21

Tell that to FL.Not me needs convincing. I thought he shoulda played Brighton.

Lineups in last season's 4 games

Uefa Super cup - pool (P) 2-2 Chelsea

Kepa; Emerson, Zouma, Christensen, Azpi; Jorginho, Kanté, Kovacic; Pulisic, Giroud, Pedro

Premier League GW 6 - Chelsea 1-2 pool

Kepa; Emerson, Tomori, Christensen, Azpi; Jorginho, Kanté, Kovacic; Mount, Abraham, Willian

FA Cup - Chelsea 2-0 pool

Kepa; Alonso, Zouma, Rudiger, Azpi; Gilmour, Kovacic, Barkley; Pedro, Giroud, Willian

Premier League GW 37 - pool 5-3 Chelsea

Kepa; Alonso, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpi, James; Jorginho, Kovacic; Mount, Giroud, Willian

I think Kova comes straight back in.

But it's so hard to predict lineups without knowing who's going to be available.

Kepa (doubt he gets swapped when the party line is he's gonna compete with the new boy whenever he arrives)

Reece (don't think he will be dropped after that performance)
Zouma
Christensen (both played well and I think this game may be a little too soon to chuck silva straight in)
Azpi (alonso will get ripped on the right and Emerson clearly isn't in the plans)

Then I think lamps plays a midfield 3 of kante Kova and mount bringing on kai if we need an extra attacking threat. I would love kai to start though but i think lamps will wait for West Brom where we should have more of the ball. Hopefully I'm wrong and kai plays and he bosses it.

If pulisic is ready (which I will hope he is and he was left out vs Brighton with this game in mind) then he goes straight into left wing.

CHO on the right.

If he doesn't go CHO again and Pully isn't fit then I'm not sure. Giroud up front with Werner on the left would make sense.

But yeah shit tons of options available and even more to come when they are all fit. Which is a good thing of course.

Alexander-Arnold for how good he is going forward is really poor defensively, and isn't the quickest either.

Whoever plays on the left I feel needs to be quick and direct. It will cause him a lot of problems and also help to pin him back which is vital when he provides Liverpool their width.

Pulisic is the one hopefully fit to play there, particularly after the carnage he caused in the last 30 minutes a few weeks ago. However, if he isn't fit, I'd be inclined to play Werner there and bring Giroud in as a focal point.

Looks like we might need a prayer vigil for Kepa in this match.

Our team Which art eleven Hallowed be thy game Our match be won Their score be none On turf as we score at least seven Give us today no daily red … card And forgive us our lost passes As we forgive those Who lose passes against us Lead us not into retaliation And deliver us from penalties For three is the kick off The power and scorer For ever and ever Full time

52 minutes ago, Azul said:

I thought Pulisic was fit enough to play on Monday but Lampard decided to rest him for Sunday. I'd be very surprised if I don't see Pulisic in the line-up against Liverpool.

He's had a setback. 

Give it to me straight Doc.

In medical terms, you've had a setback.

A "setback."

Yes, a setback.

What does that mean?

It means your recovery has been delayed -- set back, if you will.

Set back how?

In medical terms, it's a setback.

What caused this setback?

The setback was caused by instead of progressing forward, you were set back.

Ah, I see.

24 minutes ago, Azul said:

All these setbacks...sigh. How come everyone is so injury prone lately? Is it Lampards training sessions? 

I feel its also because of FL, we have been shattered to pieces all season and looks like it will continue. Maybe the medical team too........whatever it is it can easily halt your game.

30 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

No, it is just that Pulisic is made out of glass

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I have a feeling that isn't true.  I do think he needs a better flexibility regimen than he has last season. I suspect it's no coincidence that the hamstring happened on his first big sprint right after half time.  On sidelines in other high-priced sports there are always a few players who seem to be on a stationary bike when they are not playing. Less than a couple of decades ago in the EPL halftime was a cigarette break. Presumably someone who is on the cutting edge of flexibility training is working with CP on his regimen.