2020/21 Expectations

BlueLyon

With all the new players around, what do you think our goals are next season?

Do you reckon Roman will demand some titles or will Lamps be given time to evolve? If he fails to win any silverware, could he get the axe?

Surely the squad is brand new and needs time, but if Roman is as ambitious once again, could he be ruthless too? We built a new team in 2004 and titles were immediately demanded...

On one hand we did spend alot and much quality came into this side, so big improvements are expected, but IMO its very young side that needs time, two seasons at least. Let the new boys and our youth develop properly and we will prosper soon.

What are your expectations?

4th Place, a Cup (League or FA), QF of the CL, Solid team chemistry by the end of the season. Met Expectations. Anything over that would be exceed expectation. 

We'r looking good in terms of signing and plugging in the gaps at this stage, we could actually have more than 50% change in terms of our starting 11 when we take the field on our first game. It will be very important for the players to settle in, understand stratergy and replicate it on the field, develop chemistry. Hence I feel 4th place. 

However if we're able to achieve this then we are title contendors next season for sure. 

I want a comfortable top 4 and clear progress felt, forget the title thats still too soon.

There is only 1 guarantee and thats the refs and VAR fucking us over while their darlings wont.

Ohh and getting past round of 16 in UCL would be nice. An FA cup wouldnt be bad either.

I just want fans allowed back in this empty stadium football is a load of bollocks made even worse by fake crowd noises on the telly. Lampard has a lot to prove and although he's been given a fairly easy ride by fans and the media that will change pretty quickly if we start slowly. We should be comfortably in the top four no excuses and hopefully a decent run in the CL.

Finishing third in the league. Quarter finals of the CL.

The problem is where we finish in a competition is also relative to the opposition. If Pool, City and United all get 90+ points I wouldn't see it a failure finishing 4th with mid 80 points. That's unlikely but the point is how other teams perform is relevant. If we finish 2nd with the league winner on 78 points, say, I'd be disappointed.

Ultimately, there's no point arbitrary choosing a position as the standard for a successful season.

Same with CL. We might get a death group and then draw Bayern again in the last 16. If we lose by one goal in a really tight draw that's improvement.

I would want more goals scored than last season given the players brought in attack and less goals conceded considering the added defensive players and assistant coach. We improve those areas and gain 10-15 points on last season id say frank did enough

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Supermonkey92 said:

If Pool, City and United all get 90+ points I wouldn't see it a failure finishing 4th with mid 80 points.

The others would have to be pretty shit if 4 teams end up with more than 80-90 points. 

Not predicting league position because that depends on others too but my expectation is 80-85 points. That would most likely be second or third place.

Reach QF in the champions league.

Get past the last 16 in the Champions League..its been a while!!

Decent runs again...if meet Arsenal in the FA cup..be nice to be 4th time lucky.

Top 4 finish with no faff and rely on other results to help

Defend corners...better defensive record then this season

Finish the season with Frank...

'From the next season there is no excuse, we HAVE to fight for the title': Nemanja Matic insists Man Utd must be among title contenders after showing the 'proper' United post-lockdown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8678683/Nemanja-Matic-outlines-Manchester-Uniteds-Premier-League-title-ambitions.html#

I do not like Matic or UTD and I do not think they have any chance but this is the right mentality. I wish some of our fans have the same.