test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

6. Thiago Silva

Started by Jason,

190 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I do wonder how they would feel walking around England or going to a restaurant.

When i'm abroad i know i have the safety net of not being too far away from an English speaker and have most things (like menu's, directions, airport announcement's) translated, they don't have that luxury. I guess it doesn't matter for footballers as they could hire a full time translator if need be but for an average foreigner moving here must be quite intimidating.

Can always use Siri. :P 

bigbluewillie likes this

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It doesn't happen very often. The main ones I can think of in the last few years would be Jorginho, Diego Costa and Hazard.

Jorginho could speak English before we signed him though? I am certain of that and in the build up to buying him it was mentioned IIRC by some journalists. So could Hazard just not particularly fluently. Belgiums second languages are predominantly French or Dutch depending on the area I think but a huge percentage also speak English. So its not as if he spoke none. 

Costa was probably the only one who didnt make much of an effort with that but again I think he would of had limited English at least. Plus half the guys there like Ramires, Oscar, Filipe Luis, Willian all spoke Portuguese as well as the several Spanish speakers in the dressing room so its not a big deal.

Silva will be fine. He has several Italian speakers such as Emerson, Alonso, Jorginho, Kovacic and Rudiger there. Plus Kante, Giroud and Zouma all speak French - Ziyech as well Moroccan Arabic will obviously be first language but French also spoken commonly there too so maybe got a bit.

The language barrier would be an issue if there was no other players who speak other languages he speaks but there are a lot. Plus he will pick some up if he hasnt got some already considering his wife and children speak English as well apparently? Just another petty issue that is being severely overlooked. 

bigbluewillie likes this

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah as someone who is trying to learn Spanish it's so much easier out in the field so to speak than it is in the classroom.

How do you learn? You have teacher or? 

I started my Italian course on Duolingo back in March when quarantine started and I should complete it soon. It is great app but to become fluent much more is needed. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

How do you learn? You have teacher or? 

I started my Italian course on Duolingo back in March when quarantine started and I should complete it soon. It is great app but to become fluent much more is needed. 

I went once a week to classes. In my opinion constant convo with a fluent speaker is the best way. Learned more in a month in Spain than I ever did in class.

Strike and NikkiCFC like this

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

When’s he back? 

Not injured so probably Wednesday 

He sure sounds motivated as hell, as it was his first professional club. This is yet another a top, top interview.

I seriously cannot wait to see this legend play for us.

19 hours ago, Milan said:

He sure sounds motivated as hell, as it was his first professional club. This is yet another a top, top interview.

I seriously cannot wait to see this legend play for us.

During Liverpool game I noticed how focused he was while looking shit he needs to fix.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Weird statement. For an accomplished defender, long balls are a piece of cake to deal with. Let's hope he does not like long balls bc he just feels bored defending them lol

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Weird statement. For an accomplished defender, long balls are a piece of cake to deal with. Let's hope he does not like long balls bc he just feels bored defending them lol

Luckily for him, he now plays for the team that plays the long ball football.

0007 and killer1257 like this

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

Luckily for him, he now plays for the team that plays the long ball football.

tbf Timo scores a lot of his goals after long balls into space on the counter. It should be mandatory for a cb to be able to pull those off.

DDA likes this

He meant it more that he thought the league was full of stokes and he wants to play better football than get it and lump it up to Peter crouch. Not that he can't deal with it.

He came across well in his interview, assuming the translator wasn't bullshitting us lol