test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

6. Thiago Silva

Started by Jason,

190 posts in this topic

Finally a world class derender. A defender that can actually defend. Hard to find those oldschool defenders, even though Thiago Silva is also WC with his ball playing abilities.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

ulsterchelsea and kellzfresh like this

Let's get it.

Some quality and experience that is much needed. Sure we aren't getting peak thiago silva but on a free and given the issues we've had that's a great signing

BXL70 likes this

💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

The clown defensive errors are hopefully a thing of the past now...

Massive signing, he's such a good defender short term. He already is the second best CB in the PL, with VVD obviously being the best. 

My second favourite team after Chelsea is AC Milan. I used to watch him play there with Nesta and I can tell you that he will 100% change our way of defending. Let's hope he becomes a mentor to these young lads, just like he Nesta was to him.

Fernando likes this

Unorthodox solution for the centreback spot. Not sure about how he will fare week in week out but a big lift for the dressing room and someome who will set standards everyday.

Good to have Brazilians again :)

BXL70 likes this

OhThiagoSilva.....welcome to the bridge. please lead our defensive line to be better,,i don't care about 36 years old. as long as you playing good,,age is only number....:cig:

A few weeks back I wasn't sure about this due to his age and he'd had a couple of injuries in recent times. However watching him in PSG's Champions League run since, I've no doubts and in the short term this could be the key signing of the lot.

He's still world class and whilst he might not be as quick as he once was, he still has more than enough pace to contend in the Premier League (what is it with Brazilian defenders, they seem to go on forever!).

Not the tallest or most physical of defenders but his anticipation, positional awareness and determination leave him very rarely exposed in any situations.

And a genuine ball player at the back.

I mentioned on a previous post that a large group of our first team squad will have grown up in their teens or younger watching Thiago Silva as one of the elite centre backs of his generation. It'll be huge for the squad to share a dressing room and train with him.

The experience will be critical too with the loss of Pedro and Willian and Lampard gets a player of such high respect and experience that he'll pretty much be an on field coach for the defence too, much like Desailly and Gullit were when they came to Chelsea. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he settles and all things work out if he remains the second season too and Lampard then tries to transition him into his coaching group if that's the route he'd like to take.

kc_blue, Fernando, BXL70 and 1 other like this