21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

7 minutes ago, Alabama said:

I would rather play Kepa as a left back than sign this lad for any fee above 55m....

Chilwell ain't that bad. It's just the price tag.. If we get him for 50 or under I'm absolutely fine with Chilwell. Although I still would have prefered a cheaper option but if Frank wants him then I trust Frank.

Don’t quite understand the overreactions, to me I’m not even bothered about the price. Just leave it to Frank and Granny, I’m pretty sure they are not stupid enough to jeopardize other needed signings, after all they are paid buckets of money to do this and I’m fully confident they will do it properly.

11 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Don’t quite understand the overreactions, to me I’m not even bothered about the price. Just leave it to Frank and Granny, I’m pretty sure they are not stupid enough to jeopardize other needed signings, after all they are paid buckets of money to do this and I’m fully confident they will do it properly.

I hear you, but I also hear the voice in my head saying someone was paid buckets of money to bring in Drinkwater. 

Totally NOT comparing DD to Chilwell.

Can we try to remember that Chilwell is a decent player that has not peaked yet? 

I strongly suspect that Chelsea knows what they are trying to accomplish, and if they are prioritizing Chilwell over other signings (not counting Havertz as I am confident it will happen) then they do so because they strongly believe in the player's quality.

Let's keep in mind that we live in a world where Maguire and Rice are valued at 80m.

I hear you, but I also hear the voice in my head saying someone was paid buckets of money to bring in Drinkwater. 

Totally NOT comparing DD to Chilwell.

I hear you too mate, I’m not saying Chilwell won’t be a high price flop 100%. I’m just saying it’s quite unlikely signing him will jeopardize other planned signings this summer that’s all.

23 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

is he already part of Leicester side when they won the PL?

if so,,then "the mentality" that make him more luxury tag now. just like maguire case...

I think he was part of the squad but didn't really play at that point.

Maguire wasn't at Leicester then either.

3 hours ago, Rekin said:

Can we try to remember that Chilwell is a decent player that has not peaked yet? 

I strongly suspect that Chelsea knows what they are trying to accomplish, and if they are prioritizing Chilwell over other signings (not counting Havertz as I am confident it will happen) then they do so because they strongly believe in the player's quality.

Let's keep in mind that we live in a world where Maguire and Rice are valued at 80m.

Stop talking sense mate, there's mindless overreacting going on here and an agenda that needs pushing

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Did anyone expected Robertson to become this good when Liverpool signed him?

They are same height and Andy was also 23 when Pool signed him.

the dippers paid £8m for him

we might end up paying 10 times that

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Are we actually going to pay 80m£ for him

80m £ !!!!!!! For Ben bloody chillwell. 😅😅

Marina wouldn't pay more than 80mil euros for Havertz. She sure isn't going to pay more than that for Chilwell. Sky reported before that Leicester softened their stance on their initial asking price. People are just speculating. We don't even know if the info that came out today is real.