test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

271 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If anyone fancy's half time laugh Spurs have charged their fans £10 to watch the pre season friendly Vs Birmingham.

Just when you think Levy couldn't get even more ridiculous...

About to say thats not to bad..before realising they're not watching in the stadium..bit of a cheek!

Tomo likes this

Good half of football for the new lads. Now get them off so one of these Brighton players don't injure them!

5 minutes ago, Valdo said:

I have a feeling Ruben just never will get to the form we want him to be

He will be 25 in less than 5 months and I can't even see  him being in the mix for the regular subs that Frank is gonna use. 

I think this ship has sailed. 

About to say thats not to bad..before realising they're not watching in the stadium..bit of a cheek!
Everytime spurs and money comes up i always think of their owner offering 30m for Morientes. . . . .in 10 instalments giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd74tflrji7sl3skbgzt05ru0euxndf35khdft6u3fx&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's only a friendly so I'm not going to read into it a lot, but I am concerned about our central midfield.

The way we play now Kante/Kovacic/RLC are mostly disrupting the opposition and instantly passing it to the flanks, reducing the chance for our wingers to make space for themselves.
We need a CM that can carry forward the ball to some degree and pull the opposing defence to him, and only then go wide. If Ziyech gets it too close to the middle of the pitch, he cant make any dangerous runs and has to pass it back to the defence. 

It makes our plays very predictable, while also slowing the tempo. 

I think Havertz could be the right player for this, but it concerns me that this issue is carrying on from the previous season.  

0007 likes this

1 minute ago, Rekin said:

It's only a friendly so I'm not going to read into it a lot, but I am concerned about our central midfield.

The way we play now Kante/Kovacic/RLC are mostly disrupting the opposition and instantly passing it to the flanks, reducing the chance for our wingers to make space for themselves.
We need a CM that can carry forward the ball to some degree and pull the opposing defence to him, and only then go wide. If Ziyech gets it too close to the middle of the pitch, he cant make any dangerous runs and has to pass it back to the defence. 

It makes our plays very predictable, while also slowing the tempo. 

I think Havertz could be the right player for this, but it concerns me that this issue is carrying on from the previous season.  

Well this again just goes to show how important Mount is. His influence in our build up. 

To be quite honest, I would love a run of this midfield for a few games. Especially against opposition that park the bus. 

Jorginho

Havertz---Mount 

0007 and Tomo like this

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

To think we just gave Loftus-Cheek a new long term contract last year...

that horrific Achilles tear probably ruined him for good

or for years at least

he looks a shell of what he was

he needs to step up

kellzfresh and ZAPHOD2319 like this