• Jorginho
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Yeah, we should have enough for Brighton. But it's looking likely we'll be seeing the same dreadful defense + keeper for a bit longer. When a strong start to the season is probably going to be hugely important, that's not ideal. Especially with Liverpool up next.

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, we should have enough for Brighton. But it's looking likely we'll be seeing the same dreadful defense + keeper for a bit longer. When a strong start to the season is probably going to be hugely important, that's not ideal. Especially with Liverpool up next.

What with, Chilwell, Zyech, and Silva, + Pulisic.

Whats going to be different from last season fucking same keeper, same defence, possibly without Havertz, the more it changes the more it stays the same.

6 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Whats going to be different from last season fucking same keeper, same defence, possibly without Havertz, the more it changes the more it stays the same.

Havertz sounds like he's ready to start straight away. Werner likewise. Chilwell we all knew would be missing for a while.

Ziyech is the new signing I was probably most looking forward to seeing initially so this injury really annoys me. Why Frank even played him in the second half of that useless friendly I don't know. Was really feeling that Ziyech was the one new signing that would instantly provide decisive goal involvement.

Guess the Ziyech blow is softened quite a bit by the fact that CP is back already.

Well we have one of last seasons most clinical strikers and havertz on top of the squad last season. Plus it appears pulisic is fit.

I highly doubt even if they were all fit Frank was gonna start all 5 new players in game week 1.

Put it this way. The squad available should be enough for Brighton.

Havertz sounds like he's ready to start straight away. Werner likewise. Chilwell we all knew would be missing for a while.
Ziyech is the new signing I was probably most looking forward to seeing initially so this injury really annoys me. Why Frank even played him in the second half of that useless friendly I don't know. Was really feeling that Ziyech was the one new signing that would instantly provide decisive goal involvement.
Guess the Ziyech blow is softened quite a bit by the fact that CP is back already.

We can't all be saying we needed more preseason minutes then say that 55 minutes is too long for a player to play when most were coming off after 60.

Hindsight is wonderful but it's just a very unfortunate thing that could have happenned to anyone.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ziyech's league didn't continue post lockdown so he needed minutes for match fitness in what was our only pre season game.

16 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Well we have one of last seasons most clinical strikers and havertz on top of the squad last season. Plus it appears pulisic is fit.

I highly doubt even if they were all fit Frank was gonna start all 5 new players in game week 1.

Put it this way. The squad available should be enough for Brighton.

Agree mate.

But it's still really depressing that we're going to start with last seasons back four ,and GK's

Monday seems so far away, I wish the game would be tomorrow at noon!

Many doubts about the eleven that Frank can present in Brighton.
Azpi and Pulisic have just returned from training, so maybe he won't risk putting them on, at least at first.

Kepa
James, Rudiger, Zouma, Alonso
Kante, Jorginho, Mount
Havertz, Giroud, Werner

With Ziyech gone, and if Frank decides to save Pulisic this would be a good option.

P.S.: We have a league for Fantasy PL??