test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Brighton 1-3 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Zouma
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

787 posts in this topic

Some setbacks. Ziyech was so needed.

Kepa

James zouma rudiger azpi

Mount kante havertz

CHO Werner pulisic

Should be able to get the points.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I would actually expect this team. Maybe Werner on the wing and Giroud up top. 

Kepa

Dave---Rudiger---Zouma---Alonso

Kante

Barkley-----Mount

Havertz----------------------CHO

Werner

I also think that Pulisic wont start after just 4 days of training. But Jorginho for Barkley and this should be our lineup.

With 5 starters out: Mendy, Silva, Chilwell, Kovacic and Ziyech and basically no pre season I just want 3 points, do not really care about playing pretty or anything.

So if Kepa has good game here does Frank drop him for Liverpool for Mendy or he continues with him?

Anyone just coming back from fitness or is touch and go then don't play them. The seasons way to long for pulisic to reinjure it and be out longer same with ziyech.

Play some sort of last years team but with havertz and Werner and hopefully that'll be more than good enough and then give everyone an extra week before Liverpool

Strike likes this

12 hours ago, Alabama said:

Should start then...looking interesting..

I would rather not. Bring Pulisic off the bench if needed. Last thing we need right now is rushing him back and him re-injuring that hamstring again, like with Kante last season. 

Strike likes this

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard also confirmed both Azpi and Pulisic are in contention to start on Monday after their recent hamstring injury. But he said he will have to manage them carefully as well. 

Pully seems to be fit so I imagine he will play.

Kante Mount/Jorgi
Havertz
CHO Pully
Werner

Would be my guess. I imagine if he plays jorginho alongside kante in midfield then we'll see mount wide

That answer about Ziyech didn't sound good at all. Frank says he's hopeful he'll be ready in a matter of weeks. 

Doesn't to me that he'll be ready any time soon. 😣

Normally I'd say we should have enough to beat them, but with the lack of preseason games we may need to stick with what we are familiar with for the time being. 

Yeah, we should have enough for Brighton. But it's looking likely we'll be seeing the same dreadful defense + keeper for a bit longer. When a strong start to the season is probably going to be hugely important, that's not ideal. Especially with Liverpool up next.

Supermonkey92 and killer1257 like this

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, we should have enough for Brighton. But it's looking likely we'll be seeing the same dreadful defense + keeper for a bit longer. When a strong start to the season is probably going to be hugely important, that's not ideal. Especially with Liverpool up next.

What with, Chilwell, Zyech, and Silva, + Pulisic.

Whats going to be different from last season fucking same keeper, same defence, possibly without Havertz, the more it changes the more it stays the same.