• Havertz
    • Werner
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

10 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

What happened to RLC, I’m more concerned than frustrated

what I have been saying about him since it happened

it is 80% likely (or more) that the Achilles rupture wrecked him (and CHO as well perhaps) for good

Havertz had nice one touch passes. Lost the ball once and ran back to make a successful tackle. Also, if Mount would have passed better he probably would have scored from a lovely run in the beginning.

Werner is such a breath of fresh air for us in attack. Great runs and effort in the press. 

If both Havertz and Werner would be a little more aggressive in their pressing, and not allow Brighton to correct some miscontrols, they wouldn't be playing so comfortably from the back.

I like the idea of putting Havertz where RLC is playing and unleashing CHO on them!

Werner looks electric. I was surprised/worried to see RLC in the lineup and I would rather we sub him. Is scuppering every move and just doesnt look at it. Would rather Barkley or even CHO come on in his place. We are quite lucky to be in front tbh. Lamptey our former academy player is a real talent. He has a bright future. It is a shame he moved on.

Our midfield play is simply atrocious, pure garbage. We have no control or ball retention in the central midfield. Mount and Havertz are not at all involved in the play in the first half, Kante is mostly disrupting Brighton, while Jorginho gets to play a pass or two when he drops deep. Otherwise it is just CB/FB hoofing the ball up.

I really, really hope that this is down to missing players and when Havertz and Mount play more centrally supported by Kovacic/Kante we will see more quality in possession. The wing play is just not going anywhere currently. 

Really liking Werner so far, great work rate without sacrificing the offensive threat. Him and Zouma primarily have been looking good. RLC is not really doing anything currently, and as mentioned above Havertz and Mount are barely involved so far. 

The team is gonna be rusty as we saw throughout the prem this weekend. Things are gonna take time. Anyone expecting perfection game one was really hoping.

I know this is TC and we are either the best team in the world or the worst team in the world depending what game it is but chill.

The Ziyech injury is huge as it forces us to play mediocre RLC. We'd probably be pinning them in and forcing them to sit deeper with him on the right and Kai in the center. Ruben offers no real threat.

Pulisic and Chilwell marauding down the other side will be a dramatic difference as well. Alonso is useless in a back 4 and Mount is wasted out wide.

Pretty shite so far. Well not the worst but not  good either.

Ruben still looks a shadow of the player he was. Honesty think this season will be his last here if he doesn’t prove himself to be an asset. I really do. Also not playing Havertz as a 10 looks to be stifling him a bit but also, no surprise he looks a bit rusty. 

5 minutes ago, nofacej said:

The main positive to take away from the performance so far is that we have so many players set to return from injury or integrate into the squad that we won't be playing with this horrible formation again and at least have something to look forward to.

I hope the coach understands that 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Ziyech injury is huge as it forces us to play mediocre RLC. We'd probably be pinning them in and forcing them to sit deeper with him on the right and Kai in the center. Ruben offers no real threat.

Pulisic and Chilwell marauding down the other side will be a dramatic difference as well. Alonso is useless in a back 4 and Mount is wasted out wide.

Oh my, imagine Ziyech in that half. He would have run riot.

The weird pre season and stuff is taking its toll, all look rusty. Playing a bit 424 like really puts Havertz too wide and RLC is completely out of his depth down the middle. It sadly looks like he has been absolutely finished as a top player by that useless friendly in the states. And if Lamps really trusts that dud over an actual winger like CHO we need to sign another winger simple as

How the hell 'are we supposed to make a statement' when this is basically almost the same team and with just 1 pre-season game to accommodate the signings? Not to mention other 5 new players are yet to make an appearance for Chels.

Jesus, 'we are supposed to make a statement' :D