test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NikkiCFC

Marina Granovskaia appreciation thread

Started by NikkiCFC,

38 posts in this topic

still hope the Havertz transfer effect will work as Marina's Plan. Havert => Leverkusen => Patrick Schkik => Roma => Jorginho for 35mp back to us.....:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Lets see where all these new transfers take us. Until then...

To be fair, the decisions are not on her. She's the negotiator and she has gotten the deals done at a fair price (maybe marginally high price for Chilwell, Havertz).  But point is she did not muck about with the coach's wishlist and got deals done two weeks before the new season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jason said:

:lol:

This thread is one dud signing away from becoming 'Marina Granovskaia Bashing Thread'...

No one has received more stick on this forum than her and real vile stuff as well mainly because she's a woman in a man's world. People are under the ridiculous misapprehension that she chooses who to buy and then give her untold grief when buys go wrong. Anyone wanting to know how a football club works watch Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix chief executives (or similar role) negotiate the contracts and wages and nothing else. I had a look on the Shed End and they have a similar thread going coincidence ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Strike said:

To be fair, the decisions are not on her. She's the negotiator and she has gotten the deals done at a fair price (maybe marginally high price for Chilwell, Havertz).  But point is she did not muck about with the coach's wishlist and got deals done two weeks before the new season!

Who are we going to blame then if Kai, Werner etc flop like Morata?

Who is then actualy responsible? And dont say Lamps because if he makes these decisions, blame is on the one who authorised him to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Who are we going to blame then if Kai, Werner etc flop like Morata?

Who is then actualy responsible? And dont say Lamps because if he makes these decisions, blame is on the one who authorised him to do so. 

These players have proven to have great talent, unlike Morata (who I never rated).

If they do perform bad (like ALL of them), then it’s Lampard. Which makes sense because he isn’t a proven coach.

But that’s if they flop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Who are we going to blame then if Kai, Werner etc flop like Morata?

Who is then actualy responsible? And dont say Lamps because if he makes these decisions, blame is on the one who authorised him to do so. 

The decision makers - Cech, Marina, the coaching team (Frank) and others if there is anyone else involved- share the responsibility. From what I've read Marina is involved in the negotiations. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strike said:

The decision makers - Cech, Marina, the coaching team (Frank) and others if there is anyone else involved- share the responsibility. From what I've read Marina is involved in the negotiations. 

 

What about prior to Lamps arrival? 

There was Emenalo before, but who was responsible in the time between?

I am not critical based on this summer, but more with history of Marina deals. 

Who made decisions on Drinkwaters, Kepas etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Oh for fucks sake mate of course it's down to Lampard he's the manager. If the coach turns up late Marina's fault, if the canteen runs out of chips Marina's fault. She negotiates transfers and contracts nothing else I can't believe your so naive.

Yup because Lamps is here only since 2019 and we were absolutely superb on transfers before right? We also created hell of a team project in the last 10 years 😄

I couldnt give 2 tosses if Marina only job is to negotiate. She is a director of football or whatever we call that and this position DEMANDS knowledge on scouting and players because that is how a project can be successful. If she is only capable to work with numbers and negotiate, she doesnt have the right qualifications and shouldnt be DOF at all. 

Neither should Lamps or any other manager pick these players. Managers come and go and you are then stuck with bunch of Jorginhos who dont fit.

Every club needs a DOF who picks the strategy and follows a long term project. Which manager and players to bring has to tie in so that everything progresses and works. 

No wonder we have been a total clusterfuck in europe and PL (with exclusion of two titles who were definately not a proof we are anywhere near dominanant and improving side because we were crap in europe and the following seasons after winning title), yet you seem to be perfectly content and happy with that.

The entire board should be fired years ago for the KDB and Salah fuckups, not to mention all the garbage we spend the cash and time on. 

So yeah, I will judge Marina to be anywhere near deserving a praise once this season actualy kicks in and Kai, Ziyech, Werner, xyz deliver results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yup because Lamps is here only since 2019 and we were absolutely superb on transfers before right? We also created hell of a team project in the last 10 years 😄

I couldnt give 2 tosses if Marina only job is to negotiate. She is a director of football or whatever we call that and this position DEMANDS knowledge on scouting and players because that is how a project can be successful. If she is only capable to work with numbers and negotiate, she doesnt have the right qualifications and shouldnt be DOF at all. 

Neither should Lamps or any other manager pick these players. Managers come and go and you are then stuck with bunch of Jorginhos who dont fit.

Every club needs a DOF who picks the strategy and follows a long term project. Which manager and players to bring has to tie in so that everything progresses and works. 

No wonder we have been a total clusterfuck in europe and PL (with exclusion of two titles who were definately not a proof we are anywhere near dominanant and improving side because we were crap in europe and the following seasons after winning title), yet you seem to be perfectly content and happy with that.

The entire board should be fired years ago for the KDB and Salah fuckups, not to mention all the garbage we spend the cash and time on. 

So yeah, I will judge Marina to be anywhere near deserving a praise once this season actualy kicks in and Kai, Ziyech, Werner, xyz deliver results.

 

giphy.gif

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

mainly because she's a woman in a man's world. 

why is this always an argument when someone criticizes a woman.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been he consensus that she does not pick our targets just leads the negotiations. If we apply this logic to our sales and extensions, she also does not pick the players to be sold or offered new contracts. She can only be judged by the terms of deals, contracts and negotiation outcomes. So she can be blamed for the fucked up no sale and extension of Alonso, Kepa's and Drinkies wages e.g. So it is a bit weird that we praise her now, when the only spectacular deal this window so far is Ziyech who we signed way under market value and on a decent contract. Werner was release clause, Havertz will go for above market value. I still think she excels most in sales. The real cock up was obviously Willian to Barca. on the other hand the Hazard and Schürrle sales were out of this world.

I honestly think the involvement of Lampard and Petr in the transfers is what helped us identify quality players and eventally convince them to join us. Those two were not there before and our record was mixed. I always attributed this to the lack of football knowledge on the board.

Overall I would give Marina a 7/10 for deals alone but i make it 8/10 bc of her dignified and professional presence and the good relationships she has established across Europe after we lost a bit of respect on an execute level after Peter Kenyon left.

Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference is we have Petr Cech this year which makes Marina's job easier. He talks to players to convince them coming to Chelsea. Top players know what top players want to hear, what their concerns and ambitions are. We should have appointed someone like him years ago.

Johnnyeye, killer1257 and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



There has been he consensus that she does not pick our targets just leads the negotiations. If we apply this logic to our sales and extensions, she also does not pick the players to be sold or offered new contracts. She can only be judged by the terms of deals, contracts and negotiation outcomes. So she can be blamed for the fucked up no sale and extension of Alonso, Kepa's and Drinkies wages e.g. So it is a bit weird that we praise her now, when the only spectacular deal this window so far is Ziyech who we signed way under market value and on a decent contract. Werner was release clause, Havertz will go for above market value. I still think she excels most in sales. The real cock up was obviously Willian to Barca. on the other hand the Hazard and Schürrle sales were out of this world.
I honestly think the involvement of Lampard and Petr in the transfers is what helped us identify quality players and eventally convince them to join us. Those two were not there before and our record was mixed. I always attributed this to the lack of football knowledge on the board.
Overall I would give Marina a 7/10 for deals alone but i make it 8/10 bc of her dignified and professional presence and the good relationships she has established across Europe after we lost a bit of respect on an execute level after Peter Kenyon left.


You forgot the Morata sale, which was really good. If we sell Emerson for around 20 million Euros, another good deal.

According to Wikipedia, she got her new position 2014. I do not know if she got her new position at the beginning of 2014 or throughout 2014.
From my research, I think she got her new position around october 2014 because Matt Law wrote an article saying that Gourlay left the club and Marina will get more responsibilities .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11180282/Marina-Granovskaias-ascent-to-most-powerful-woman-in-world-football-continues-as-Ron-Gourlay-leaves-Chelsea.html

So she can be judged after the summer window 14/15. Maybe, she was also part of the summer window, but I do not know. So the amazing sale of Schürrle was definitely her doing.
She sold Ramires for 28 million Euros, Filipe Luis for 16 million and Cech for 14 million Euros, which all are decent sales. 28 million for Ramires is amazing, considering he was not in his prime anymore and not playing as much, Cech was also never playing and older and getting 14 million is decent. Then 16/17 season she sold a completely average Oscar for 60 million Euros, which was an amazing deal due to the fact that Conte was not playing him anymore and Oscar was not Chelsea material. Amazing deal.
Then she sold Salah for just 15 million Euros, which still to this day, I do not why we sold him. He had 20 scorer during that season in Italy and Salahs showed his insane dribbling skills back then. Even if Conte thought that he was no Chelsea material, she should have gotten double the amount. During that time she also bought Kante for 35 million Euros, which is one of the greatest Chelsea deals ever. 17/18 season she sold Costa for 66 million Euros and Matic for 45 million. The Costa deal was from todays standpoint amazing and the Matic deal was also pretty good. I do not think that Matic was that good at Man United. Solid maybe, but nothing extraordinary.
So I think apart from Salah departure, nothing too serious. Most sales were very good.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.