Sergio Reguilón

NikkiCFC

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Why should Reguilon not handle PL when he destroyed Bissaka, one of the best and most physical tacklers in PL? Also, Greenwood, one of the most efficient PL RW, did not do that much. Most of Uniteds attack came from left or the middle apart from that one shot from Fred. Lampard and his scout Ashley Cole just love English players too much, so that is why we will not go for a pressing machine like Reguilon. His defending style is so modern because he starts pressing higher up. Really like his profile overall.

By the way, there is not one available target that is good at defending. Tagliafico has his flaws, Telles is not good at defending most of the times, Gosens is from what I have seen bad at defending too, Chilwell is also bad. So, all the available LB targets are no Ashley Coles at defending. So we should get the overall best and from what I see it should be Reguilon. Costs the least, played good quality opponents in La Liga and also showed that physical opponents are not a problem for him.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

This is exactly why I posted this earlier...

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Just wondering, has anyone here actually watched Reguilon week in week out, throughout the season and not just the last few Sevilla games before his name was suddenly mentioned, to know his strengths and weaknesses? I haven't seen enough of him to know those myself but judging by the reaction on here and elsewhere, you would think he's the second coming of Roberto Carlos or something. Everything is focused only on the positives with Reguilon and then with someone like Chilwell, everything is focused only on the negatives. 

Have you seen Reguilon play week in week out before we were linked with him? Or did you only watch him recently, like most other people?

Of course, United did not make much of an impact down their right side. Greenwood, as well as he has done, is not exactly an out-and-out winger and he is only 18 years old, who isn't consistent yet. Wan-Bissaka is also hardly an attacking right back or is rather poor at going forward.

And again, doing well in an one-off game against United is one thing but to do it over the course of 38-50 domestic games is another. Scouts, managers etc do not base players off 1-2 games.

On top all of this, what if we decide against pursuing Reguilon because of the buy-back clause that Real Madrid reportedly want to have in the contract?

8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That said, he did get rated best LB in La Liga so he must've done something right. Also as he does play in La Liga it is more likely people may have seen him play a lot rather than some of the others touted such as Cakir and Rajkovic (not saying they are not good players, just saying it seems doubtful people have seen enough full 90 min games from them.) 

He may play in La Liga but he plays for Sevilla. Unless they are playing one of the notable sides in the league, people may not watch Sevilla at all. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

He may play in La Liga but he plays for Sevilla. Unless they are playing one of the notable sides in the league, people may not watch Sevilla at all. 

Of course. I thought I had indicated that with the first part of the post. I added this caveat as playing for Sevilla means it is more likely he has been watched than a bloke from a mid-low table French team or a block from the Turkish league. 

For me, I only really believe people have seen enough of a player if they are; a) playing for a PL side, b ) playing for a top 10 German side (as the Bundesliga has start to pick up popularity in the UK and we seem to have quite a few decent German posters) c) playing for one of the elite European sides outside of those leagues i.e. Milan, Inter, Real, Barca, Juve, PSG. D) Playing for a big domestic European side that play in the CL/Ropey League a lot i.e. Benfica, Porto, Napoli, Ajax, Sevilla etc. This last category is where it starts to become less likely. 

Outside of those categories, I am pretty sure it is highlights/youtube clups/stats as the amount of football you would have to watch otherwise is insane. I for instance will usually watch around 4-6 PL games on any match week, a big domestic fixture from one of the German/Spanish/Italian leagues (if there is one that weekend) and then 1-2 matches from each day of the CL/Ropey League when possible (a 5:30 ko then a 20:00 ko). However, even though I watch that amount of football, I cannot vouch for half the players that get touted on here and struggle to see how people have more time to watch even more football than I do. 

@Jason to add to your question. I have read his thread on a Sevilla forum, and basically they all valued the bloke to some extent.

The main takeaways were that he had great potential, great energy down the flank, but not a world beater neither offensively nor defensively at this point in time. Very interestingly, most of them did not want the club to spend 20M on him. 

I also think we need to bring a bit of context when looking at this. Their top transfer was 25M with Rony Lopes, so they are obviously looking at 20M in a different light than we would.

But in purely footballing terms, most of them agreed he is a good footballer.

3 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

@Jason to add to your question. I have read his thread on a Sevilla forum, and basically they all valued the bloke to some extent.

The main takeaways were that he had great potential, great energy down the flank, but not a world beater neither offensively nor defensively at this point in time. Very interestingly, most of them did not want the club to spend 20M on him. 

I also think we need to bring a bit of context when looking at this. Their top transfer was 25M with Rony Lopes, so they are obviously looking at 20M in a different light than we would.

But in purely footballing terms, most of them agreed he is a good footballer.

Thanks, but I still will stick with a proven Premier English player. 

I have no doubt we will get at least 5 good years from Chilwell. 

PL proven thing is complete nonsense - PL teams have been doing horribly in european comps the last 10 years. As long as the player is in the top 4 leagues I really don't care. Ziyech, along with some players from the dutch league, are special cases and can see their quality in UCL.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Davies is out of this world on both ends.

months ago I called him the best left back on the planet, probably the best fullback as Kimmich slid over to DMF, and he will soon pass him as well, if he has not already

I would take either one in a flash over TAA, who needs to up his defensive game IMHO

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

months ago I called him the best left back on the planet, probably the best fullback as Kimmich slid over to DMF, and he will soon pass him as well, if he has not already

I would take either one in a flash over TAA, who needs to up his defensive game IMHO

Not taking anything away from Davies or Trent but do you think they're massively aided by coming into a team at their absolute peak? Compared to our boys who are coming through together in what was already a flawed inconsistent team anyway. I can't help but feel RJ 10 years older coming into our team with the old guard in their pomp he'd have exploded similarly, Callum aswell.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You