• Azpilicueta
    • Tomori
    • Cumming
    • Emerson
    • Gilmour

I would go with:

1. Pulisic

2. Kovacic

Giroud was amazing but not enough minutes to win this. Azpi and Willian very solid.

I had 15 goals mark for Tammy before the season and he did it. Mount, Zouma, Alonso and Jorginho would make top10 for me.

James is promising I think he will become great. Still a lot to learn. Tomori also solid and promising, lets see in the future, not ready yet. Gilmour had 2 amazing games also bright future ahead!

RLC not enough minutes to judge anything, next season is massive for him. Caballero was solid when he played. Kante was not bad but his standard is much, much higher plus injuries...

Ross as always hot and cold. Sometimes he is prime Zidane, sometimes semi pro player -_-

CHO same as RLC except he played more and was actually very good in small part of the season when he made some nice assists. Pedro did not play much, thanks for everything!

And in the end huge disappointments: Kepa, Rudiger (both much better before this season what happend?) In Sarri season they were top5 for me with Eden, RLC and Kante. They have been horrible this season.

Emerson also huge disappointment, I had him as a starter in 4 at the back before the season. Chris also not good at all.

And Michy lol. Thanks for a goal in Amsterdam.

Just because I have Willian (please leave), Jorginho, Alonso, Tammy, Zouma and Mount in top 10 it does not mean i am happy with them. None of them should be starter next season. Maybe Zouma if he can build nice partnership with new CB.

What do you guys think?

6 minutes ago, whats happening said:

Pulisic hasnt played enough games imo. 

Can hardly pin that on Pulisic when he was out for a while due to injury and even then, does the amount of games even matter?

He has still played 2,299 minutes across all competitions and his impact, despite his injuries, cannot be understated. His league goals and assists, for example, contributed around 15 points, second to only Abraham. He has also arguably been our best player since the restart and that is highlighted by the fact that he has been among the first names, if not the first name, to be in the XI.

Yes, game time should not be a decisive factor.

Kepa played 2000 minutes more than Giroud and it is clear who did better.

And picking Kovacic over Pulisic only because of this especially does not make sense.

PL full season: 3420 minutes

Kovacic played 2074 mins.

Pulisic 1727 mins.

So Kova played just 347 minutes more than Puli. 

Giroud just 999 minutes.

Ok Puli had injury but good question for Frank is why 3 best players this season played just 60%, 50% and 29% of all PL minutes this season?

If you look at Kovacic thread you will see huge periods without any posts. And we usually after every game praise or criticize players on their threads. I think this tell us something. Kovacic is pretty consistent, he quietly does what Frank ask him to do.

But he does not offer anything in the final 3rd. If he did not play we would not miss him like we would Puli or Olie imo.

I think without Puli or Olie we would not get CL.

I am not trying to criticize Kova or anything this is just my reasoning why I have Puli as POTY over him.

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kovacic FTW

been saying it for months, have not changed my mind

Pulisic 2nd

Mount 3rd

Giroud 4th

Willian 5th

Azpi 6th

Tammy 7th

Kante 8th

Reece 9th

Alonso 10th

Barkley 11th

Barkley being Chelsea POTY would be epic.

Azpi. A lot of people had doubts about him and wanted James to take his minutes at the end of last season. Always available. Easily our most consistent performer throughout the season. His leadership qualities were much needed to guide a number of young players integrating the team.

Kovacic. He hardly had any horror shows. A solid 6/10 at the least and a beast 8/10 on occasion. I think his lack of goals, assists shouldn't overrule the fact that it was his dribbling that pushed opponents back in so many games. 

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

Kovacic. He hardly had any horror shows. A solid 6/10 at the least and a beast 8/10 on occasion. I think his lack of goals, assists shouldn't overrule the fact that it was his dribbling that pushed opponents back in so many games. 

Said literally the same thing some days ago and totally agree with your opinion. Kova should be our POTY with mount a close 2nd. 

Player of the Year:  Mateo Kovacic

Young Player of the Year:  Fikayo Tomori 

Most Underrated Player:  Mateo Kovacic

Most Influencial Player:  Christian Pulisic

Most Improved Player:  Cesar Azpilicueta 

Most Impactful Player:  Olivier Giroud

Most Overrated Player:  Hudson - Odoi 

Worst Player of the Year:  Kepa Arrizabalaga 

13 hours ago, milka said:

Player of the Year:  Mateo Kovacic

Young Player of the Year:  Fikayo Tomori 

Most Underrated Player:  Mateo Kovacic

Most Influencial Player:  Christian Pulisic

Most Improved Player:  Cesar Azpilicueta 

Most Impactful Player:  Olivier Giroud

Most Overrated Player:  Hudson - Odoi 

Worst Player of the Year:  Kepa Arrizabalaga 

There are so many things wrong with that list...

On 29/07/2020 at 8:43 AM, Puliiszola said:

Said literally the same thing some days ago and totally agree with your opinion. Kova should be our POTY with mount a close 2nd. 

agree, almost, I just had Pulisic flipped with Mount, but could easily go the other way

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

agree, almost, I just had Pulisic flipped with Mount, but could easily go the other way

Yeah, quite close after Kova.

Regarding Kova, its such a shame. Despite being our best player, I still feel, he can be so much better. Literal beast mode.

I was hoping for real arguments here. Except Pulisic did not play enough minutes I did not see any. And this was taken down when I said Kovacic played just 347 minutes more in PL. 

Pulisic had Hazard influence on us this season.

And some think Mount had better season than Puli? WOW! And he was consistent?

He was missing in October, November, December, January, February. In this 5 months he had three good games max. Against Spurs for example.

POTY has to be someone consistent full season. 

On WAGNH our fans rate our players after every game.

24 times he had 6.0 or less.

6.0, 5.6, 5.9, 5.7, 6.0, 5.9, 5.6, 4.9, 4.8, 5.6, 3.3, 5.6, 5.4, 4.1, 4.3, 5.6, 5.8, 5.9, 5.1, 5.3, 5.6, 5.8, 3.6, 4.9. 

So 24 of his 51 games this season have been 6.0 or less. 47% of games he has been horrible or non existing! And I did not need to see this since this is also my impression when I look back.

Plus 4 more games with 6.0-6.5 rating which is also not great. Now this is 55% of games. 

Even here on Talk Chelsea he was voted just 2 times this season as player of the game. Leicester at home in August and last match against Wolves. Pulisic had 10+ MOTM games this season. 

And while Mount was missing in around half of games this season Pulisic had 6 or 7 max games off. Azpi and Willian have been most consistent players if we consider that they have been regular all season.

So this Mount was great narrative is complete BS. Around 50% of games he was non existing or horrible. 30% solid. And 20% good/ very good.

@Puliiszola so no, he did not need Hakim, Kai or Timo this season to look good because he did not have a good season.