test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

post-match Arsenal - Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   20 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • James
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Anthony Taylor

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

869 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I guess you guys are more romantic than I am. I don't think the modern footballer will take as much from winning or losing an FA Cup as they probably did years ago. People talk about how winning it can be a platform for players/managers/clubs to then go on and do big things. Arsenal have won it how many time recently? It has done fuck all for them.

And yet when new players join us, they talk about the winning mentality the club have, they talk about the club are always challenging and winning trophies etc. If the Premier League and Champions League are the be-all and end-all, am sure they would not have said that and/or would not be so keen to join us considering we do not always challenge for the league title or Champions League every season. The consistent winning culture, fostered by winning domestic cups as well as the Premier League and European trophies, has been one of the main attractions for players over the years. 

The difference between us and Arsenal is that we always have been in a better position than them to make it count and consistently win things, even when we have average seasons etc. And this is all the more relevant now considering what we are building for the future. A win here would give them a big confidence boost.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Maybe it's because I'm not English but I just don't care much about this competition at all. Holds no real special place in my heart. All about the PL and CL and nothing else for me.

I can assure you that this has nothing to do with being English. It is the fact that we are in a proper cup competition and that there is a major (domestic) trophy waiting to be won. Go ask fans on social media and am sure you will see many non-English fans are keen to win the FA Cup as well as the English ones.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

And yet when new players join us, they talk about the winning mentality the club have, they talk about the club are always challenging and winning trophies etc. If the Premier League and Champions League are the be-all and end-all, am sure they would not have said that and/or would not be so keen to join us considering we do not always challenge for the league title or Champions League every season. The consistent winning culture, fostered by winning domestic cups as well as the Premier League and European trophies, has been one of the main attractions for players over the years. 

The difference between us and Arsenal is that we always have been in a better position than them to make it count and consistently win things, even when we have average seasons etc. And this is all the more relevant now considering what we are building for the future. A win here would give them a big confidence boost.

I can assure you that this has nothing to do with being English. It is the fact that we are in a proper cup competition and that there is a major (domestic) trophy waiting to be won. Go ask fans on social media and am sure you will see many non-English fans are keen to win the FA Cup as well as the English ones.

Look, I want to win it, I will be watching and cheering the lads on, I will be happy if we do win it. But I won't lose a second of sleep or be devastated if we lose. That's all I'm saying.

This isn't the late CL final or losing a massive PL match where I'd be depressed for ages afterward. I'll just think "ah, whatever. On to next season."

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Look, I want to win it, I will be watching and cheering the lads on, I will be happy if we do win it. But I won't lose a second of sleep or be devastated if we lose. That's all I'm saying.

This isn't the late CL final or losing a massive PL match where I'd be depressed for ages afterward. I'll just think "ah, whatever. On to next season."

SimplisticCraftyBronco-size_restricted.g

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Am watching the thing and it's kinda cringey... 

Werner is going to sing the German national anthem for his initiation song, lolol

Just now, Vesper said:

Werner is going to sing the German national anthem for his initiation song, lolol

lol Yeah and can't believe the fan asked what was the last thing Werner watched on Netflix when he/she got to ask him ONE question and it's about TV shows!

Vesper likes this

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

lol Yeah and can't believe the fan asked what was the last thing Werner watched on Netflix when he/she got to ask him ONE question and it's about TV shows!

well, the presenters/producers picked out the questions

I am sure they wold not allow something even mildly controversial

Just now, Vesper said:

well, the presenters/producers picked out the questions

I am sure they wold not allow something even mildly controversial

Pick something more interesting and to have them only for like less than 5 minutes is nonsense. A waste of time.

FA Cup final: Chelsea fans criticise Kepa's performance in training ahead of Arsenal clash

https://www.givemesport.com/1587962-fa-cup-final-chelsea-fans-criticise-kepas-performance-in-training-ahead-of-arsenal-clash?autoplay=on

Chelsea are likely going to have the most expensive goalkeeper in the world on the bench for the FA Cup final against Arsenal this afternoon.

It’s been a pretty wretched season for Kepa Arrizabalaga, who the club spent £71.6 million on in the summer of 2018.

The Spaniard played 33 times in the Premier League during this campaign, conceding 47 goals. His save percentage is just 55.4%, putting him 127th out of 132 goalkeepers in Europe’s top seven leagues.

In fact, according to Twitter user @ThumbsUpFlag, Kepa’s save percentage is the worst of all 730 goalkeepers to have played 10 or more appearances in Premier League history.

If that’s not bad enough, he’s conceded 8% of all the goals scored against Chelsea in Premier League history. Meanwhile, of the 47 goals he’s conceded in the league this season, he failed to move for 30% of them.

That’s really not good, is it?

After conceding five against Liverpool in Chelsea’s penultimate Premier League match, he was dropped for their final game against Wolves with Willy Caballero deputising.

And that is likely to be the case at Wembley in the cup final.

At least it will be if Frank Lampard was watching Kepa closely in training.

That’s because his performance left a lot to be desired.

A clip of Christian Pulisic taking shots against Kepa is going viral as the American scored five in a row without Kepa getting anywhere near them.

It didn’t stop there, though.

Kepa later conceded a Ross Barkley shot during a training match through his legs, leaving Ruben Loftus-Cheek visibly frustrated.

Then, a clip of Kepa facing two shots was posted with the goalkeeper failing to move for either of them. Caballero replaces him in the sticks and immediately saves the first one.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

FA Cup final: Chelsea fans criticise Kepa's performance in training ahead of Arsenal clash

https://www.givemesport.com/1587962-fa-cup-final-chelsea-fans-criticise-kepas-performance-in-training-ahead-of-arsenal-clash?autoplay=on

Chelsea are likely going to have the most expensive goalkeeper in the world on the bench for the FA Cup final against Arsenal this afternoon.

It’s been a pretty wretched season for Kepa Arrizabalaga, who the club spent £71.6 million on in the summer of 2018.

The Spaniard played 33 times in the Premier League during this campaign, conceding 47 goals. His save percentage is just 55.4%, putting him 127th out of 132 goalkeepers in Europe’s top seven leagues.

In fact, according to Twitter user @ThumbsUpFlag, Kepa’s save percentage is the worst of all 730 goalkeepers to have played 10 or more appearances in Premier League history.

If that’s not bad enough, he’s conceded 8% of all the goals scored against Chelsea in Premier League history. Meanwhile, of the 47 goals he’s conceded in the league this season, he failed to move for 30% of them.

That’s really not good, is it?

After conceding five against Liverpool in Chelsea’s penultimate Premier League match, he was dropped for their final game against Wolves with Willy Caballero deputising.

And that is likely to be the case at Wembley in the cup final.

At least it will be if Frank Lampard was watching Kepa closely in training.

That’s because his performance left a lot to be desired.

A clip of Christian Pulisic taking shots against Kepa is going viral as the American scored five in a row without Kepa getting anywhere near them.

It didn’t stop there, though.

Kepa later conceded a Ross Barkley shot during a training match through his legs, leaving Ruben Loftus-Cheek visibly frustrated.

Then, a clip of Kepa facing two shots was posted with the goalkeeper failing to move for either of them. Caballero replaces him in the sticks and immediately saves the first one.

That last clip is damning. What's worse is people actually try to give him the benefit of doubt, saying "what would have been the point of moving". I remember someone saying the same for TaA's FK which had bend but was still very savable. Has no sense of judgement this dude.

Vesper likes this

It is Arsenal and Chelsea in a final.

This game means a lot.

It was the last thing I thought of last night and the first thought I had waking this morning.

This game means a lot.

I have been talking smack for days on FB with Arsenal fans and ManU fans that are all of the sudden Arsenal fans.

This game means a lot.

Watched ESPN FC preview show this morning, read Matt Law's article about Frank Lampard's ruthless mentality, have been waiting all day. If we lose I will not shrug it off, I will be livid. Plus I will have to wear an Arsenal FB logo until the start of the season.

THIS GAME MEANS A LOT!!

LETS FUCKING GO!!

Vesper likes this