test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NikkiCFC

Declan Rice

Started by NikkiCFC,

324 posts in this topic

How do we even know Rice is as good a CB as who we currently have?

From what I've sen from him, he's excelled as a DM who sits and protects the back line. We have no one that can do that efficiently. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

Let's imagine we sign him to play CB and for some reason it does not work out, we still end up with a top quality DM.

He's captain material, a Chelsea boy 100%, i really hope the club signs him.  

Rekin, Milan, Puliiszola and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Simon1991 said:

Let's imagine we sign him to play CB and for some reason it does not work out, we still end up with a top quality DM.

He's captain material, a Chelsea boy 100%, i really hope the club signs him.  

This

30 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This

Yes i get it. But that leaves us with another season off leakage in the back line. I would rather buy a top CB to give the back line a boost. If we have money left after that, Sure Rice would be worth a shot

He is better as a DM, our midfield is screaming for a leader and a fighter. Its of course a bonus he can play both positions but for me he is a midfield player.
He'll end up number one dm within one season even if he's forced to play cb lol he has all of the characteristics we are screaming for in dm.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Atomiswave likes this

4 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

PL teams are something else. In which world is £50m a laughable offer?

That boy off sky is a waffler of the highest order. He's as in touch and in the the know as Jim white. Two wallies

Atomiswave likes this

To be honest even if Rice was being brought to play in midfield I think it would still have a significant positive effect on our defence because they've been given little protection most of the season. Cutting a good percentage of attacks off before they really start would help a lot.

I heard something the other day that PSG may make a move for Ronaldo. They look like they are in 'win-now' mode for the Champions League as I don't think they'll keep Mbappe away from Real Madrid for much longer. I just wonder whether we could shop Kante to them for a good fee whilst his stock is still high (i.e. similar money to what Rice would cost).

There will be lots of media and pundits calling us mad for selling Kante and replacing him with Rice but bringing in a young player yet to enter his prime to play in a position that looks natural to him compared to a player who has been decimated by injury the last 12 months and doesn't naturally fit into the system we're trying to play would be a sensible move.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There will be lots of media and pundits calling us mad for selling Kante and replacing him with Rice but bringing in a young player yet to enter his prime to play in a position that looks natural to him compared to a player who has been decimated by injury the last 12 months and doesn't naturally fit into the system we're trying to play would be a sensible move.

I can easily see why this sell Kante narrative is enticing, but i think it would be a mistake to sell him if we really are competing to get back to the top, which it seems is what the club intends to do.

OK he's been injured most of the season, has probably peaked and carries a much higher price tag now than he would in 2-3 years BUT.

- He's been injured this season, but this could be a one off, and he could be fit the next 2/3 seasons at peak level, who knows.

- When fit he's still one of the best midfielders in the world and improves our squad.

- Lampard has shown he wants to be tactically flexible and resort to a 3-4-3 formation, where Kante fits in nicely.

- Chelsea is renowned for not selling their best players. While it makes sense from a financial standpoint, it does not if the club really wants to challenge the likes of pool/city.

- Let's be real for a sec, we all love our wee man, of course we don't want to sell him :wub:

PL teams are something else. In which world is £50m a laughable offer?
That is a fair price for him, but they probably want 70 to 80 million lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Atomiswave likes this

West Ham having money worries reportedly so this tough guy front isn’t fooling anyone.

West Ham having money worries reportedly so this tough guy front isn’t fooling anyone.
They can also sell Antonio, who will also make them some money

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Barkley 30m and Ampadu on loan for a year for Rice would be a good deal for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

Barkley 30m and Ampadu on loan for a year for Rice would be a good deal for everyone.

That’s the problem

No one else rates or wants our dregs either. As  nice a pipe dream as it is, I don’t think we will be able to make any deal that includes some of our washed up players +cash swap vs a player we actually want. 

killer1257 likes this

He played CB a few times last year and looked good at it. They have definitely been training him in the position. It also provides flexibility to change the defensive shape without substituting players in.

10 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He played CB a few times last year and looked good at it. They have definitely been training him in the position. It also provides flexibility to change the defensive shape without substituting players in.

eb7bad80caf7ab1c228b891385806994.png56c0a41d1c3987e988455ab38787645b.pnge1ca04bb17b85d0732fa4e70406e444d.png382609e07658b8b6dc817d89c96d919a.pngf1385b76c797886c46de0ee8db5fecff.png32e3c80a589025f87f84af7d36022be6.pngc5eb775b02a489121ffdbcab111fa51c.pngc64623992c16459e5b0ea03689f0298c.png

@Vesper They're definitely wrong. He played a few games at CB this season. Off the top of my head I remember watching WHU Wolves and he played there next to Diop.