What would be a fair price for him?

Thank you

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

£25-30m

he is 28yo

he turns 29 on November 21

so has around 3 top years left, maybe 4 MAX

wish to hell we had got him 2 years ago

I think swapping out Jorginho in our midfield with Rice while keeping the same CB pairing we have now is a huge upgrade in terms of our defending. That extra security in front of them would make a massive difference. We would no longer be totally exposed in the middle of the park whenever the ball is turned over because Rice can actually move about.

I really think his skill set would be partially wasted as a CB. Partner him in the middle of the pitch with Kante/Kova/Billy as the deepest midfielder and I think our team improves drastically. 

Pulisic-------------------------Werner------------------------Ziyech

--------------------------------Havertz-------------------------------

-------------------Kova/Kante----------Rice--------------------

New LB------------Zouma-------------Rüdiger-------------James

-------------------------------Onana------------------------------

For me this XI has it all. Loads of goals, excellent creativity, plenty of steel in the middle of the pitch, and extremely athletic back 4. We can challenge for the league with that team.

Declan Rice and Mason Mount: Friendship and football | West Ham UnitedDeclan Rice opens up on almost life-long friendship with Mason ...Brothers in arms: Declan Rice and Mason Mount are inseparable pals ...Jamie Cummings and Mason Mount with Declan Rice : chelseafcDeclan Rice could be reunited with pal Mason Mount as Chelsea are ...

MOUNT AND DEC 

Chelsea star Mount’s mum cried when her son’s best friend Declan Rice was dumped by Blues

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4575717/chelsea-star-mounts-mum-cried-when-her-sons-best-friend-declan-rice-was-dumped-by-blues/

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think swapping out Jorginho in our midfield with Rice while keeping the same CB pairing we have now is a huge upgrade in terms of our defending. That extra security in front of them would make a massive difference. We would no longer be totally exposed in the middle of the park whenever the ball is turned over because Rice can actually move about.

I really think his skill set would be partially wasted as a CB. Partner him in the middle of the pitch with Kante/Kova/Billy as the deepest midfielder and I think our team improves drastically. 

Pulisic-------------------------Werner------------------------Ziyech

--------------------------------Havertz-------------------------------

-------------------Kova/Kante----------Rice--------------------

New LB------------Zouma-------------Rüdiger-------------James

-------------------------------Onana------------------------------

For me this XI has it all. Loads of goals, excellent creativity, plenty of steel in the middle of the pitch, and extremely athletic back 4. We can challenge for the league with that team.

Do you trust Rüdiger to be good enough?

3 minutes ago, lucio said:

Do you trust Rüdiger to be good enough?

With an effective defensive screen in front of him and a keeper behind him who can dominate his area I think we'd see the Rüdiger we all liked before this season. He's clearly a good player. Just need him to simplify his game and not play like David Luiz aka a rash, headless chicken. 

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With an effective defensive screen in front of him and a keeper behind him who can dominate his area I think we'd see the Rüdiger we all liked before this season. He's clearly a good player. Just need him to simplify his game and not play like David Luiz aka a rash, headless chicken. 

He needs an experienced/composed partner. Hence why I'm all for Dunk for the time being whilst  Mbuyamba develops as a player. 

Rudiger---Dunk that slowly transitions to Tomori---Mbuyamba would be the best thing forward. 

30 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Love how he said they had to do their own chores, means he's got that old school mentality.. love it. Not many footballers nowadays experience and develop that mentality.

Sorry about derailing the topic.. back to Rice. As an Asian, we love our rice!

nasi goreng amplop :wub:

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

absolutely

for a fair price

he is solid, great in the air, big, not super pacy but is really good postionally, can lead a defence and LOVES Chelsea since he was a wee lad

I have seen him have some absolute MONSTER games over the past few years

Everytime i have ever watched Dunk.. he has really impressed... especially vs us 😑

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rudiger---Dunk that slowly transitions to Tomori---Mbuyamba would be the best thing forward. 

We have not even signed the Dutch player and he is 18... No point in talking of future lines-up with him.

11 hours ago, DDA said:

Everytime i have ever watched Dunk.. he has really impressed... especially vs us 😑

We're not signing Dunk. He's too slow to play in a high line or he would require protection which he will not get. Rudiger and Zouma have to regularly cover for other players.  We're looking for CBs who can defend on their own when they are exposed, as they often are in Lampard's system. Signing Dunk would defy the whole purpose.

How about Connor Gallagher on loan as bait? A bit counter-productive for Connor going from Swansea to hoof-ball West Ham but in the overall scheme of things, if it helps sweeten the Rice deal, then it could be worth it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You