test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NikkiCFC

Declan Rice

Started by NikkiCFC,

282 posts in this topic
26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think swapping out Jorginho in our midfield with Rice while keeping the same CB pairing we have now is a huge upgrade in terms of our defending. That extra security in front of them would make a massive difference. We would no longer be totally exposed in the middle of the park whenever the ball is turned over because Rice can actually move about.

I really think his skill set would be partially wasted as a CB. Partner him in the middle of the pitch with Kante/Kova/Billy as the deepest midfielder and I think our team improves drastically. 

Pulisic-------------------------Werner------------------------Ziyech

--------------------------------Havertz-------------------------------

-------------------Kova/Kante----------Rice--------------------

New LB------------Zouma-------------Rüdiger-------------James

-------------------------------Onana------------------------------

For me this XI has it all. Loads of goals, excellent creativity, plenty of steel in the middle of the pitch, and extremely athletic back 4. We can challenge for the league with that team.

Do you trust Rüdiger to be good enough?

3 minutes ago, lucio said:

Do you trust Rüdiger to be good enough?

With an effective defensive screen in front of him and a keeper behind him who can dominate his area I think we'd see the Rüdiger we all liked before this season. He's clearly a good player. Just need him to simplify his game and not play like David Luiz aka a rash, headless chicken. 

Vesper and lucio like this

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With an effective defensive screen in front of him and a keeper behind him who can dominate his area I think we'd see the Rüdiger we all liked before this season. He's clearly a good player. Just need him to simplify his game and not play like David Luiz aka a rash, headless chicken. 

He needs an experienced/composed partner. Hence why I'm all for Dunk for the time being whilst  Mbuyamba develops as a player. 

Rudiger---Dunk that slowly transitions to Tomori---Mbuyamba would be the best thing forward. 

Vesper likes this

30 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Love how he said they had to do their own chores, means he's got that old school mentality.. love it. Not many footballers nowadays experience and develop that mentality.

Sorry about derailing the topic.. back to Rice. As an Asian, we love our rice!

nasi goreng amplop :wub:

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

absolutely

for a fair price

he is solid, great in the air, big, not super pacy but is really good postionally, can lead a defence and LOVES Chelsea since he was a wee lad

I have seen him have some absolute MONSTER games over the past few years

Everytime i have ever watched Dunk.. he has really impressed... especially vs us 😑

killer1257 likes this

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rudiger---Dunk that slowly transitions to Tomori---Mbuyamba would be the best thing forward. 

We have not even signed the Dutch player and he is 18... No point in talking of future lines-up with him.

11 hours ago, DDA said:

Everytime i have ever watched Dunk.. he has really impressed... especially vs us 😑

We're not signing Dunk. He's too slow to play in a high line or he would require protection which he will not get. Rudiger and Zouma have to regularly cover for other players.  We're looking for CBs who can defend on their own when they are exposed, as they often are in Lampard's system. Signing Dunk would defy the whole purpose.

How about Connor Gallagher on loan as bait? A bit counter-productive for Connor going from Swansea to hoof-ball West Ham but in the overall scheme of things, if it helps sweeten the Rice deal, then it could be worth it.

Vesper likes this

He is, without a doubt, a Chelsea fan. Doubt he would say no if we made a good offer to him and West Ham. I doubt he is the type to force a move though, as West Ham took him in when we threw him away.

On holiday with Puli, Mount, Tammy and Tomori. If its true that FL really wants him its hard seeing him go anywhere else than to us. 

5 minutes ago, Artandur said:

On holiday with Puli, Mount, Tammy and Tomori. If its true that FL really wants him its hard seeing him go anywhere else than to us. 

Is he with Pulisic, Abraham and Tomori as well? Thought they are on a separate vacation. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is he with Pulisic, Abraham and Tomori as well? Thought they are on a separate vacation. 

At least they visited that salt bae guy together

20200811_084757.jpg

20200811_084755.jpg

3 minutes ago, Artandur said:

At least they visited that salt bae guy together

20200811_084757.jpg

20200811_084755.jpg

Oh. Well, they better not do anything silly.