Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

26 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

We wont get DR, Westham will rinse us big time if we go for him and it only hurts that he is Eng, that Eng tax is mighty strong.

Yeah, it is a shame he did not stay with Ireland. If he had, we could've got him for about £35m and paid him in potatoes. 

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

We wont get DR, Westham will rinse us big time if we go for him and it only hurts that he is Eng, that Eng tax is mighty strong.

I so wish those pikey fuckers had went down, which they would have if we had beaten them twice

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I so wish those pikey fuckers had went down, which they would have if we had beaten them twice

Oh mate dont remind us....they also somewhat helped us win the title when they beat spuds in 16-17 but still to gift them 6pts is not ideal.

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Oh mate dont remind us....they also somewhat helped us win the title when they beat spuds in 16-17 but still to gift them 6pts is not ideal.

Rice kicked our arse in both those games too

take him off their squad we would have won

12 minutes ago, Kajo said:

Are we really convinced Rice is the answer for our CB need? The thing is he didn't even play as a CB this season apart from just one game.

But he played there in his youth days? So, it's not like he doesn't have the know-how of how to play in that position. Plus his versatility to play as a CB and DM would be valuable. 

But he played there in his youth days? So, it's not like he doesn't have the know-how of how to play in that position. Plus his versatility to play as a CB and DM would be valuable. 
He was considered not good enough for Chelsea when he was at Chelsea playing CB. Now after he played good as a DM, he should start playing CB?
Would be horrible paying 80 mio Euros for a DM and start playing him as CB. I have read on twitter from West Ham fans that his potential is wasted as CB

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He was considered not good enough for Chelsea when he was at Chelsea playing CB. Now after he played good as a DM, he should start playing CB?
Would be horrible paying 80 mio Euros for a DM and start playing him as CB. I have read on twitter from West Ham fans that his potential is wasted as CB

Letting players go like that doesn't mean much when they are so early in their development. Slightly different scenario but we sold the likes of Salah and De Bruyne because of 1-2 bad performances, only to be proven wrong later.

In any case, am just speculating what Lampard wants to do with Rice. He may well have a good plan to make him a good CB or may end just using him as a DM. 

3 hours ago, Kajo said:

My thinking is if he was such a great CB they wouldn't play him in the midfield especially when they were close to relegation. There's a reason why Ferdinand or Terry never went full season playing as a midfielders.

Moyes did say he considers Rice to be both his best midfielder and best CB, so the position he's been playing could be more of an indicator to the quality of other players they have over at West Ham rather than Rice himself. If they have decent enough CBs but no good alternative for Rice at DM, it's an easy choice to play him in midfield if he's good at both.

I'd like to see how Rice does at a better team before making any judgment on what his best position is. At CB his level is still unknown but as a DM he's already quality and it would be worth having him for midfield alone and if he can develop into a good CB that's only a bonus. As a DM I see some of the same qualities in Rice than Nemanja Matic circa 2014 and he could be a really good sitting DM behind two more attacking-minded central midfielders (let's say Mount and Havertz). 

36 minutes ago, Jype said:

As a DM I see some of the same qualities in Rice than Nemanja Matic circa 2014 and

he could be a really good sitting DM behind two more attacking-minded central midfielders (let's say Mount and Havertz)

he is FAR better on the ball and far more athletic than Matic, but this above is dead spot on

put Ginter and Dunk behind him, and Predrag at keeper (or Onana, or, etc etc etc)

and we will allow 15 to 20 less (at least) league goals

he is FAR better on the ball and far more athletic than Matic, but this above is dead spot on
put Ginter and Dunk behind him, and Predrag at keeper (or Onana, or, etc etc etc)
and we will allow 15 to 20 less (at least) league goals

You rate Dunk?

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You rate Dunk?

absolutely

for a fair price

he is solid, great in the air, big, not super pacy but is really good postionally, can lead a defence and LOVES Chelsea since he was a wee lad

I have seen him have some absolute MONSTER games over the past few years

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You rate Dunk?

You didn't ask me, but if it was up to me Dunk would be the nr 1 CB target this summer. He will not set the world on fire but is actually a very good player. We could do with an experienced player rather than buying potential that might go in either direction. 

absolutely
for a fair price
he is solid, great in the air, big, not super pacy but is really good postionally, can lead a defence and LOVES Chelsea since he was a wee lad
I have seen him have some absolute MONSTER games over the past few years

What would be a fair price for him?

Thank you

You didn't ask me, but if it was up to me Dunk would be the nr 1 CB target this summer. He will not set the world on fire but is actually a very good player. We could do with an experienced player rather than buying potential that might go in either direction. 
I also like the fact that we should go for a little bit more of an experienced guy right now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You