Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

17 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Been really good tonight so far. Definitely a place for him here.

I wasn't too sure about Rice but after watching him consistently for the last 5-6 games I am starting to become more and more convinced that he would be a good buy for us. Problem is actually getting hold of him. I reckon it will require Rice putting in a transfer request and Moyes still having a boner for Barkley. 

Was just thinking this yesterday, having Rice in the starting XI would give us the flexibility of switching from a back 3 to a back 4 and vice versa in matches. He can drop deeper to go with the other 2 CBs and make it a 3 or play slightly further up as a DM screening the back 4. 
Exactly. And it doesn't have to be instructions shouted from the sideline to all change from a 433 to a 343. It can happen during, when circumstances call for it by players intelligent enough to know how to handle the game.

So he'll need to new cbs alongside lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Was just thinking this yesterday, having Rice in the starting XI would give us the flexibility of switching from a back 3 to a back 4 and vice versa in matches. He can drop deeper to go with the other 2 CBs and make it a 3 or play slightly further up as a DM screening the back 4. 

Depends. If we start him as DM with two number 8s him moving to CB would leave as with no players able to play double pivot in MF.

The problem with signing Rice is that it is pretty complicated. For me, with Harvetz coming in, we already need to get shot of Barkley (which should be possible), however when you get to Rice it means Jorgi. However, with Jorgi is he a very specific sort of player and would require a move back to Italy. However, in Italy the funds are not really there except for Juve (who do not really need him) and Inter (he is not a Conte type player.) 

Then we get to the issue that WHU do not need/want to sell and he had 4 years left. For that reason, I am not sure it will be possible this Summer. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Most possession orientated teams do this anyway when playing 433 or 4231 anyway. The deepest midfielder sits infront and the fullbacks push on. They drop in if they lose possession. I tend to remember Mikel doing it here. And Romeu. When Ramires played in MF with Mikel in a 4231 and we had possession he would push further up and it would be more of a 4123/433 whatever. Or 343 when we were really pushing the fullbacks up. All of Pep’s team have done this since Barcelona.

On 7/21/2020 at 1:25 PM, Vesper said:

Tonali only wants to go to one club, Inter, and I will be shocked if ends up costing half of Rice, I expect Brescia to extract a lot of cash for Sandro. They are saying €50m at a bare minimum.

https://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/calciomercato/2020/07/18-71889002/inter_avanti_per_tonali_ed_emerson/

https://www.football-italia.net/156603/report-inter-and-brescia-agree-tonali

Report: Inter and Brescia agree on Tonali

Corriere di Brescia claims the two clubs have agreed on an expensive loan deal with an obligation to buy the player for a total amount of €35m in 2021.

Are you shocked? Rice will be at least 65m pounds so half the price.

This English players tax has to stop and come back to reality.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

https://www.football-italia.net/156603/report-inter-and-brescia-agree-tonali

Report: Inter and Brescia agree on Tonali

Corriere di Brescia claims the two clubs have agreed on an expensive loan deal with an obligation to buy the player for a total amount of €35m in 2021.

Are you shocked? Rice will be at least 65m pounds so half the price.

This English players tax has to stop and come back to reality.

What is the loan cost? That has to be figured in. Your article says it is an expensive loan. You cannot just take the obligated buy fee from next year and claim that as the total price.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

What is the loan cost? That has to be figured in. Your article says it is an expensive loan. You cannot just take the obligated buy fee from next year and claim that as the total price.

5m.

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

5m.

actually I am shocked

as the loan fee is €10m and the buy fee next year is only €25m

€35m is the total cost, £32m

https://sempreinter.com/2020/07/31/inter-closing-in-on-signing-of-brescias-sandro-tonali-player-will-be-in-milan-on-monday/

that whole thing stinks 

so often there are hyper dodgy low-ball priced deal between Italian teams for Italian players

it is literally the opposite of the EPL, where English teams RAPE each other over English players

it makes zero sense for Brescia to sell their best young academy-developed player of the past multiple decades for such a low price

other than they got relegated so I have to assume that played a large part

but it still faces up as highly suspicious

especially as Cellino was saying this last fall....

Man City, PSG and Atleti interested in Tonali, says Brescia owner Cellino

https://www.fotmob.com/news/1tizhtgrf0fwo1x0x7kgyvjk4d-man-city,-psg-and-atleti-interested-in-tonali,-says-brescia-owner-cellino

Brescia owner Massimo Cellino says it would take an offer of €300million for the club to part with prized asset Sandro Tonali.

Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid are among a host of major clubs interested in signing Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali, according to the club's owner and president Massimo Cellino.

Tonali, 19, is one of Italy's brightest prospects, having broken into Brescia's first-team picture at the age of 17.

A technically gifted deep-lying playmaker who is often likened to Azzurri great Andrea Pirlo, Tonali made his first appearance for Italy in the Euro 2020 qualifying win over Liechtenstein on October 15.

He played 34 league games last season as Brescia were crowned Serie B champions and earned promotion back to the top flight, with many expecting the midfielder to be snapped up by a bigger club.

Brescia have managed to hold onto him, though, with Cellino suggesting it would take an eye-watering €300million for the club to part with him.

Asked by La Gazzetta dello Sport who was interested in Tonali, Cellino said: "All the big Italian clubs. Abroad there's Atletico Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City, but in my view, he'd be better off remaining a key player with Brescia.

"His agent and his parents were telling me about this €50million evaluation. I replied that for me he is worth €300million, which means I don't want to sell.

"I have a dream. If Sandro accepts, I am ready to make a big financial sacrifice to extend his contract. It's up to him to decide. He can stay here and enjoy his football or go to a big club and risk being left on the bench."

3 minutes ago, Liuxas said:

I have a feeling that mafia and corruption still involved in Italian football. There no sense to sell Tonali for such low price. 

Tbh I think Italian prices are more realistic than English. Tonali 35m, Barella 37m... This should be the price for Chilwell and Rice in normal world.

Tbh I think Italian prices are more realistic than English. Tonali 35m, Barella 37m... This should be the price for Chilwell and Rice in normal world.
The good thing is that we also have some English players and I am pretty sure Mount is worth 70 million Euros too [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You