Mikel John Obi

Badboy

That can't be difficult, i mean, Mikel is our worst player. We are the Champions. Practically any player must want an opportunity in this squad.

And is not like Obi accepts his position, he actually wants more time in the pitch.

The quotes from the "source" said that as it stands he won't be leaving. And the quotes from the president of the club said we want 15 mil for him. Then in some random place they wrote mikel is part of mou's plans this season. Looks to me like they just made up the part that "Jose blocks the move".

Looks to me that if we put a 15 mil price on him, we are more than willing to sell...

Or we gave Fener a number we knew would scare them off because we don't want to sell. BBC don't usually 'make up' stuff...

It makes complete sense that we block a Mikel exit, I predicted it before there we even exit rumors. Jose trusts Mikel a lot and he sees him as an experienced player who gives a lot of stability as a backup. He's a reliable option whenever needed.

To rephrase Jose: "We don't have duplicates in any of the positions, our squad is not built that way, but defensive midfielder is a position we are very stable in because the differences between Matic and Mikel are very small."

Is this guy actually ever that good or is he just a body in a bus parking tactic late in certain games? I would be interested if someone can post usual statistic like average tackle per mins/games, heat maps...etc because I think his reputation as the go to guy is not deserved, most of the time he comes on we see games out because we are good defensively not because of him.

£15m is a lot of money for a back up, especially if we can use it to sign that Chilean midfielder who is a better player imo as seen from WC and Copa this summer but neither are good enough to be playing regularly for us.

Is this guy actually ever that good or is he just a body in a bus parking tactic late in certain games? I would be interested if someone can post usual statistic like average tackle per mins/games, heat maps...etc because I think his reputation as the go to guy is not deserved, most of the time he comes on we see games out because we are good defensively not because of him.

£15m is a lot of money for a back up, especially if we can use it to sign that Chilean midfielder who is a better player imo as seen from WC and Copa this summer but neither are good enough to be playing regularly for us.

Aranguiz isn't a like for like replacement.

havent actually seen anything worthwhile believing on whether he is staying or not.

Even the BBC sport article which seems to be the main source of his move being blocked and wont be sold is hypocritical by suggesting that a transfer has been blocked then a paragraph or so later suggest that Chelsea have a put minimum price tag on his head

I don't see the problem in that he continue. Good squad player, doesn't give problems if he don't play. We should to understand, that we have the better player of the world in the DM position, and also, he is a heart of the team, and in normal conditions, He will play the 90% of the matches, so you can't bring a TOP player for play only the other 10%. Is not money profitable, and also, the player don't will accept. And is for that, that Mou likes Mikel, is a player that is enough for this another 10% and also don't say a word o have a bad attitude if should be on the bench the big part of the season.

I just dont understand how people are content to keep a lad that doesnt always do the job which we pay him a lot of money to do.

He is basically paid to shut the game out when Mou gets shakey when we are leading by a goal. We have seen that this does not always work. So thats either Mous tactics or the players on the pitch not doing their jobs.

Im not a JOM hater hes had some good games with us. BUT I do think that IF we are truly serious and commited to doing summet in Europ as well as a CONTINUOUS threat in the PL we need to start cutting some of the ones we should be upgrading.

We arent going to be able to sell him easy. Its not his transfer fee its supposedly his £5mill wage and because its not going to be a top club looking at him they cant afford his wages.

He's worth as much as what someone is willing to pay him and offer for him. Right now, that is less than his current valuation (current wages/status).

Agree with someone who wrote that the top clubs won't come for him, which means he will prob retire at chelsea - the smaller sides will have trouble matching his wages. Esp considering he's a DM after all.

I'd not be as displeased by relying on a poor player like Mikel if we had a large squad with a lot of options, because right now I know that whenever mikel plays, there are certainly things that will NOT happen: forget about goals and assists, he cannot even hit long balls which is pretty sad for a DM.

How can we give a chance to youngsters when we have 28yo backup players who offer as little as mikel does?