Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Yes the guys cheap and I'll put my hands up and say hes had some good games but I'd upgrade him in a minute if we could.

And I find that weird. You would think that a player thats got well over 300 appearances would be adored by us all but theres never been that sort of relationship with him.

We have used him when we have had that 1 goal advantage, brought him on to 'close the game out' but theres been times eg like Citeh and Utd away, that its totally backfired with them both scoring at the end.

With the style of play we have had lately he doesnt really fit. We do have a good balance MF with Cescy/Matic and with Oscar dropping back at times has helped alot. But hes no help at all going forwards. At least Rami is a dynamo full of energy and running.

We need to try to sell him and put the money into a good BtoB player. make our MF perfic.

Yes the guys cheap and I'll put my hands up and say hes had some good games but I'd upgrade him in a minute if we could.

And I find that weird. You would think that a player thats got well over 300 appearances would be adored by us all but theres never been that sort of relationship with him.

We have used him when we have had that 1 goal advantage, brought him on to 'close the game out' but theres been times eg like Citeh and Utd away, that its totally backfired with them both scoring at the end.

With the style of play we have had lately he doesnt really fit. We do have a good balance MF with Cescy/Matic and with Oscar dropping back at times has helped alot. But hes no help at all going forwards. At least Rami is a dynamo full of energy and running.

We need to try to sell him and put the money into a good BtoB player. make our MF perfic.

I agree. If closing out a game then Zouma can do that, and RLC can start coming in if we need more steel in midfield, and he's simply not good enough as a pure backup to Matic. We might as well play a CB (see: Zouma\ in front of the CBs if Matic is out/rested over Mikel, although that's not the most desirable of alternatives.

For me, personally, Mikel is only below JT, Zola, Cech and Drogba and on par with the likes of Ash, and Lampard. I don't own many original Chelsea shirts but I have the 2012/13 blue and gold shirt with Mikel on the back to commemorate his performance in the CL final.

You putting him on par with Lamps might just say more about you than the many among us who wouldn't mind if Mikel was with us or not devilish-grin_zpstvjjqigc.gif

You putting him on par with Lamps might just say more about you than the many among us who wouldn't mind if Mikel was with us or not devilish-grin_zpstvjjqigc.gif

To be fair to Frank, yeah he did lie to all Chelsea fans and put on a huge play, and yeah he did always put his best interest ahead of the club's and the supporters' unlike Mikel who (till now) has always been loyal to the club and fans, but Frank did play A HUGE part in a lot of our success so yeah, I'd still put him on par with Mikel. Call me a glory hunter for it if you want...

That says more about our own supporters thank Mikel, tbh. We're talking about a guy who's helped us win literally everything, from EPLs to FA cups to league cups to a CL and an EL. Since he's arrived here he's played in every cup final except the EL final in 2013 and the League Cup final this season which he was not available for.

For me, personally, Mikel is only below JT, Zola, Cech and Drogba and on par with the likes of Ash, and Lampard. I don't own many original Chelsea shirts but I have the 2012/13 blue and gold shirt with Mikel on the back to commemorate his performance in the CL final.

interesting point on the finance as many here care so much about Roman's money - point taken. I don't (care about wages and the like), but I know some here do and that's why i mentioned his wages.

I'd be very content in offering one of the many DMs who are far superior to Mikel 100k+ for a rotation role. The clubs who win the CL do have expensive players sitting on the bench. And they don't have a player as simple and pedantic on the ball as Mikel is.

On a personal note, I just don't enjoy watching him play. One of the most boring players I've ever seen play the game. :)

On a more serious note, isn't it a bit delusional to expect to compete in CL without the spending of our opponents?

To be fair to Frank, yeah he did lie to all Chelsea fans and put on a huge play, and yeah he did always put his best interest ahead of the club's and the supporters' unlike Mikel who (till now) has always been loyal to the club and fans, but Frank did play A HUGE part in a lot of our success so yeah, I'd still put him on par with Mikel. Call me a glory hunter for it if you want...

He wasnt that loyal to us at the time he joined us. I remember that court case that went on in Norway wasn't it? All that palava with him holding that shirt up and United saying they signed him and we had paid for his education and talk about being forced by mafia types. Then in court it came out Mikel was crying on the day he signed with us because he had his heart set on Utd.

As for Lamps well I really still dont know what the whole crack is. Mou said he was offered along with Cole the same contract as JT was.

The story says both, is how I understood it.

The quotes from the "source" said that as it stands he won't be leaving. And the quotes from the president of the club said we want 15 mil for him. Then in some random place they wrote mikel is part of mou's plans this season. Looks to me like they just made up the part that "Jose blocks the move".

Looks to me that if we put a 15 mil price on him, we are more than willing to sell...