test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

Mikel John Obi

Started by Fulham Broadway,

6,485 posts in this topic

Phew!!! So finally Mikel moves out ... not sure if I should be happy or emotional, got really mixed emotions right now specially after reading the letter that he published. 

Anyways, all the best to his career and hope he does really well for himself in China ... Thanks for everything, Mikel!!! 

Did we get loads of Chinese dollar for him , me love him long time if we did lol. Its been emotional Mikel...

Happy to hear of the move, from both John Obe's perspective and Chelsea's.

Although a lot of fans have criticised his performances over the years; I always found him to be a rather steady rock in the centre of midfield and always loyal to the club. Hopefully he will thrive at his new club, particularly as he will likely be the star man (perhaps something similar to Nigeria where he has shown a different side to his game than that shown at Chelsea) and hopefully we received a decent fee for his signature.

Despiadado.Maleante likes this

Hmm. From his point of view it is completely understandable to move on, he won everything and in the last years of his career he will make cash money for himself and his family. I liked him first and foremost for his loyal attitude, it wasn't always easy for him as he got offended by the fans many times. He even played out of his position his whole career to help Chelsea, so he deserves a recognition for that.

We lost a great guy and a decent squad player.

the wes likes this

Not my favourite chelsea player but thanks for playing a part in chelsea history and best of luck Mikel in the future 

3 hours ago, mccg said:

Did we get loads of Chinese dollar for him , me love him long time if we did lol. Its been emotional Mikel...

I think it was a free transfer 

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

I think it was a free transfer 

Yeah I know it was going to be to Milan.

There will be a few things I remember about John Obiwan. The 1st goal he scored. that sideways bicycle kick, after 185 appearances, that canon from outside the area against Maccesfield, everyone going nuts after the equalizer against PSG and just simply putting his foot out and taking the ball off Rooney when he was almost clear to score.
Ive never really disliked the lad and hes served us the best he could, we just needed more from him.
A very classy guy that never whined or bitched for not getting playing time. Good luck to the geezer.

Wow that's something to finally see this thread in the ex players section. 

Wish him all the best. I will never forget his game in that cl final. 

3 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

Good luck to him! Anyone knows when Mikel's statue will be in front of SB?

That's gonna be at Emenalo's house not SB, mate ... 

Another one from that Munich night gone. But I can fully understand that he wants to play more, he was not getting it here anymore. Only the very best of luck to you!

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!