Mikel John Obi

Badboy

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/shakhtar-signs-gremios-fernando-133600671--sow.html

Brazil-international who has started several times for Brazil (only 21) sold for 11m.

BTW, reaction time and pace are IMO the most important attributes for the role of someone who has to provide cover.

You can't really bring someone who's had half a good season and is probably being hyped because of his young age and a few good performances to replace Mikel who has been playing at the top for a long time and probably is one of our most consistent players. If we want to experiment in that position and give it to someone young in the hope he becomes world-class in the future, we have our own hyped up youngsters in the shape of Romeu and Chalobah.

BTW: I think the most important thing for someone who wants to provide cover are tactical awareness and more importantly discipline.

Half of the members of TC will kill themselves when he leaves. Such a shame that he has turned out so rubbish. For about a year I was convinced he was world class, easily one of the best DMs in the world. But nope, he went and got worse...and worse and worse. I don't know why, either. Change in tactics? Managers? Or maybe he just stopped caring?

Now I have to track you down and murder you.

Just kidding. Haha when you first said you were afraid to give an opinion on Mikel I thought you were going to say he's a good player.

Why are people ignoring this? It's nowhere near done.

Colin Udoh ‏@ColinUdoh

Just got a call from Mikel re Galatasaray. Says he is aware of the interest, but has not agreed anything yet: 'Nothing like that.'

My take from that Mikel convo is that if Chelsea and Gala agree, he will not be averse to a move if the money is right

When I spoke to Shittu (Mikel's manager) last week, he told me its up to Chelsea. But only if Gala stumped up some stupid money

You can't really bring someone who's had half a good season and is probably being hyped because of his young age and a few good performances to replace Mikel who has been playing at the top for a long time and probably is one of our most consistent players. If we want to experiment in that position and give it to someone young in the hope he becomes world-class in the future, we have our own hyped up youngsters in the shape of Romeu and Chalobah.

BTW: I think the most important thing for someone who wants to provide cover are tactical awareness and more importantly discipline.

When you bring up Mikel's performances in the AFCON (not really important to me), I feel entitled to also bring many other players/options into discussion. This guy is in his second season as a starter for Gremio (Brazil Serie A). He's extremely consistent, being chosen MOTM several times. He has recently become a sure call up for brazil and has started a few games against top teams. He's extremely quick recovering which makes him very difficult to beat.

IMO he'd be less of a bet than Mikel is at this point; I guess we disagree here.

Let's also disagree on the requirements of the role too, because for me knowing he has to cover here and/or there does not mean he *can* do it. That player must posses the quickness to move into the areas where he is needed and do so in time.

His lack of pace is not even the biggest problem I have with his game, though it is probably the cause of it: he's a one trick pony. Holding mids like Mikel are obsolete. The top sides do not employ pure defensive players in the midfield and there is a reason for that.

This place is becoming so rude, it's almost funny. People aren't 'ignoring' a new quote about Mikel to suit an agenda or anything like that. The quote simply hadn't been posted on here yet and thus no one was aware of it. People on here don't scavenge Twitter day and night and comment on new quotes 2 minutes after they were posted. If something new has come out, sure, post it and discuss it or claim fame for being the first to share the news, but to berate others for not commenting on it yet is stupid.

Regardless, the new quote can be interporated 5 or more different ways so it shouldn't be said "this proves the Mikel move is nowhere near complete/real" or anything like that.

This place is becoming so rude, it's almost funny. People aren't 'ignoring' a new quote about Mikel to suit an agenda or anything like that. The quote simply hadn't been posted on here yet and thus no one was aware of it. People on here don't scavenge Twitter day and night and comment on new quotes 2 minutes after they were posted. If something new has come out, sure, post it and discuss it or claim fame for being the first to share the news, but to berate others for not commenting on it yet is stupid.

Regardless, the new quote can be interporated 5 or more different ways so it shouldn't be said "this proves the Mikel move is nowhere near complete/real" or anything like that.

That quote in Skipper's post was already posted just over 4 hours ago...

nobody is that stupid to pay for Mikel, let alone 20 mil

Here is hoping !!! I think Jose will let him go for less just to get him off of the payroll ,whoever gave him a 5 year deal needs shooting (sacking) for a total lack of football knowledge. 20 million would be very nice though .

Once again, this Mikel moving to gala stuff is completely baseless. Just a bunch of Nigerian/African papers/editors making up stuff to big up their player.

Come next year, he will still be here.

He will eventually become like Malouda, asked to find a new club, gets no satisfactory offers and then relegated to reserves and made to train with the youth squads. <You heard it here first>