test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Leicester 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Caballero
      1
    • James
      0
    • Rudiger
      1
    • Zouma
      0
    • Emerson
      0
    • Kante
      0
    • Gilmour
      0
    • Mount
      0
    • Willian
      0
    • Pulisic
      6
    • Abraham
      0
    • Barkley (sub)
      3
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
      0
    • Kovacic (sub)
      7
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
      0
    • Pedro (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

365 posts in this topic

Leicester 0-1 Chelsea
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS


Mason-Mount-Chelsea-news-Premier-League-

2019/20 FA Cup Quarter-Final
28th June, Sunday 2020
King Power Stadium
16:00 Kick Off (UK time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how much rotation we will have...

Zouma, Emerson, Billy, Jorginho, RLC, Tammy could all start.

I hope CHO is ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotate the whole team if necessary and make sure the best players are ready and fit for West Ham.

I couldn't care less about winning an FA Cup in an empty Wembley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Need to strike the balance between resting players and keeping them sharp for the run-in.
I would go like this
------------------Kepa------------
RJ-----Zouma-----Tomori--Emerson
----------------Jorginho---------------
------------Gilmour-----Kovacic-------
Pedro-----------Tammy---------CHO
 
We have an advantage over Leicester in having a way deeper squad. They will surely rest players amidst their poor restart form.
Dont know about CHO's injury though.

Tammy has to start as does pedro, billy and James.

I reckon the cbs should be given a run though. No switching constantly between 4 cbs .

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SUNZ said:

I couldn't care less about winning an FA Cup in an empty Wembley.

I can't deny that an FA Cup Final in an empty stadium would further diminish a trophy that is already much diminished from its glory days. Nevertheless, I love The Cup so much that I can never agree with this way of looking at things. Indeed, if I was the owner, it would be in my manager's contract that fielding a weakened team in The FA Cup, and losing, might cost him his job.

I hope, and expect, that Frank will pick a team to win the match, not one to protect players for the following game.

Johnnyeye and Supermonkey92 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I can't deny that an FA Cup Final in an empty stadium would further diminish a trophy that is already much diminished from its glory days. Nevertheless, I love The Cup so much that I can never agree with this way of looking at things. Indeed, if I was the owner, it would be in my manager's contract that fielding a weakened team in The FA Cup, and losing, might cost him his job.

I hope, and expect, that Frank will pick a team to win the match, not one to protect players for the following game.

With clubs already suffering massive losses in revenue, getting a CL place is far more important than the FA Cup this season. Maybe in a normal season I would agree however this is certainly not a normal season.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SUNZ said:

With clubs already suffering massive losses in revenue, getting a CL place is far more important than the FA Cup this season. Maybe in a normal season I would agree however this is certainly not a normal season.

CL is always vital come what may. I want to win the FA Cup. For me, that means pick the best side you can. It'll be interesting to see what it means for Frank.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Need to strike the balance between resting players and keeping them sharp for the run-in.

I would go like this

------------------Kepa------------

RJ-----Zouma-----Tomori--Emerson

----------------Jorginho---------------

------------Gilmour-----Kovacic-------

Pedro-----------Tammy---------CHO

 

We have an advantage over Leicester in having a way deeper squad. They will surely rest players amidst their poor restart form.

You seem to leave Pulisic off as a starter often even when he is lighting it up. He makes our offense a lot more dynamic. 

I look forward to a strong finish to the season and next year

Ziyech---Werner---Pulisic

Honestly, CHO has not shown anything after his injury except terrible off pitch decisions.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

You seem to leave Pulisic off as a starter often even when he is lighting it up. He makes our offense a lot more dynamic. 

I look forward to a strong finish to the season and next year

Ziyech---Werner---Pulisic

Honestly, CHO has not shown anything after his injury except terrible off pitch decisions.

Actually not. I would rest Pulisic to protect him due to his injury record. In a regular game he is my first name on the scoresheet. FA cup is not as important as getting top 4 so we should aim at winning this competition without threatening our league chances. With the squad we have that is perfectly possible. CHO needs to get some match practice there is still lots to come from him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree about rotation. We really need to do it. It is tough with such a condensed season and ManU having a really easy finish to this year.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Isnt there a period where we play 3 games in 5 days?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
 

We will basically be playing every 3-4 days between now and the end of the season. So, rotation and protecting players (not just Pulisic!) from any injury is gonna be important over the next month or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jason said:

We will basically be playing every 3-4 days between now and the end of the season. So, rotation and protecting players (not just Pulisic!) from any injury is gonna be important over the next month or so. 

Although we're still a level below our title winning sides in regards to first Xl we're a level above them in terms of depth. Our Xl that didn't start against City could probably compete for Europe.

Imagine if we went into this schedule with Conte's squad especially!

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Need to strike the balance between resting players and keeping them sharp for the run-in.

I would go like this

------------------Kepa------------

RJ-----Zouma-----Tomori--Emerson

----------------Jorginho---------------

------------Gilmour-----Kovacic-------

Pedro-----------Tammy---------CHO

 

We have an advantage over Leicester in having a way deeper squad. They will surely rest players amidst their poor restart form.

You said we need to have balance between resting and keeping them sharp and you made 10 changes except GK :lol:

But it is almost the same quality I do not see much difference except in defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

You said we need to have balance between resting and keeping them sharp and you made 10 changes except GK :lol:

Yup I think we should bring a few starters for westham in as subs dependent on how the game turns but we need to get the players who have not featured yet up to speed for them to be a viable alternative in the run in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With games coming every 3/4 days we need to be pragmatic and rest a lot of the main boys for this one and also use it to get minutes into the legs of others. Whilst, I love a cup win, CL is far too important this season and with how tight things are (and the run ins for Utd and Wolves) we cannot afford any injuries to our key players. 

As a result, my team would be as follows: 

                               Kepa

James.    Zouma.   Tomori/AC.  Emerson

                            Gilmour

         Barkley.                     RLC 

Pedro.               Tammy.          CHO/Mount

killer1257 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going to have to keep 4-5 players steady for the first few games and then slowly rotate through once everyone is match sharp.

 

Theres no way we'll get consistent results if we swap 9 players every match. But if were are throwing away the cup we may as well use it to build fitness for the test of the squad. From west ham onwards we should be changing 4-5 at a time MAX.

 

It's been 3 months of no football. We've essentially played two matches in a preseason. We should have 1 or 2 matches left before the fatigue really accumulates.

 

Kepa

 

James christensen Rudiger emerson

 

Jorginho

 

Gilmour kovacic

 

Pedro abraham CHO if fit/RLC

 

Keeps centre of the defence the same. Builds some momentum and familiarity. Worst thing is to start wholesale swapping defences. Gives alonso and azpi a rest. For half of our remaining games (at least!) We should boss the possession so the CB's wont be building too much fatigue anyway.

 

Time to start rotating our midfield which is STACKED.

 

 

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ManU taken to extra time by Norwich. That is going to add a lot more minutes to players out there. 

killer1257 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.