• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Kante to Lampard is what Rooney was to LVG.

I thought players playing on reputation was the one thing I thought we'd never have to worry about under Frank given how vocal he was against Sven doing it, but clearly not!

Wait, what's the problem with Kante?

He is finally healthy and is easily one of our best players.

Let me get this right, you think he SHOULDN'T play? 

Just now, SUNZ said:

Wait, what's the problem with Kante?

He is finally healthy and is easily one of our best players.

Let me get this right, you think he SHOULDN'T play? 

Im going to save this post and I will reply back to it after the match. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Im going to save this post and I will reply back to it after the match. 

Why? We're playing arguably the best team in Europe.

If Kante / Chelsea as a whole perform badly what are you going to say? I told you so?

Jorginho is one of the most overrated players. This guy can barely defend, Kante in the middle is much better. As for Barkley yes Kova is technically better, but Barkley played pretty good last game when he came on.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Kante played really well last game and his energy is 100% needed in this game. 

I agree for this one just not in DM.

This is what happened the last time he played there in a big game, look at how Ozil wiped in out around 1:23 which started the move to a third goal and left our defense exposed, and this was playing a system that suits him.

City will bait him into vacating his position to press and it will be carnage.

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

People are forgetting Kante was playing out of position for the last two years. Last game against Aston Villa, he finally played in his true role and excelled.

Kante's been a sitting DM in two different circumstances since coming to England.

Once was for France in Euro16, he was dropped.

The other was his first few games for us, it went so well Conte overhauled the entire system.

1 minute ago, Azul said:

Jorginho is one of the most overrated players. This guy can barely defend, Kante in the middle is much better. As for Barkley yes Kova is technically better, but Barkley played pretty good last game when he came on.

For me Jorginho is one of our best players. He and Kova are our only players that do not need a lot of space and he has great vision and makes the unexpected passes to the attack. Barkley and Mount both need a lot space, which today that they won't have. 

Just now, Tomo said:

I agree for this one just not in DM.

This is what happened the last time he played there in a big game, look at how Ozil wiped in out around 1:23 which started the move to a third goal and left our defense exposed, and this was playing a system that suits him.

City will bait him into vacating his position to press and it will be carnage.

This is literally what Jorginho does EVERY SINGLE GAME and leaves the defence exposed multiple times a game. Seriously, I cannot believe what I'm reading.

Man City do this to him every game. Unlike Kante, he has zero recovery speed.

I really can't believe what I'm reading. Did you guys watch the Bayern? It was a masterclass from Jorginho in leaving your space and leaving gaps behind. It's the only thing he is actually world class at.

Just now, SUNZ said:

This is literally what Jorginho does EVERY SINGLE GAME and leaves the defence exposed multiple times a game. Seriously, I cannot believe what I'm reading.

Man City do this to him every game. Unlike Kante, he has zero recovery speed.

I really can't believe what I'm reading. Did you guys watch the Bayern? It was a masterclass from Jorginho in leaving your space and leaving gaps behind. It's the only thing he is actually world class at.

I think the point is having a midfield with both Kante and Jorginho. Kovacic included as he is a combination