Coronaviral

Vesper

53 minutes ago, chippy said:

we need the governments of the worlds major countries to get together and tell the Chinese government to put an end to it

No chance. They'll just show videos of our slaughterhouses, pigs and sheep being kicked to death 

49 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I'm spraying Detol on everything in a tin, box or packet.

Still get the odd cnut in supermarkets who make zero attempt to keep anykind of distance. Grrrr!!!!

Had to pop into a local garage today and got chatting to the cashier. Asked where he got his face mask and told him I'm waiting for some I've bought online. He not only gave me a spare one, but also told me the garage has packages of food they will give to vulnerable people in need and told me to ask if I know someone who needs help. 

When this is all over, I hope some of this kind of spirit lives on in all of us.

7 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I think close family members who have the right characteristics (young, healthy with no underlying health conditions etc) and so will most probable get through Corona like it's a standard flu, should be there for loved ones on their death bed. Obviously this can be abused with unnecessary amounts of people coming into contact, but its immoral for not one close family member to be there at someones passing. It's a matter of prudence

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no, it is killing many outside the 'old and/or underlying conditions' vectors

not at as high a rate as the traditional at-risk groups but still, deffo not worth a dice roll

7 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I saw Majid Nawaz tweet a video of someone cooking a LIVE dog on a griddle. Cant say he was Chinese (though Nawaz may have mentioned where it was) but certainly far east. That shit is fucking barbaric

I self deleted it is too fucking sick to post in here, sorry
the fuckers are barbarous

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

No chance. They'll just show videos of our slaughterhouses, pigs and sheep being kicked to death 

That's extremely rare and in no way compares to the openly public,  off the scale cruelty happening in China.

Thanks to public pressure and successive governments, we have been amongst the most progressive countries in the world when it comes to animal welfare, conditions for livestock and slaughterhouse practices and as we know, we're now in the process of taking  even further measures with the banning of the transportation of live animals.

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:
I self deleted it is too fucking sick to post in here, sorry
the fuckers are barbarous

I knew animal rights were not something China cared about, but i was genuinely shocked and outraged by what I've seen and heard this week.

But, it has to be said there are still lots of other countries who need to do more to get up to speed with decent rights and treatment for animals,, but none more so than China!

8 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The tweet was even more fucked up than that story. 

They love to cook animals alive as the neurochemicals and hormones released via a massive surge during the ultraviolent, torturous death process makes the meat more appealing to their customer's taste palates.

Many parts of the pan-Asian food culture are tremendously sick.

44 minutes ago, chippy said:

That's extremely rare and in no way compares to the openly public,  off the scale cruelty happening in China.

Thanks to public pressure and successive governments, we have been amongst the most progressive countries in the world when it comes to animal welfare, conditions for livestock and slaughterhouse practices and as we know, we're now in the process of taking  even further measures with the banning of the transportation of live animals.

We don't know its rare. Worked with a bloke who worked in a slaughterhouse. Complete nutter. There was a trough about three foot deep of pigs blood he used to dive in, he and his mates kicked pigs to death, and stamped on chickens, He thought it was laugh. There was demo outside the slaughterhouse by animal rights people, he and his mates threw offal and blood at them. He used to go out at night tooled up, finally done a stretch for stabbing three people down Lambeth. 

no, it is killing many outside the 'old and/or underlying conditions' vectors
not at as high a rate as the traditional at-risk groups but still, deffo not worth a dice roll
Putting aside the circumstances which put people in the at risk group, how likely are people to die from Corona then?

If my grandmother is lying in a hospital bed at death's door and in order to visit her I have to put my hand in a jar a pick one marble out of 100, with 3 of those 100 marbles poisonous, I would consider those odds insufficient to stay away from being there with her.

Obviously in this case, it's more like picking a contagious marble that can affect other people. But then it's a question of caution. What would be the chance of other people catching it from me? I could self isolate after visiting the hospital. I could take private transport home. I could do a number of things to mitigate the chance others get it from me.

It's not fool proof, but life is a game of probabilities. I cant help but think that theres a virtuous medium between having a gung-ho careless attitude to the pandemic and an overly timid approach where we give up some of the most important things in life. I see comforting and supporting dying loved ones as one those vital virtues.

53 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Highly probable China is covering up the real statistics. Two shipments of 5000 urns to one funeral home seems to tell a different story...….

I don't believe Chinese numbers either. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

great article

Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘Hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus

https://www.newsweek.com/virginia-pastor-dies-coronavirus-after-previously-saying-media-pumping-out-fear-about-pandemic-1494702

Virginia pastor who said coronavirus was 'mass hysteria' dies of ...

A Virginia man who downplayed the seriousness of the coronavirus as merely the media "pumping out fear" has died after contracting the virus.

Landon Spradlin, 66, a pastor and traveling musician, died on Wednesday, March 25, at a hospital in North Carolina after testing positive for COVID-19.

As first reported by Patch, nearly two weeks before his death Spradlin shared a meme on his Facebook page suggesting the media "can manipulate your life."

The post compared the "mass hysteria" surrounding the number of deaths from the coronavirus in the U.S. while Donald Trump has been president compared to the deaths from H1N1 under Barack Obama's administration.

In the comments section underneath the March 13 post, Spradlin wrote that while he knows COVID-19 is real, the "real issue" is "the media is pumping out fear and doing more harm than good.

"It will come and it will go," he added.

Facebook has since flagged the post as displaying "partly false information" after being reviewed by independent fact-checkers.

snip

Friendly Atheist reports Spradlin went to New Orleans to “wash it from its Sin and debauchery.”