test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Bayern Munich 4-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • James
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

489 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, King Kante said:

To be fair, he Zouma and James had played him offside. It was Emerson two yards behind the line that allowed him through. A few times this year, I have noticed AC step up to play offside but then have some other idiot completely in the wrong place to play someone onside (normally one of the LB's or his CB partner. 

Oh yes. Emerson went to sleep on that one too. So thats 3 goals which could have been avoided by a decent LB, but obviously (according to a few geniuses on here), it's a whole "systematic failure" and lampards' fault:ph34r::ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

54 goals in a league season is not down to individual failures

Did Klopp or pep change their systems from their first seasons? Or did better defenders which suited their system make the team better?

Muzchap likes this

Not sure why people are unhappy with our performance in this game. It is as expected. I said we have massive advantage because bayern long layoff and no crowd but that only work if we are good but we are not. 

Not sure why people are complaining about out season. It is quite fun. Young academy player coming in and contributing which is good. We are playing a more entertaining football than last season which is always plus. And result wise we got to top 4 and fa cup final. 

MetsajCFC and Muzchap like this

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

the Gilmour game where we dominated and beat the dippers

That everton game was brilliant, we were absolutely scintillating going forward and we conceded very little. 

Vesper likes this

54 goals in a league season is not down to individual failures
Of course it is. Stick Ryan bertrand and John stones in suddenly we're on track.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Oh no. We got top4 in a season no one expected us to be in top 8, so let's sack our manager. 

Why? Because we conceded few extra goals by changing the whole structure of the club, giving youth who will be inconsistent. 

Yes yes, let's sack them all or be arm chair critics and assholes about it. 😂😂😂

Let's critisize and be entitled, despjte not even doing the one thing that we can - support.😂😂

MetsajCFC and Muzchap like this

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Summer 2019 "I'll be happy with top half aslong as academy players are playing".

Summer 2020 after a top 4 finish largely thanks to academy players "they're overrated".

I sometimes wish united had done the same with rashford. "Overrated" , "not good enough", "Woodward's son" 

killer1257, Tomo and kellzfresh like this

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-believes-liverpool-will-win-the-title-in-the-next-four-years-and-describes-himself-as-a6687446.html%3famp

The current best manager of the current best team on the planet. 

He wanted 4 years, but we have judged our manager and players, who widely had a successful season as not good enough, after just one. 

GG guys, GG

killer1257 and Muzchap like this

2 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-believes-liverpool-will-win-the-title-in-the-next-four-years-and-describes-himself-as-a6687446.html%3famp

The current best manager of the current best team on the planet. 

He wanted 4 years, but we have judged our manager and players, who widely had a successful season as not good enough, after just one. 

GG guys, GG

Reminder that Klopp actually managed for years in Dortmund (with trophies prior) before coming to Liverpool. You knew that? Then stop comparing. I'm tired of people covering up excuses and pointing to something else irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Reminder that Klopp actually managed for years in Dortmund (with trophies prior) before coming to Liverpool. You knew that? Then stop comparing. I'm tired of people covering up excuses and pointing to something else irrelevant.

So did Conte, was he able to build a dynasty?

United took Jose and van gaal with the same mentality, were they successful?

In 2008 when pep took over Barcelona, how much experience did he have? What all had he won as a manager, care to list it down. 

It's no where near to irrelevant. It's to show that things take time, even for the best of them, understand?

Rome was not built in a day, neither was Liverpool's or barca's or any of the best teams in the world. We have a squad of mismatch players. We have Conte players, we have sarri players. People say half our squad is shit, yet we got top4 when no one expected it. Think what FL could do with the likes of werner, ziyech, kai, rice, a half decent gk and a half decent LB.

Also, don't need to cover anything up. Pretty aware of our issues. On the other hand, a lot of people need to get some perspective. 

Muzchap likes this

14 hours ago, Jason said:

What does that have to do with being a team looking fresher? 

Wrong quote sorry

Reading these last few pages, I honestly feel I have stepped into RAWK or something. Do we need to improve as a team defensively? Yes. Does SFL need to make some adjustments? Yes. Does SFL deserve to be sacked? No. 

Honestly, what were people actually expecting from this season? My expectation was 6th and maybe a semi finalist in one of the domestic cups. CL has been about par. For me, SFL has exceeded expectations. 

Also, lets look at the team. For around three years prior to this, our team was essentially pass of Hazard and hope he does some magic. Where we defensively better? Yes. However, that was due to Hazard taking on all the responsibility by himself. 

Then lets look at the players. In the back line Dave is the only one were you can say he would certainly play for another top 4 team. James is a good prospect that would also play as a rotation option. Alonso in a LWB position would also play but would be primarily a LB2. After that the rest are questionable. The problem however, seems to be some people built these players up (I have ever rated any of them bar AC (who I think is just overawed by the physical challenge in the PL.) The rest are at best squad filler and in Kepa's and Emerson's case, they do not deserve to be here. 

In CM, you then have problems with the make up rather than the quality per se. Jorgi requires a very specific system, Kante doesn't really fit SFL's system, RLC is always injured and Barkley isn't good enough. 

AM - CHO and Puli hit with injuries, Willian being Willian, Pedro on his last legs. 

CF - Tammy not good enough yet (maybe never will be). Batsh*t, no understanding of the offside trap (proven under multiple managers). Giroud, limited but effective. To be fair, shouldn't have been frozen out. 

For me, the only real questionable things SFL has done is freeze Giroud out and sell Luiz (who was our best CB.) 

killer1257, Puliiszola and Muzchap like this

2 hours ago, Mana said:

If it's all about what they've done before, why didn't we just reappoint Jose or even stick by him when 15/16 happened?

Milan and Puliiszola like this

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

If it's all about what they've done before, why didn't we just reappoint Jose or even stick by him when 15/16 happened?

We already reappointed Jose.

It’s not all about what they’ve done before, it’s about thinking SFL is the next Klopp. There is no evidence to support that in the next 4 years, Lampard will become Klopp. Because Lamps story is already different than Klopp’s. It’s faith at this point. You have to believe. And right now, I don’t.

I do believe however Lamps has taken a step forward in attacking areas. But will the whole picture be enough. Will he improve his defensive tactics after being stubborn about it all season.