• Mount
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • James (sub)

I am living in Belgium, here like in France it is lock-down until a least Easter and as from today. Difficult to imagine that England will escape. Wouldn't that be the case, with the PL abandoned, would Chelsea be qualified for the CL next season as we are now 4th? Any thoughts? Thank you!

Just now, BXL70 said:

I am living in Belgium, here like in France it is lock-down until a least Easter and as from today. Difficult to imagine that England will escape. Wouldn't that be the case, with the PL abandoned, would Chelsea be qualified for the CL next season as we are now 4th? Any thoughts? Thank you!

Highly doubt it will be cancelled. Most likely they will push it out even further if situation worsens. 

If season is voided as it stands, then nothing counts. They will use last seasons standings. Interesting to see if Arsenal would get a CL spot over City if that happens, and City is unsuccessful in their CAS appeal.

If season continues really late, not sure what is going to happen with players who are out of contract in June (looking at our front 3 including Willian)

Thank you. "Last seasons standings", this is also the view of Aulas, the very influential (in France) chairman of Lyon football club.

If some other players/managers got infected, this season is definitely void. 

4 hours ago, BXL70 said:

It's all speculation right now.

It'll all depend on what comes out of the leagues' meeting with UEFA on Tuesday and the Premier League meeting on Thursday. 

Some reports are already suggesting that the Euro 2020 could be postponed or even cancelled. If that happens, then we could be finishing the season in the summer. 

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's all speculation right now.

It'll all depend on what comes out of the leagues' meeting with UEFA on Tuesday and the Premier League meeting on Thursday. 

Some reports are already suggesting that the Euro 2020 could be postponed or even cancelled. If that happens, then we could be finishing the season in the summer. 

That seems more the likely event. Think be so hard to deem it void as then you have to sort out who finishes in Europe and all that.

I cant see it coming back in 2 weeks. Not if it starts to spread among squads. Just hard for lower teams who lose such a load of revenue

Speculation? Likely event I would say. PL is already on hold and we are at the very beginning of the pandemic if I read correctly the statements from Macron, Conte, Merkel with dozens of millions to be infected in the coming months. Hope they are wrong. But I do not believe they are all idiots. Even Trump, who denied for long, has now declared state of emergency.

6 hours ago, BXL70 said:

Thank you. "Last seasons standings", this is also the view of Aulas, the very influential (in France) chairman of Lyon football club.

LOL. Of course he is saying this because Lyon is 7th right now.

On 19/03/2020 at 2:06 PM, Jason said:

way too early to assume that by June it will be safe and sound

we are headed into uncharted (at least since 1917-18) waters

I think the whole thing gets voided out

(stats too perhaps, I would have to think, which is shit for the players, Cavani and Mertens will go bonkers more than most, as they might lose their 200 PSG goals, and top club scorer statuses, respectively)

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.3.2020 at 3:11 PM, Vesper said:

way too early to assume that by June it will be safe and sound

we are headed into uncharted (at least since 1917-18) waters

I think the whole thing gets voided out

(stats too perhaps, I would have to think, which is shit for the players, Cavani and Mertens will go bonkers more than most, as they might lose their 200 PSG goals, and top club scorer statuses, respectively)

I can’t imagine it being voided even though  I would not mind as we would profit from it. The leagues would Lose so much tv money. I think the season will just Be played behind closed doors and on a higher frequency of games.

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I can’t imagine it being voided even though  I would not mind as we would profit from it. The leagues would Lose so much tv money. I think the season will just Be played behind closed doors and on a higher frequency of games.

• 4 weeks later...