test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chelsea blue

1998 Cup Winners Cup

Started by chelsea blue,

Oh man, what a night I had then, I was underage at the time (Living in Fulham), The barkeep let anyone in, no matter what age, I got so pissed, Me and around 120 others in the pub the whole night getting the drinks in watching repeats, and celebrating... Didn't enjoy the next day though. :P

The only British team to have won more than one Cup Winners Cup blue%20scalf.gif

Should have won it in 1999 as well, think Lazio went on to win it with Sven.

was an epic couple of days in Stockholm..certainly better than my last trip to Sweden (the Euro `92 where the "highlights" of the trip, was off the field) ...in the days when an English team could beat a Joachim Low led German outfit and we beat the evil mincer that is Thomas Berthold..revenge for italia `90 of a sort.

hazy days and crazy nights...shame the ground wasn`t the biggest (about 28,000-30,000) but there was a lot of Chelsea out there...Zola scoring just after coming off the bench..Dubs and Granville as our two young english defenders..weren`t quite JT and Ash were there? haha..but back then i really used to think Duberry was gonna be the top English CB of his Era..he had some blinding games in his early days before injuries and then inconsistency began to creep in ..did score in a famous win at Old Trafford tho... awww memories of the way we were...:drunk:

was an epic couple of days in Stockholm..certainly better than my last trip to Sweden (the Euro `92 where the "highlights" of the trip, was off the field) ...in the days when an English team could beat a Joachim Low led German outfit and we beat the evil mincer that is Thomas Berthold..revenge for italia `90 of a sort.

hazy days and crazy nights...shame the ground wasn`t the biggest (about 28,000-30,000) but there was a lot of Chelsea out there...Zola scoring just after coming off the bench..Dubs and Granville as our two young english defenders..weren`t quite JT and Ash were there? haha..but back then i really used to think Duberry was gonna be the top English CB of his Era..he had some blinding games in his early days before injuries and then inconsistency began to creep in ..did score in a famous win at Old Trafford tho... awww memories of the way we were...:drunk:

The ground actually holds 35 000. It's just round the corner from where I live and I've been there at least 20 times. Was only seven when Chelsea played there though and couldn't go because of that. Oh how I would have loved it if the game had taken place today when I'm older. Chelsea playing in my home town with thousands of fans on the streets and in the pubs in Stockholm. What a dream!

The first Chelsea game i every watched. I was only 5 at the time and can remember my dad had a few mates round. I got really into the game and can remember the roar when Zola scored. They all went crazy. Obviously being 5 and the first football match i watched i didn't really know what was going on. lol! But ever since that night, i have been hooked to Chelsea and everything about them. :)