test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Alonso
    • Gilmour
    • Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Mount (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • James (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

317 posts in this topic
32 minutes ago, Milan said:

2 big dreams destroyed within days!

Liverpool won't be invincibles. And they certainly won't win the big treble.

Piss off scouse bastards!

they might  walk with only 3 out of a possible 7 trophies

Super Cup (grrrr we fucking had that, would have been our second, and first under Roman regime, we are shit in that damn game year after year, lolol)

FWCC (the only still-played trophy we do not have, fucking Corinthians, grrrrrrrrrrr)

EPL (but not unbeaten, thank fuck)

hopefully Atleti knock them out of CL

they lost all three English cups

Performance was good and the result was good.

Has raised some questions though, Kepas performance tonight as well as the fact Frank actually used a natural RB and natural leftsider in the back 4 makes me wonder what the fuck he has been thinking the last god knows how long? More so the fullbacks when using a back 4 than Kepa, perhaps dropping him was necessary, although you still could argue that it was too long.

Need to build on this though. No more fucking stupid results v smaller teams either.

I'd love to see a similar team on Sunday obviously injury dependent. But get reece in there, keep Billy in and let's roll.

Get everyone fit and we've got a lot of competition for the midfield. Just need someone to finish all the chances and get better at the back

Muzchap likes this

Let's hope we sont fuck around with CBS anymore. Worst place to mess with. Rudiger and zouma let's just stick with them.

May as well keep Alonso in for my stress levels and his free kicks.

Huge gilmour time in jorginhos ban.

Hope and pray pulisic, CHO and RLC are back in 2-3 weeks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Muzchap and Vesper like this

Just now, Jason said:

FOR FUCKING SAKE!

Well it's called that for a reason - known weakpoint on all humans.

Probably the boots they are wearing- like slippers now

Fulham Broadway likes this

By the way, our progress to the FA Cup Quarter-Final means our league game against Man City on March 21 (Saturday) will be postponed. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

By the way, our progress to the FA Cup Quarter-Final means our league game against Man City on March 21 (Saturday) will be postponed. 

The QF draw will be made after Wednesday night's games. 

26 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Well it's called that for a reason - known weakpoint on all humans.

Probably the boots they are wearing- like slippers now

Good point about the modern feather light boots, they really do offer so little protection. Gimme proper pair of Copa Mundials over this crap they are now wearing any day

Muzchap likes this

37 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

All those doubters 👍

I shouldn't have doubted..never seen us lose to Liverpool when gone to the Bridge. Glad this continues today!

Muzchap likes this

Calm down. We won and it was a strong performance, but Pool played with 50% of their starting 11, they were nowhere at their very best.

22 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Calm down. We won and it was a strong performance, but Pool played with 50% of their starting 11, they were nowhere at their very best.

I would usually agree but we were similarly depleted with a number of players missing, and two more coming off injured.

I thought, alongside Ajax away, it was probably the most complete performance we've shown all season as we created a lot of chances, but also looked defensively solid particularly in the second half when you'd have expected Liverpool to kick on.

Slightly off topic but available on BBC iPlayer at the moment is the full game of Chelsea vs Liverpool in the FA Cup fourth round in 97.

Anyone who is able to watch it, I'd fully recommend. The 2012 Champions League final aside, it's probably my favourite all time Chelsea game and the one game I can still remember as clear as day watching with my dad as a 10 year old.

The football we played in the second half of that game was something else.

Tomo and Fulham Broadway like this