• Kovacic
    • Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Barkley
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

on a positive side (our home form aside)

we only have 2 more away games (unless we advance in the CL)

where we will not be the favourite

be88d929f5835c19157a6139692d481c.pngd6e95025fe83fbc8b68e68d617bd8609.png

the only other problematic away one is

fa691e175f8c3fe60bad30e72afda856.png

so at least there is that

now we just have to sort out our home form

as we have thsi game, Victimpool (FA Cup), Shitty, and Wolves (last game in the league) as really tough matches

Going to be a tough game. For me we simply have to go 343 and pick the same side as we did yesterday with the only possible exception being Willian for Barkley. I personally also do not want to see either a) the return of Kepa or b, Tammy starting. It may be harsh on Tammy but Giroud has much better hold up play and he is missing too many chances at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Going to be a tough game. For me we simply have to go 343 and pick the same side as we did yesterday with the only possible exception being Willian for Barkley. I personally also do not want to see either a) the return of Kepa or b, Tammy starting. It may be harsh on Tammy but Giroud has much better hold up play and he is missing too many chances at the moment. 

I disagree. I think this is the game where Kepa has to return. Caballero's decision making is very suspect. It is a disaster waiting to happen I think.  The team won vs Spurs but his decision to rush out when Bergwijn was through and his positioning for the own goal were both shaky in a game where Spurs had few chances. In the game vs Bayern, the keeper will surely be busier  

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

on a positive side (our home form aside)

we only have 2 more away games (unless we advance in the CL)

where we will not be the favourite

be88d929f5835c19157a6139692d481c.pngd6e95025fe83fbc8b68e68d617bd8609.png

the only other problematic away one is

fa691e175f8c3fe60bad30e72afda856.png

so at least there is that

now we just have to sort out our home form

as we have thsi game, Victimpool (FA Cup), Shitty, and Wolves (last game in the league) as really tough matches

Pretty sure the mighty Bournemouth are the favorites against us next weekend. :ph34r:

Christensen will likely play but it will be a mistake I reckon. Lewandowski is as physical as they come and we all know Christensen is a pussy cat against these types of strikers. 

What I would play. 

Kepa

Dave-----Rudiger---Tomori

James------------------------------Alonso

Jorginho---Kovacic

Mount-------------------Willian

Giroud 

26 minutes ago, Milan said:

Christensen was really good on loan in Germany. So it might suit him on Tuesday. Heck, he was scoring some goals there, maybe he will even open his goal account at Chels.

Dont think thats exactly the most promising thing to use, he could go and play good again ir go and have an absolute horrorshow. Lewandowski is in great form as well.

Kepa Arrizabalaga will know his Chelsea fate by the Bayern kickoff

https://theprideoflondon.com/2020/02/23/kepa-arrizabalaga-will-know-chelsea-fate-bayern-kickoff/

Willy Caballero has started over Kepa Arrizabalaga for several games now. If it happens again for Bayern Munich, his Chelsea future is all but laid out.

The Sword of Damocles basically means the imminent threat over someone in a position of power. Kepa Arrizabalaga had been looking up at his as it got closer and closer all season before finally coming down.

Willy Caballero has started the last four matches with three in a row being Premier League matches. Even Arrizabalaga’s punishment last year was not that long (just one match). In fact, the last season Caballero started three Premier League games in one season was Antonio Conte’s last. The last time he started three in a row? His last year at Manchester City as Pep Guardiola flipped flopped between keepers.

snip

22 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I gave Every Bayern fan (so about 50% of all Germans)  so much stick in that glorious night In Munich we better fuckin win this. 
not optimistic tho. They are known to bottle big matches but they are just so much better than us individually in about every position on the field that I just can’t see us getting anything better than a lucky draw here. I just hope it won’t be embarrassing . 

To play devils advocate Liverpool and City are even better than Bayern and we matched both and were extremely unlucky to come away with nothing. Infact apart from the United games and Ajax at home we've probably been the better side in every big game this season.

Over 180 minutes their individual quality will probably prove too much (that or our shit finishing will see to us) but I can't see this tie being a humiliation, certainly not at Stamford Bridge, we will give it a good go.

Goretzka out is huge. They lose a physical presence, goal threat and organizer in midfield. Tolisso and Thiago have not harmonized that good in midfield so far. They have pace and quick feet all over the place but they lack strength and height, if they field the same XI like vs Paderborn which I think is probable bar maybe Müller for Coutinho they will not have an outfield player above 6ft which might give us a slight advantage on set pieces. Also Giroud will be vital. He should be able to secure tons of balls with Alaba and Kimmich playing CB. The other possibility is that they roll out Boateng to match Giroud's power but he is a a bit of a liability. I wish we would have Pulisic and RLC for this game cos they would cut right thorugh that midfield. I fear we are gonna see Barkley again after his ok performance on the weekend. but it will be risky going for an almost pace-less line-up vs such a fleet-footed side so I am leaning towards Willian over Barks.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

To play devils advocate Liverpool and City are even better than Bayern and we matched both and were extremely unlucky to come away with nothing. Infact apart from the United games and Ajax at home we've probably been the better side in every big game this season.

Over 180 minutes their individual quality will probably prove too much (that or our shit finishing will see to us) but I can't see this tie being a humiliation, certainly not at Stamford Bridge, we will give it a good go.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

giphy.gif