test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-3 Bayern Munich

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • James
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Kovacic
    • Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Barkley
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

581 posts in this topic

Chelsea 0-3 Bayern Munich
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Mason-Mount-Chelsea-news-Premier-League-

2019/20 Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg
25th February, Tuesday, 2020
Stamford Bridge
20:00 Kick Off (UK time)

They seem to be really clicking right now. I hope it is 1-0, so perhaps we can get our shit together and be better in the second match.

I wonder will that Bayern fan on our forum appear again? :D He did not post here since CHO to Bayern saga but I noticed he logs in every day :blink:

killer1257 likes this

3 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

My boys going to be a mascot for this game :yay:

Nice one mate. How do you get your boy to be a mascot? I would love to get mine involved!

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Nice one mate. How do you get your boy to be a mascot? I would love to get mine involved!

For Champions League games it's a lot easier, they have 22 spots rather than the 2 they have at Premier League games. I just applied through here: https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/consumers/offers-promotions/uefa/priceless-mascots.html

DDA likes this

It's crucial for us to go into this match with a feeling that we are equal opponent. Bayern doesn't look special at all. Our boys need to give 100% and press them as much as possible. 

Of course three at the back is the way to go for this one. 

Same as today. I think Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, James, Kovacic and Jorginho are for sure starters. I feel like Frank will continue with Caballero and Giroud. So only question is who will be our wingers. Probably Willian and Mount but Barkley, CHO and Pedro are also good options. 

Going to Munich with a chance is our goal for this match. 

killer1257 likes this

Not even gonna sweat this...

3-0 to us, Tammy hatrick - seeing as he's been fucking monging about lately...

Bayern have a mental block against us - that glorious night we won in their backyard - oh how I shouted and screamed and honestly didnt realise it was non-alcoholic beer 🤣🤣🤣

I would go 3atb again but it's crucial that even if it works Lampard learns his lesson from the Wolves then Valencia/Spurs then Southampton situations and doesn't stick to it at Bournemouth.

It's a horses for courses formation.

I can't confidently predict a result given how bad our finishing is but I feel we will fare better then people think.

No expectations whatsoever. I will be happy if the players give us fans and the Bridge something to cheer about on a proper Champions League night again. And then focus solely on finishing in the top 4.

Laylabelle likes this

I'd go with a similar line up to today and try to attack them. If we are to have the slightest hope in progressing, we need a positive result at home.

They will give us chances (hopefully Neuer goes on walkies again).

I gave Every Bayern fan (so about 50% of all Germans)  so much stick in that glorious night In Munich we better fuckin win this. 
not optimistic tho. They are known to bottle big matches but they are just so much better than us individually in about every position on the field that I just can’t see us getting anything better than a lucky draw here. I just hope it won’t be embarrassing . 

Bosnian Blue and Muzchap like this

Contrary to what a lot of people are saying online, thinking Bayern will easily go through, I believe this tie will be very close. We are not a bad team and have made a series of good performances against big teams this season. Being clinical in front of goal and avoiding stupid mistakes at the back, that will be the key. In the middle of the park we've got more quality than they do.

Tomo, Muzchap, Bosnian Blue and 1 other like this

Lets hope we dont tire out, we gave alot vs spurs. Just be solid and resolute, play high tempo and they will crack.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Being clinical in front of goal and avoiding stupid mistakes at the back, that will be the key.

Well, that is 1000x easier said than done with us. 

!Hazard! and Vesper like this