• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Because 4 wins in 14 games in a normal season would say you miles off top 4. Not sitting just about in top 4..
4 wins..3 draws and 7 losses.
So lucky in that sense that no one has put a decent run together otherwise we wouldnt be there. Or anywhere near there. Though lose Saturday and others dont then we wont be. 
But you could say that about all the teams. Spurs and united early on had runs worse than that. Arsenal too have had worse runs.

It's just the way it is apparently for teams not called Liverpool City or Leicester

Massive overreaction again on here.
Yes, it hurts to lose to Utd.
But, we knew this was the season ahead of us and yet you are all acting surprised? 
It's been a steady decline over the past 5 seasons. 
One summer window won't make up for that, so I guess you need to mentally prepare yourself for a few more bumpy years.
It's easy to be a supporter when times are good, not so easy when things are poor. I remember worse Chelsea teams and performances.
Frank is doing a decent job - it's not his fault he was selected and it will hurt him as much as anyone to keep losing.
If we had a half decent striker - we would feel better about things. When Bats got through on goal I knew he would never score. 
When it was Didier, Eidur or Jimmy - I was always surprised when they missed... 
Long road ahead - chill out and buckle in [emoji106]

Wouldn't expect anything less.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

But you could say that about all the teams. Spurs and united early on had runs worse than that. Arsenal too have had worse runs.

It's just the way it is apparently for teams not called Liverpool City or Leicester

That's the lucky thing. All been shite together. If was just us being poor things be different. 

We need to start doing something. Practise set piece defence maybe?! 

Didnt expect to win today but still annoying to do what we keep doing. Chance ish..miss..chance ish..miss and so forth.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

His comment on social media about being 'Happy with his next move' suggests that it is as good as a done deal. 

I understand the finality of things but I'd be astounded if he isn't a Chelsea player next season.

Sillier things have happened...black and white proof needed. 

33 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

This is what pissed me off about after the Arsenal game. How the performance was good cause Arsenal only had 2 shots..which they scored from!! I'd rather have 2 shots and score then a dozen and nothing 

Completely agree. I'd much rather be clinical! 

The stats though game after game would suggest we should be winning most of these games and we're not. I know stats aren't the be all and end all of things and a game isn't decided on stats but they are still a very useful indicator to identify trends, strengths, weaknesses, etc. The lack of goals we're scoring from the amount of shots we're having and chances created, and the goals we're conceding from a small number of shots on target is alarming.

A clinical striker and a top centre back and/or keeper and we'd almost certainly have at least another 10-12 points on the board. 

Too much of a lack of ability and character at both ends of the pitch is really letting us down this season.

Just now, Jason said:

Sillier things have happened...black and white proof needed. 

True but I think when it's this far down the road with both clubs confirming it, managers and players openly talking about it, etc it's pretty remote that deals like these usually don't happen.

If it wasn't as close to done as it appears, surely other clubs would have come in the last week.

Pathetic Performance and I just hope we can make it to Europa Cup. Cannot see us finishing top 4 or 5 (Man City?)

My assesment:

Caballero 5/10 - Just as bad as Kepa if not worse. Perhaps a better keeper could have saved one of the two goals

Reece James 7/10 - Great Performance our ray of hope for next year

Rudiger 5/10 - OK to be squad player next year. We need a high profile Central defender next season.

Christensen .5/10 - Was OK but to be blamed for first goal/ Again we can keep as squad player next year

Azpilicueta 7/10 - Played well. Great player and gives his best, love his spirit

Jorginho - 6/10 OK but I feel he does not fit our system

Kovacic .6/10- Great performance but no end result

Mount - 8/10 By far our best player today. He is our future , nest season will be his breakout year

Willian -5/10 Get rid of this man ASAP, one out of 5 good games is not good enough for chelsea.

Pedro -2/10 Ran around like a head less chicken today. Hope today was his last game

Bats . 3/10 Please do not use him again this year, does not deserve to be prefered over Giroud. 

Giroud - 6/10 much better that Bats

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

True but I think when it's this far down the road with both clubs confirming it, managers and players openly talking about it, etc it's pretty remote that deals like these usually don't happen.

If it wasn't as close to done as it appears, surely other clubs would have come in the last week.

I. AM. JUST. SAYING. 

Two of the officials are from Manchester, we have a bloke who scored one of the goals should of been sent off and a goal we scored a player of there's pushes ours first and it gets over turned.

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Completely agree. I'd much rather be clinical! 

The stats though game after game would suggest we should be winning most of these games and we're not. I know stats aren't the be all and end all of things and a game isn't decided on stats but they are still a very useful indicator to identify trends, strengths, weaknesses, etc. The lack of goals we're scoring from the amount of shots we're having and chances created, and the goals we're conceding from a small number of shots on target is alarming.

A clinical striker and a top centre back and/or keeper and we'd almost certainly have at least another 10-12 points on the board. 

Too much of a lack of ability and character at both ends of the pitch is really letting us down this season.

Yeah a lot of the games where we've dropped points or lost we've had more the ball..more shots and yet pointless.

30 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

But, we knew this was the season ahead of us and yet you are all acting surprised? 

One summer window won't make up for that, so I guess you need to mentally prepare yourself for a few more bumpy years.

It's easy to be a supporter when times are good, not so easy when things are poor. I remember worse Chelsea teams and performances.

Frank is doing a decent job - it's not his fault he was selected and it will hurt him as much as anyone to keep losing.

If we had a half decent striker - we would feel better about things. When Bats got through on goal I knew he would never score. 

Long road ahead - chill out and buckle in 👍

*Actually probably 6 seasons - if you count some of the crazy transfers and shite signings, we lost our way big time.

Let's hope we have turned a corner this summer.

8-1 aggregate against the worst United side in the PL era. 

The reactions are justified 

49 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Long road ahead - chill out and buckle in 👍

*Actually probably 6 seasons - if you count some of the crazy transfers and shite signings, we lost our way big time.

Let's hope we have turned a corner this summer.

Years ago,  we had real quality players with great character right thru the spine of the team and when things started to wrong, we were always just a change of manager away from competing for the title again. That is not the case any more!

We're now a million miles away from challenging for title and the squad needs a massive overhaul. Lots of time, money and patience is going to be needed to get back to challenging. Frank is making mistakes and has a lot to learn but it would be stupid to give him the boot when he hasn't even signed any players yet. 

We need to show real support and back the manager more than ever. If, in 12- 18 months there's zero sign of improvement,  then it might be time to change the manager.