test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Emerson
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

490 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, Pizy said:

Emerson is pretty much in the exact same boat as Alonso now. Keep him in the final third and he's dangerous and a weapon. Puts in dangerous crosses in open play and his delivery from corners was great.

But he has been totally shit defensively. The one area I always thought he was better than Marcos at. But nope.

I'd sell both.

You think more of Emerson than I do but surely, as soon as there is an opportunity, we'll upgrade at left back.

And the whole they only had 2 shots blah. Both were goals. Surely better to have less shots and score then 19 and not.

That’s was a bad display yesterday, at times we were border line pathetic. In fact Arsenal played better with 10 men than us with 11 … they should be really proud of that display.

We were a confused bunch (atleast that’s what it seems from outside) … we didn’t possession football, we didn’t play tiki-taka, no old school physical game, passing was mediocre at times, creativity was nil, counter attack – not seen, crossing from the flank – hardly. When in control, all we did was try to build up play, criss – cross, move behind, lose ball … build up play, criss – cross, move behind, lose ball … when not in control, headless chickens. Tammy had little to no service throughout the game, it just doesn’t make sense, Odoi looks good sometimes and then he like :doh:, Willian has gone back to himself, Jorginio is just not able to put the balls in the channels, Kepa is so unreliable :(.  We didn’t have penetration, we didn’t run in between lines, no creativity. And why didn’t we break play when Tammay was down, break momentum and help your fellow player get medical attention. It was so dumb!!!

I felt we should have got Pedro instead of Barkley … he is atleast direct and runs in between lines. Could have helped us bring some chaos in Arsenal’s backline.

Yes Lampard is already doing the unthinkable this season but it pains when we lose out of winning positions just because we are not doing the basis right. That is a major flaw for a team!! We could have done the double but we screwed up big time, loss of another 2 points!!!

Muzchap likes this

I do think Lampard needs to go back to experience while we are in this rut - can the likes of Oli and Pedro really be any worse than what CHO/Mount and Tammy are producing at present?

Muzchap likes this

40 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I do think Lampard needs to go back to experience while we are in this rut - can the likes of Oli and Pedro really be any worse than what CHO/Mount and Tammy are producing at present?

Yes, they can. What would be the point anyway? They are nearing the end of their contract and would have little motivation. And they have been alienated to the point of no return. 

Blue Armour and bigbluewillie like this

Still fuming. What did we have 19 attempts or something.. Bellends goal from the edge of the area, just no desire to close out or throw bodies on the line. Missing a JT.

How many times does CHO massively overhit that 45 degree cross into row K. How many times does Kepa fuck up then shout at Rudi and the defence. :middlefinger:

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Emerson is pretty much in the exact same boat as Alonso now. Keep him in the final third and he's dangerous and a weapon. Puts in dangerous crosses in open play and his delivery from corners was great.

You make it sound like Emerson is as much good offensively as Alonso. 

Alonso for Chelsea 134 games 19 goals 17 assists 

Emerson 52 games 1 goal 5 assists. 

Huge difference. 

Johnnyeye, Essien19, Muzchap and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

My mate was there and said once again the atmosphere was shite.

When has it ever been good?:(

Atomiswave likes this

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

My mate was there and said once again the atmosphere was shite.

I've heard it mentioned by multiple commentary teams this season. Can't blame them most of the time, but yeah. 

3 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

And the whole they only had 2 shots blah. Both were goals. Surely better to have less shots and score then 19 and not.

Needs to be looked at with more context.

In the context of last night's game obviously it's pointless, but if teams keep being reduced to two shots against us we will win more than not.

It's was very much our fault we dropped two points but as I keep saying, calling the overall performance poor makes me think my theory people judge their view on a game by looking at the result and nothing else have legs.

Blue Armour and Johnnyeye like this

It wasn't a good performance and I say that even at 2-1. It was shaky and just generally flat again for the vast majority of the game.

At 1-0 my lad said to me "Dad they haven't even had a shot" I said "Means nothing that son, we will gift them something and it will be back to pure frustration again"

Game management is poor, mentality is poor, some players are just shite and to me, look like they couldn't give a fuck.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Not to mention Jorginho turning his fucking back on it.

jOrGiNhO iS a LeAdEr.

22 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

The way they went and scored that second goal was like when your controller suddenly dies in fifa. They all just stood there and said go on, go grab a goal, we wont even look.

Lmao first time I have laughed on this forum for a while... 👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣

In the old days would have earned you a nomination for post of the month 👍👍👍

Johnnyeye and Atomiswave like this

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Not to mention Jorginho turning his fucking back on it.

I remember being torn a new one for doing that during a training session with my school team.  Jorginho is lucky he doesn't have JT and co around!

28 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Lmao first time I have laughed on this forum for a while... 👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣

In the old days would have earned you a nomination for post of the month 👍👍👍

My pleasure mate

Muzchap likes this