• Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I can take dropping two points cause of how wasteful we were in attacking situations but no way did they deserve to win.

Still feels surreal they nicked this.

Makes this defeat all the more stupid. We couldn't even just defend that last attack properly and take the point and run. We had to concede a stupid goal and lose in the stupidest way possible. :doh: 

34 minutes ago, Vesper said:

£142m counting his 7 years of salary

roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Rofl was the reaction of at least one poster 18 months ago, when I said I'd rather save that money and use 19 year-old  Marcin Bulka in goal.

Win percentage with Kanté this season: 36%

Win percentage without Kanté this season: 71%

The sample size is getting increasingly bigger and the signs aren't good.

It's not even about Kanté playing bad because he doesn't, it's about him not suiting our needs in most games.

How anyone can feel its justified to defend Rudiger for that goal is beyond me. He literally done nothing when the ball flew straight past his head lol. Yes he was marking two men but you still predict the flight of the ball and try to defend it.. isnt that the whole point of defending ? 

44 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

I want this man

hi-res-3ed4fbe0b76bdc4b5ae6421309194592_

he turned us down flat

so good luck

maybe IF Simeone leaves, BUT he will stay if Allegri or Poch replaces Diego

I have a shit tonne of far cheaper options

who are far better than the Kepa of 2020

also

no club will pick up Kepa's FIFTY MILLION QUID salary left on his contract plus pay us any decent transfer fee

but lets say we DO find a sucker team

who says ok, here is 35m for Kepa

that means we have to still spend 120m euro (£103m)(now) RC on Oblak just for his trans-fee

so a net spend of almost £70m right there

PLUS Oblak's £200K PW (or more if he demands it) salary as well

De Gea new contract is insane and Oblak might demand close

De Gea makes almost £20m a year!!!

b4074f9346fce51040ef59b7fe4af2a6.png

lets say we get Oblak for 'only' 250K per week for 5 years

that adds (versus Kepa salary) around £15m more

so £85m total cost to upgrade

add that to £375m to £430m that JUST IN FEES we will spend if we buy 

Sancho  £120m

Werner or Dembele around 50m (Wenger would only be £25m due to low RC in the summer)

Chillwell  80m

Zaha or some other winger (50m if not Zaha, 80m if him) if Willian walks on a free (we cannot roll all year with THREE wingers, lolol)

Somare or some other DMF  50m

and  a creative MF for around £50m

that is a gross spend (not net, net obviously lowers it as long as we sell sell sell)

just in fees

of £478m to £533m

NOT COUNTING the increases in salaries (not counting even Oblak's) over the players replaced (and remember all this is with ZERO buys anywhere else, so no CB buys, no regular CMF buys, no RB buys, no 3rd striker buys, no backup keeper buys (Willy is 39 next season)

bottom line......................................

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Nope

especially if we lose out on CL again

FFP will FUCK US

and we have no new stadium at all (not even planned now) to add in massive new revenue

we will not do it even IF WE SELL KANTE for £100m

it is why I laugh when I see people (on top of all else listed) demand we ALSO buy Skriniar (who will cost around £90m more)

we are in dire straights for realio overall

especially as the board refuses to sell players in time fashion since 2017 (we have already lost around £300m in market value sales if/when Willian is added in when we walks on a free) <<<< Willian wants a 2 year contract with a MASSIVE pay raise as well!!!

#fucktheboard

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Rofl was the reaction of at least one poster 18 months ago, when I said I'd rather save that money and use 19 year-old  Marcin Bulka in goal.

probably was me (sob)

:blush:

but at least we are not paying him almost £20m PER YEAR like Manure are with De Gea

b4074f9346fce51040ef59b7fe4af2a6.png

45 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

I want this man

hi-res-3ed4fbe0b76bdc4b5ae6421309194592_

this is the keeper i always wanted here, been following him since his Benfica days, just a shame Atletico won't give him up, no matter how much we pay. Maybe we fucked up with the Kepa deal, i would love to be proven wrong, but Kepa doesnt seem to cut it at all atm.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

this is the keeper i always wanted here, been following him since his Benfica days, just a shame Atletico won't give him up, no matter how much we pay. Maybe we fucked up with the Kepa deal, i would love to be proven wrong, but Kepa doesnt seem to cut it at all atm.

you have it wrong

we DID meet his release clause (£90m then, it is now up to £103m)

Atleti had no choice IF he wanted to leave

BUT

Oblak himself said NO

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Thought I'll spread some good news.

After Arsenal I'll be abroad for a month, and our record when I'm out of England is immaculate, this season especially.

then by all means do leave and enjoy your time abroad, anything to make us win. Cheers

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you have it wrong

we DID meet his release clause (£90m then, it is now up to £103m)

Atleti had no choice IF he wanted to leave

BUT

Oblak himself said NO

fuck Oblak then, im fucking pissed right now, i cant even think straight.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

then by all means do leave and enjoy your time abroad, anything to make us win. Cheers

Ironic thing is I'd rather we have our blips when I'm away (if we have to have one).

Atleast that way I'd have a proper distraction :lol:

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

One of the most annoying games I have ever seen. 

I was mugged in Geordieland about twenty years ago. This was worse.

Linekers bar? Fucking prices there! I wouldn't mind if he was using the money on an Ear OP! 

2 hours ago, Davekelly35 said:

Look on the bright side at least we have more possession than our opposition. I guess we just have to wait until summer to make signings.

there is a huge possibility we cock up in the summer too

nothing is etched in stone

we are rolling dice on 3 giant buys (one of which I do not even agree on as he is NOT worth 80m)

Werner

Sancho

Chilwell <<< NOT worth 80m!!!

NONE of whom are remotely in the bag (and who, even with the insanely low 25m RC of Werner, still cost £225m PLUS insane salaries for just the 3)

plus we need AMF, DMF and another winger (if Willian walks on a free) and another LB too (and tbh, another RB too, as Azpi is spent and needs to GO but I accept he will not be touched at all, he is a teacher's pet)

plus a 3rd CF (that is easy)

we also simply must sell Kante (who is horrid in the role we now play him in and turns 30yo next season) to help fund (and that is going to be the mother of all brawls here)