• Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

By the way, any idea why Lampard is constantly sticking Willian and Azpi on the same side? To protect the latter defensively? When Azpi switched to RB after James' injury, Willian also went to the right side. Why...WHY? :middlefinger:

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not by me he isn't. If we are looking to sign a striker to backup Tammy, and to push him, then we might as well not bother. We need a striker to replace Tammy.

We are where we are though.

We''re not going to be able to attract a genuine world class striker. Tammy is about our level at the mo.

Imho, there are much more glaring weaknesses that need seeing too - keeper, CB's, fb's, wingers, and someone who can make a pass in the final third.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it isn't going to change

especially if we miss out on Werner and Sancho in the summer

we may drop an insane desperation-driven 80m quid on Chilwell, but from what I have seen, he si not going to be a revolution at all

I already gave up on CB action taking place now and in the summer

Lamps loves the 4 main ones we have

if we also miss out on Chilwell, and the baord refuses to sell Alonso and emerson, he will still trot out azpi at LB over half the time unless we wake the fuck u and buy Gosens AND either Grimaldo or Telles (all 3 could be had now if we just made the play)

we will settle for Dembele at CF and we has a 50/50 chance of being another £40 to 50m or so Ligue 1/Bundesliga/Serie A CF bust in the EPL

just like the 'big' 5 CFs who came into the EPL this year

Joelinton, Haller, Cutrone (already gone),  Wesley and Moise Kean

When you have amateurs beind the scenes and non footy folks then this is what happens. No ambition, no foresight, no fucking balls. Iwill never laugh at arsenal again.

Watch Liverpool have their worst performance of the last 2 years right when we desperately need them to win. <_<

Also, what a horrendous period to be missing Pulisic. He would've made a huge difference. Running at teams and terrifying defenses. Calum just isn't quite there yet.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

By the way, any idea why Lampard is constantly sticking Willian and Azpi on the same side? To protect the latter defensively? When Azpi switched to RB after James' injury, Willian also went to the right side. Why...WHY? :middlefinger:

There are certainly a lot of questions regarding Lampard's selections, starting from the very back with the goalie.

5 minutes ago, chippy said:

I think I'm correct in saying that in the ratio of  goals conceded from shots on target he has the worst record in the league.

Would anyone be stupid enough to pay even £20 million for him now? All I can say is get him off the wage bill asp!!!

he is on (drum roll) £192K per week for SEVEN years

total cost to us, fees included

£142m over 7 years

roflmaooo

but hey, I am just a stupid bint who knows nothing about players, finance or life in general and the board are godlike supermen and women

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

There are certainly a lot of questions regarding Lampard's selections, starting from the very back with the goalie.

I want to say Lampard has no choice there because the backup is Caballero but god knows the state of Caballero right now. He is already 38, could still be decent or could be worse than Kepa. So, I don't know...

22 minutes ago, milka said:

This is too much , this is not normal , this is shit .

EOlsPU3XUAAPKoA?format=jpg&name=small

Putting us aside for a minute, I'm not sure how Newcastle fans put up with that kind of shit football all season. They have mostly been parking the bus and trying to pinch a goal here and there. It's so fucking turgid and boring! Their low xG and stats there are very common in their games under Steve Bruce.

30 minutes ago, chippy said:

We are where we are though.

We''re not going to be able to attract a genuine world class striker. Tammy is about our level at the mo.

Imho, there are much more glaring weaknesses that need seeing too - keeper, CB's, fb's, wingers, and someone who can make a pass in the final third.

I don't disagree. My post wasn't intended to argue against anything you said here. If we can't find a player who is of the required standard, but not yet recognised as a target by clubs higher up the food chain than we are, then, as I said, we don't bother. No more wasting resources on solutions that are no solution at all.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Putting us aside for a minute, I'm not sure how Newcastle fans put up with that kind of shit football all season. They have mostly been parking the bus and trying to pinch a goal here and there. It's so fucking turgid and boring! Their low xG and stats there are very common in their games under Steve Bruce.

I can take dropping two points cause of how wasteful we were in attacking situations but no way did they deserve to win.

Still feels surreal they nicked this.