test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   5 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Rudiger
    • Christensen
    • Azpilicueta
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

444 posts in this topic
We won last season there with 81% possession. But yeah, tricky game as usual. 
With the players absent and their league form, it shouldn't be.

No "home woes" to cry about as well.

I'm waiting until I see the lineup until I decide how confident or not I am for this.

Same lineup as Burnley (give or take Barkley/Kova and maybe at a push Azpi/Alonso) and I think we'll have far too much for them. However if Lampard decides to break up the CHO/James partnership down the right, shoehorn Kante straight back in the side, give Emerson another chance or god for bid all three we could be in for a long frustrating game.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Going by Lampard's presser, think only Pulisic and obviously Loftus-Cheek are not available for this game. No mention of Alonso, Kante etc.

Pulisic will likely return in early February, meaning he should be good to go again after the mini winter break and Loftus-Cheek could train with the first team again after that break (he's currently training with the youth teams to build his fitness).

Don't think Newcastle have been atrocious lately so I don't expect this to be a straightforward 3 points by any means. Especially if they have St. Maximin back fit who, much like Zaha, can cause a major headache for any team with his pace and dribbling.

If we do win though this has the potential to be a fantastic weekend. Think both Liverpool and Watford will beat United and Spuds. Arse could easily lose as well.

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Especially if they have St. Maximin back fit who, much like Zaha, can cause a major headache for any team with his pace and dribbling.

Hopefully Lampard instructs Rudiger or Tomori to give Saint-Maximin special attention during the game. I'm guessing our FB pair will be Reece at RB and Azpi at LB, with them going forward every time available. This can leave Saint-Maximin a lot of space to run into with the ball at the counter. Also, if up against Azpi he could have some joy dribbling around him.

3 hours ago, milka said:

We need to win this one ..... manure will lose  from  liVARpool and  9 points above them  will be good 

cuz

opt1579349970b.jpg

Damn talk about a hell run coming up.