test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manpe

Gabriel Barbosa

Started by manpe,

Striker drops exit hint as Chelsea reportedly make an approach to sign him

Last night saw a few developments in a potential transfer movement involving Chelsea, and once again social media was involved.

Chelsea had previously been linked with a move for Inter striker Gabriel Barbosa aka Gabigol.

Yesterday those links grew off the back of a fresh report via reliable Brazilian outlet Globo Esporte. The report, via their extra segment as translated by The Metro, states that Inter Milan have confirmed to them that Chelsea have made an official approach for Gabigol.
[...]

Thoughts on this one? I know jack shit about him.

He scores a lot. but he loses a lot of goals too. The reason why he is not a player for the highest level, imo, is this: he needs the ball always to be in his left profile, or he has no confidence and dont know what to do.  Its sad because he is really talented. They should have worked in his weakness in the U-17, but since he was scoring tons of goals, they sent him straight to professional team.

Vesper and manpe like this

25 minutes ago, Arlen Correa said:

He scores a lot. but he loses a lot of goals too. The reason why he is not a player for the highest level, imo, is this: he needs the ball always to be in his left profile, or he has no confidence and dont know what to do.  Its sad because he is really talented. They should have worked in his weakness in the U-17, but since he was scoring tons of goals, they sent him straight to professional team.

So he is one of those annoying exclusively one-footed players? Especially bad trait for a striker who needs to be able to finish from any angle.

Just now, Valdo said:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

Translation?

I wouldn’t mind taking a gamble on this dude because the rest options are either unavailable or proven not good enough.

13 minutes ago, manpe said:

Translation?

Inter Milan wants to use Gabriel Barbosa to get Alonso and Giroud.

manpe likes this

5 hours ago, Arlen Correa said:

Inter Milan wants to use Gabriel Barbosa to get Alonso and Giroud.

I take it right now with my eyes close. Get rid of Alonso and get a striker? 

Vesper likes this

Brazilian media quoting Italian media, who in turn are quoting the Star and Express.

Without wanting to look silly, its obviously a BS rumour which is still getting airtime because the press from each country quote each other, and go round in circles. 

I suspect a lot of people on twitter are going to look very silly at the end of this window when Gabigol has not joined.   (could be me though if he does join)

OhForAGreavsie and Vesper like this

Joao-Castelo Branco an English based Brazilian reporter for ESPN, said on the show no bid whatsoever from Chelsea or West Ham.  Total speculation

Vesper likes this

4 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Joao-Castelo Branco an English based Brazilian reporter for ESPN, said on the show no bid whatsoever from Chelsea or West Ham.  Total speculation

Phew.

Vesper likes this

Not happening apparently. Frank isn't interested. Not sure how I feel about this. He could have been good for squad depth at a cheap price.

Cech tried his best but the deal is to smart for Lampard and Marina better go for the average dud in France for 50 mil.