Jadon Sancho

El P.

NINTCHDBPICT000549226409-3-e157770999075

According to The Telegraph, Chelsea have now emerged as potential frontrunners for Borussia Dortmund attacker Jadon Sancho.

Frank Lampard is eager to bring the England international to Stamford Bridge while the 19-year-old, who grew up in Camberwell, South London, likes the idea of coming back home.

Sancho had a breakthrough season last term. The 19-year-old made 43 appearances across all competitions, scoring 13 goals and providing 19 assists.

Jadon doesn't seem to be slowing this campaign either. In 24 matches so far, the winger has recorded a solid tally of 12 goals and 13 assists, including 9 goals and 10 assists in 15 Bundesliga fixtures.

Despite such a young age, the former Manchester City Academy kid is already a regular for England. The wonderkid has won 11 international caps. In September, the attacker scored his debut goal for the Three Lions - a brace in the 5-3 win over Kosovo within the 2020 UEFA Euro qualification.

https://tribuna.com/en/chelsea/news/3536535/

Not the best of sources claiming the story for now but well, it sounds promising by now. Sky bet has him on 5/4 for joining Chelsea.

I think it would be great buy, he ticks all of the boxes and our 4-3-3 (Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho) with him would be deadly and balanced.

Only downside would be less playing time for Pulisic-CHO-Mount, because I guess we won't be selling Willian.

I think it would be great buy, he ticks all of the boxes and our 4-3-3 (Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho) with him would be deadly and balanced.
Only downside would be less playing time for Pulisic-CHO-Mount, because I guess we won't be selling Willian.

CHO is nowhere near our starting 11, either never or yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 10:07 AM, El P. said:

Multiple points:

A MF of Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho is never going to work, it is horrid in terms of creativity, if we try to make that our regular MF for the next 2 or 3 years, I predict a large fail, as in no CL and forget even remotely chalenging for the title.

Kante needs to be sold come summer IMHO, he is never going to pan out as a forward-playing CMF and this summer is our last chance (he turns 30 in a little over a year) to cash in huge on him.

We cannot sell Willian (unless we did it in the next 3 weeks) as he walks on a free in the summer, unless we renew him for 2 years (and do we really want to pay 15m quid or so in salary for a 32/33yo winger over the next 2 years?)

He will not accept a one year contract (as there are 10 plus clubs who will give him 2 or even a 3 year contract next summer)

We may end up doing that, but it is going to get ugly over the next two seasons if he is trotted out as the starter game after game, especially if we fail on Sancho, pass on Zaha and CHO and/or Pulisic regress.

Mount is not a winger (playing him there is almost as stupid as playing Azpi at LB) so Sancho has no bearing on that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, Vesper said:

Multiple points:

A MF of Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho is never going to work, it is horrid in terms of creativity, if we try to make that our regular MF for the next 2 or 3 years, I predict a large fail, as in no CL and forget even remotely chalenging for the title.

With time I am giving up of that idea too, because we are shit in scoring even when we play with Mount instead of Kovačić. If we buy Sancho for RW lets say and play 4-3-3, other winger (CHO/Puly) + Abraham are just not enough in terms of end product.

But I don't think 4-2-3-1 with Mount is solution either, but he might improve. For now, he is a new Oscar to me.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mana said:

But goes to show how critical getting top 4 is. That could be the difference between Sancho and no Sancho.

I don't think it will be either way. 

Let's be realistic whoever makes it out of us and United could well go out in the group stage next season, do you really think a 20 year old will decide his long term future based on 6 games?

Real, Barca or Bayern entering the race will be 100 times more worrying than falling out of top four.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, Mana said:

Reports are saying that Sancho wants to play for a PL team this summer. And the battle at the moment looks like it’s between Chelsea and United. (Although City can trigger a buy back clause if they want him)

But goes to show how critical getting top 4 is. That could be the difference between Sancho and no Sancho.

City don't have a buyback clause. All they have is the opportunity to match any bid made for the player made by another club, but even then the player would need to agree to return.

5 hours ago, herpthederp said:

City don't have a buyback clause. All they have is the opportunity to match any bid made for the player made by another club, but even then the player would need to agree to return.

Doubt he will want to play in League 2 anyway. 

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Pretty sure the second bit is just Simon 'a journalist wannabe' Phillips' opinion. People are seriously trying hard to convince themselves that the Sancho move will happen...

As for Boga, why the heck would we want to remove the buy back clause? Makes no sense! :carlo: 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pretty sure the second bit is just Simon 'a journalist wannabe' Phillips' opinion. People are seriously trying hard to convince themselves that the Sancho move will happen...

As for Boga, why the heck would we want to remove the buy back clause? Makes no sense! :carlo: 

Maybe we get some smaller compensation and they want the security. Makes sense if the club didnt actually plan to get him back. 

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Napoli wants him...They cant deal with Naples with the buy back clause still in place...

As I mentioned previously Boga would only be re joining the Club if Lampard wanted the player.  Napoli had a €20 million offer rejected in Jan for the player and will be returning in the Summer.  Chelsea will renegotiate a sell on fee with Sassuolo rather than exercise the buy back option.

Sancho is off the table for most Clubs because of the financials involved in the total package (transfer fee, agent fee, sign on fee & contract).  We are talking closer to £300 Million here over 5 years.  The likelihood is He remains a Dortmund player for the foreseeable.

The player is definitely not joining Chelsea this Summer.

KTBFFH!!

54 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Maybe we get some smaller compensation and they want the security. Makes sense if the club didnt actually plan to get him back. 

A compensation makes no sense as well. Better off just negotiate for a sell-on fee if we really don't want to sign him. And based on this tweet, it seems like Sassuolo were the ones who initiated the talks.

51 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Napoli wants him...They cant deal with Naples with the buy back clause still in place...

Unless I'm missing something here, the buy back clause is just for us to buy Boga back at a set price, if we want to. Otherwise, Sassuolo can do whatever they want with him. This isn't the first refusal clause. 

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unless I'm missing something here, the buy back clause is just for us to buy Boga back at a set price, if we want to. Otherwise, Sassuolo can do whatever they want with him. This isn't the first refusal clause. 

we are crazy to not buy him for only £12.7m

he is worth triple that

I guess if we do a sell on clause then oki

that means we really do not want him

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You