test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
El P.

Jadon Sancho

Started by El P.,

NINTCHDBPICT000549226409-3-e157770999075

According to The Telegraph, Chelsea have now emerged as potential frontrunners for Borussia Dortmund attacker Jadon Sancho.

Frank Lampard is eager to bring the England international to Stamford Bridge while the 19-year-old, who grew up in Camberwell, South London, likes the idea of coming back home.

Sancho had a breakthrough season last term. The 19-year-old made 43 appearances across all competitions, scoring 13 goals and providing 19 assists.

Jadon doesn't seem to be slowing this campaign either. In 24 matches so far, the winger has recorded a solid tally of 12 goals and 13 assists, including 9 goals and 10 assists in 15 Bundesliga fixtures.

Despite such a young age, the former Manchester City Academy kid is already a regular for England. The wonderkid has won 11 international caps. In September, the attacker scored his debut goal for the Three Lions - a brace in the 5-3 win over Kosovo within the 2020 UEFA Euro qualification.

https://tribuna.com/en/chelsea/news/3536535/

Not the best of sources claiming the story for now but well, it sounds promising by now. Sky bet has him on 5/4 for joining Chelsea.

I think it would be great buy, he ticks all of the boxes and our 4-3-3 (Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho) with him would be deadly and balanced.

Only downside would be less playing time for Pulisic-CHO-Mount, because I guess we won't be selling Willian.

I think it would be great buy, he ticks all of the boxes and our 4-3-3 (Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho) with him would be deadly and balanced.
Only downside would be less playing time for Pulisic-CHO-Mount, because I guess we won't be selling Willian.

CHO is nowhere near our starting 11, either never or yet.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:07 AM, El P. said:

Multiple points:

A MF of Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho is never going to work, it is horrid in terms of creativity, if we try to make that our regular MF for the next 2 or 3 years, I predict a large fail, as in no CL and forget even remotely chalenging for the title.

Kante needs to be sold come summer IMHO, he is never going to pan out as a forward-playing CMF and this summer is our last chance (he turns 30 in a little over a year) to cash in huge on him.

We cannot sell Willian (unless we did it in the next 3 weeks) as he walks on a free in the summer, unless we renew him for 2 years (and do we really want to pay 15m quid or so in salary for a 32/33yo winger over the next 2 years?)

He will not accept a one year contract (as there are 10 plus clubs who will give him 2 or even a 3 year contract next summer)

We may end up doing that, but it is going to get ugly over the next two seasons if he is trotted out as the starter game after game, especially if we fail on Sancho, pass on Zaha and CHO and/or Pulisic regress.

Mount is not a winger (playing him there is almost as stupid as playing Azpi at LB) so Sancho has no bearing on that.

Fernando likes this

On 1/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, Vesper said:

Multiple points:

A MF of Kovačić-Kante-Jorginho is never going to work, it is horrid in terms of creativity, if we try to make that our regular MF for the next 2 or 3 years, I predict a large fail, as in no CL and forget even remotely chalenging for the title.

With time I am giving up of that idea too, because we are shit in scoring even when we play with Mount instead of Kovačić. If we buy Sancho for RW lets say and play 4-3-3, other winger (CHO/Puly) + Abraham are just not enough in terms of end product.

But I don't think 4-2-3-1 with Mount is solution either, but he might improve. For now, he is a new Oscar to me.

Vesper likes this