• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Spuds lost:D

Wolves lost:D

Hopefully Manure loses to Arse:D

Won't take anything away from our shit show, just makes our 4th place a little bit safer, gunna be a fucking struggle though aint it, don't know if my heart will take it let alone my brain.

Oh well KTBFFH:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

A couple of big results this afternoon with Spurs and Wolves losing.

We could easily have lost today so maybe needs to be viewed as a point gained to a degree and we move on.

Still got United at Arsenal later...

I know we will have our nightmare run of games starting at the end of this month but I just noticed in the weeks we play Burnley (h) and Newcastle (a), Spurs and United will be playing Liverpool. It won't happen but by hook or by crook, we need to get the fucking 6 points in those 2 games!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Still got United at Arsenal later...

I know we will have our nightmare run of games starting at the end of this month but I just noticed in the weeks we play Burnley (h) and Newcastle (a), Spurs and United will be playing Liverpool. It won't happen but by hook or by crook, we need to get the fucking 6 points in those 2 games!

Its daft that you cant look at games and think ooooh def a win. Not every game is but more you feel confident about. These days its pot luck! 

Arsenal...Leicester..Man U..Spurs

That's a horrible run. Though probably pick a few points against and then lose to Bournemouth again

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lamps made an important point. When we have such a small side teams will get chances in set pieces vs us and the odd one will stick. So we have to take our chances. 1-0 will never be a safe result for this team. If we don’t get at least 2 goals we are not even 50% likely to win. 
also Kante and Kova were atrociously bad. And both are basically useless in a game we’re we have this much space. 

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lamps made an important point. When we have such a small side teams will get chances in set pieces vs us and the odd one will stick. So we have to take our chances. 1-0 will never be a safe result for this team. If we don’t get at least 2 goals we are not even 50% likely to win. 
also Kante and Kova were atrociously bad. And both are basically useless in a game we’re we have this much space. 

Lampard disagrees with you on Kante. :ph34r:

Kovacic was meant to be perfect for this kind of game but sadly, he turned into Bakayoko after coming on. :doh: 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kovacic was meant to be perfect for this kind of game but sadly, he turned into Bakayoko after coming on. :doh: 

Yeah, we heard you the first time :ph34r::P

What I did not like at all, was Kovacic's 2 silly fouls around the box, helping Brighton keep the pressure on. He just never was in the game. He should be starting the next League game, though.

Just now, milan.cech said:

Yeah, we heard you the first time :ph34r::P

What I did not like at all, was Kovacic's 2 silly fouls around the box, helping Brighton keep the pressure on. He just never was in the game.

aka Bakayoko. He Bakayoko-ed the game after coming on.

Serious question.

I think both Spuds and Utds squads and probably Arsenals are better than ours.

Yet we are performing better at this point in the season.

So yes it's massively frustrating and annoying to not win every match and beat 'easy' teams (which don't exist anymore) - I still think overall we are doing ok.

I don't think just chucking loads of players at it will fix it.

We need to do what City and Pool have done - mentally build the players up to perform at 7/10 minimum every game.

It's nice to see Spuds so erratic after appointing Mourinho.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Lampard disagrees with you on Kante. :ph34r:

I think it is no coincidence that Kante's return after the last internatinonal break has accompanied a poor run of form. He has not been as good as he used to and often looks isolated. Overall I think our midfield, albeit our best collection of players is overrated af. We need a complete midfielder who can score goals, play throughballs and reads the game well enough to dictate the tempo and make interceptions. someone like Lamps was as a player. Particularly goals and through balls are missing from our midfield. Our present midfielders are very lmited in their game. Mount is pretty much only good and running a lot and finding space, Kovacic is only good an dribbling and 1 on 1 defending (apart from his clumsly performance today). Kante is only good at dribbling, running a lot, defending and short passing, Jorginho is only good at passing in the first and and middle third of the game etc. Also our press sucks and was broken countless times because our midfield did either not push high enough or was out of synch with the defence when the first 3 were surpassed. 

26 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Serious question.

I think both Spuds and Utds squads and probably Arsenals are better than ours.

Yet we are performing better at this point in the season.

So yes it's massively frustrating and annoying to not win every match and beat 'easy' teams (which don't exist anymore) - I still think overall we are doing ok.

I don't think just chucking loads of players at it will fix it.

We need to do what City and Pool have done - mentally build the players up to perform at 7/10 minimum every game.

It's nice to see Spuds so erratic after appointing Mourinho.

Great summary. 

We have a lot of players that are square pecks in round holes. Pep and Klopp got all the players with the right attributes and technical education for their system. 

Lampard is not Conte or Mourinho who style their system to fit their players but has a certain philosphy. We see that our players really try to buy into this game but time and time again they dont know what to to, run out of steam, look out of sync with each other or simply are not good enough. This squad is like 8th best in the league. Finsihing 6th or higher would be a great success. The more time the players have to train with lamps and to rest to digest his ideas the better they perform. No wonder we won most games we had full weeks of rest for. Also our best performance vs Spurs came after a nice week long of rest. When Lamps gets his players we will improve drastically IMO. But if the Board gives him the usual dregs we will struggle.

Today for once was not Lamps's fault but the players individual  (Kovacic) or collective incompetence (look at how Zouma and Rüdiger were aimlessly running around when our midfield decided to press up or how Jorginho and Kante were out of position once the press of the front three was surpassed. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

(look at how Zouma and Rüdiger were aimlessly running around when our midfield decided to press up or how Jorginho and Kante were out of position once the press of the front three was surpassed. 

You brought me to something else with bringing up these two.

Did you also notice how 'aggresive' and attacking they were to each other? Zouma cleared the ball and Rudiger almost took him down, and more than just once. Not to mention several verbal disagreement during the game. Sure, it is nice to see they care but Rudiger also took down Kepa at the Emirates. I am sure it is nothing serious but it does not really look good.

Just now, milan.cech said:

You brought me to something else with bringing up these two.

Did you also notice how 'aggresive' and attacking they were to each other? Zouma cleared the ball and Rudiger almost took him down, and more than just once. Not to mention several verbal disagreement during the game. Sure, it is nice to see they care but Rudiger also took down Kepa at the Emirates. I am sure it is nothing serious but it does not really look good.

TBF, Rudiger looked like he was gonna murder someone when something went wrong every time.

In the end it looks Chelsea have actually gained a point over the chasing pack as Spurs lost and United are on course to do so, but surely this match should have been three easy points as we've looked decent, not that good, but decent and especially Brighton was nothing special at all. But it is a work in progress and a transitional season and surely everything matters from next season on, hopefully this is the kind of match Frank learns from and same goes for Callum he should have burried that chance, but for sure it's a special season for him, too and can learn from it when frankly mistakes are allowed because of the nature of our season and get better for the next ones when really everybody is going to be more demanding and transition/lack of experience cannot be used as an excuse anymore.