• Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Its a mix of it all, FL makes some weird decisions man, the board have filled this team with shit players through ther years and we are paying for it. No cutting edge or anything. And I feel its a coaching issue as well.

Almost zero creativity from out midfield yet many fans still think Jorginho, Kova and Kante is a great trio. All they give us is lots of posession which we do nothing with time and time again.They do not compliment each other at all and are costing us bigtime! Kante has gone from one of the very best, most important players in the league to a bang average bits and pieces player who's not great at anything anymore. Need to rip up that midfield!

Box to box is a runner, his job is not create. Any creation that you get is a bonus.
Whose job is to create in our team. Mount, lw, RW and striker. All of them are youngster except Willian but Willian is playing as RW. If you want him to create more, play him on the left. 
See my entire response. It's just people wanting to find fault when the true issues lie elsewhere.

Hope an attacking reinforcement with consistency is brought in before our next league game (10 days).

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The problem is the lack of alternatives we have. Beyond about 14-15 players our squad is not great and there are a couple of areas in our strongest XI which are weaknesses to boot too. When Tammy has had a few games struggling, there isn't a good enough alternative off the bench or to start in front of him. When Mount has struggled, the obvious alternative to his position is RLC who's injured. Hudson Odoi is the 3rd choice winger and is struggling. Our options at present just aren't good enough.

We're pretty lucky to be honest that some of these young players stepped up earlier in the season to put us in the position that we're in because I wouldn't envisage Giroud or Bats having scored the goals that Tammy has, or Tomori stepping in when the alternative was a Christensen and Zouma partnership which looked atrocious in the first games.

By the way, I'm not knocking Tammy.. he has been a revelation up top and he is only going to get better.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

People are saying poor game management. 

What did you lot expect Lampard to do? With who we have currently? 

The mentality of the players is poor. It is the job of the manager to manage and motivate them. When you have Zouma reportedly coming out saying the players find it hard to get motivated, that highlights the problem. The substitutions were poor today. Pulisic was by far our most lively player, and we lost all drive in midfield after Mount went off. Kovacic, Kante and Jorgi clearly cannot operate in a three against a four-man midfield. Tammy had a shocker yet he played the full 90 minutes. We praise Lampard - and rightly so - when he makes ballsy decisions (i.e. Emerson vs Arsenal), so he equally deserves criticism for poor substitutions. 

The fact the players keep making the same mistakes emphasises the fragile confidence of the team. We haven't won back-to-back games in three months. There is something seriously wrong (people need to stop using the transfer ban and "the youth" as an excuse) and the manager must bear some responsibility. 

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

For one he wanted to protect the lead with our defence, totally wrong decision amongst others Frank.

So what should he have done? Mount was losing the ball just as much as anyone? Adding Kovacic was the right move in my opinion because not one player bar maybe Kepa and James can hold their head up high today. Dreadful from everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

It was to point out that Sarri benefitted from Hazard significantly, thus proving that Lampard is handling a tougher situation and probably doing a much better job with the squad that he has.

It's the same squad, minus Hazard. 

People need to stop making out like Lampard is managing the same players he had at his disposal at Derby. We are the Europa League winners and, minus one player regardless of how good he is), it's the same squad, arguably better when you consider the young players who have come in and forced mediocrity out of the starting eleven. 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Check my posting history, I liked/understood what Sarri was trying to do.

You're twisting my words now, this isn't about comparisons, bringing CR7 up is to emphasize the point that even the very best young players blow hot and cold and won't build the consistency for a while.

Some United fans genuinely wanted Fergie to go because of his persistence with him.

All of my family are United and they loved Ronaldo from the start. He showed serious stuff from the start. Mount has been ok ... but that's it ... just ok. I'm not impressed that a player can press for 90 minutes. I think all players should be able to press. Anyways I'm going off track now... the squad is weak ... very, very weak... it needs upgrading big time and if not then we just have to accept we are no longer challenging for the too prizes. 

3 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

The mentality of the players is poor. It is the job of the manager to manage and motivate them. When you have Zouma reportedly coming out saying the players find it hard to get motivated, that highlights the problem. The substitutions were poor today. Pulisic was by far our most lively player, and we lost all drive in midfield after Mount went off. Kovacic, Kante and Jorgi clearly cannot operate in a three against a four-man midfield. Tammy had a shocker yet he played the full 90 minutes. We praise Lampard - and rightly so - when he makes ballsy decisions (i.e. Emerson vs Arsenal), so he equally deserves criticism for poor substitutions. 

The fact the players keep making the same mistakes emphasises the fragile confidence of the team. We haven't won back-to-back games in three months. There is something seriously wrong (people need to stop using the transfer ban and "the youth" as an excuse) and the manager must bear some responsibility. 

I firmly believe this 'lack of motivation' stems from up top and the countless chances we miss. It's pathetic especially when you compare our decision making to say the likes of City and Liverpool. But then again, compare the quality and experience and there is your answer. 

2 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

The reason we haven't won back to back is because we are an AVERAGE team.

I honestly can't believe people don't realise this 🤔

I keep looking around for Rick & Morty - I must be in a parallel universe 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Muzchap said:

Ok what would you have done differently.

It's fine to criticise, but what would you have done?

I would have left Mount on. I wouldn't have put CHO on.

Well, Pulisic seemed a bit off pace due to his recent lack playing time but, honestly, had 3 good chances and they seemed to be building just as he was pulled off. So the CHO substitution didn’t come off. Although Mount didn’t do much, the Kovacic sub ended up being a negative. It’s a young team, So inconsistently is expected. I just hope the attitude and morale is kept high in the team by Frank. I hope it’s youth and inconsistency and not morale rot or negativity. 

Just now, BlueLion. said:

It's the same squad, minus Hazard. 

People need to stop making out like Lampard is managing the same players he had at his disposal at Derby. We are the Europa League winners and, minus one player regardless of how good he is), it's the same squad, arguably better when you consider the young players who have come in and forced mediocrity out of the starting eleven. 

I strongly disagree. Not to mention that this season we have Zouma, Tomori, James, Pulisic, Mount, Batshuayi and Abraham. None of them played for us last season.

3 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

It's the same players? So what do you expect? You do know the definition of insanity 🤣🤣🤣

Blue lion explained it to a tee further up. Lokk I know we are Young, I know we have not a very good squad, but can they do better? Def they can. They look clueless too often, looks confused. He needs to change it up, needs to fire their asses, needs to motivate the shit out of them. Hopefully it will change.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

By the way, I'm not knocking Tammy.. he has been a revelation up top and he is only going to get better.

I'm aware of that, the point I'm trying to make is a wider one. 

Tammy is similar to the likes of Mount, Tomori, Pulisic, though with inconsistency etc. He has had games recently where there's very little space and he's struggled. He has to learn to adapt to those situations and that comes with experience, but the problem is we have no viable alternative to him. Similarly we have no one that can play the role that Mount plays, with CHO struggling our options drop off after Pulisic and Willian, Zouma is the alternative to Tomori, etc. 

The squad just isn't strong enough at present to withstand when the first XI or 14/15 players in the squad aren't at it.

1 minute ago, Ryebread said:

Well, Pulisic seemed a bit off pace due to his recent lack playing time but, honestly, had 3 good chances and they seemed to be building just as he was pulled off. So the CHO substitution didn’t come off. Although Mount didn’t do much, the Kovacic sub ended up being a negative. It’s a young team, So inconsistently is expected. I just hope the attitude and morale is kept high in the team by Frank. I hope it’s youth and inconsistency and not morale rot or negativity. 

Yeah CHO was a bad move and Kova.

Problem is we have inexperienced players and inexperienced manager- it's a perfect storm. 

I have hope it will play out OK next season with some quality additions (2 or 3)... 👍👍👍

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So what should he have done? Mount was losing the ball just as much as anyone? Adding Kovacic was the right move in my opinion because not one player bar maybe Kepa and James can hold their head up high today. Dreadful from everyone. 

Then he needs to straight them out, we cant use this excuse all the time.