test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Azpilicueta
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

359 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

The reason we haven't won back to back is because we are an AVERAGE team.

I think it is more on player taking season off especially Hazard. We are team build for Hazard, if he struggled we struggled.

Muzchap likes this

Just now, Muzchap said:

You can either defend or you can't.

We can't 👍

Not many teams can 👍

Nope 29 goals against so far we really cant.  Especially if so many are scored by opposition the same way.

Muzchap likes this

Just now, Muzchap said:

How? 

Play the right formation vs the right oppnent, make sure tactically we are sound, practice the lazyness out, practice corners and setåieces at both ends, motivate them more. Stop chopping the team all the time. Make sure they give their all cuz in epl its war, you cant afford to have so many mistakes and bad days and then live to tell about it. Besides we are not paid millions to sort it out. But I do give that the board in their wisdom have utterly killed this team. We are just not very good but we can def be more consistent, tactics alone will do alot, man-management will do alot.

Muzchap likes this

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

At least we get one point though. 

Yup and could have easily lost too if not for Kepa.

RoyalBlues likes this

Just now, communicate said:

We have decent squad. Not title challenger squad, I thought not good enough for top 4 this season but the youngster has shown that they are pretty good so yes maybe top 4.

I don't like lamp squad utilization. Giroud and Pedro can ber very useful today. Lamp has pretty much freeze Giroud out and have not played michy as starter. That IMO made no sense. 

But that is the whole point. You've just said yourself that you didn't think we'd be good enough for top 4 this season. A lot of people didn't so overall our season hasn't been anywhere near as bad as most are making it out to be.

We've been inconsistently in and out of top 4 in recent seasons and last year we sneaked 3rd but lost our one world class attacking player whilst the teams who finished mere points behind us in United, Arsenal and Spurs all strengthened in the summer and had the added advantage of not changing managers. We've been inconsistent in the last couple of months but no different to all the teams mentioned above which is why we're ahead of them all. We are exactly where we should be and deserve to be at present which is challenging for top 4. Until we can strengthen a couple of areas and the younger players develop a little more, we're not going to be any higher or better off in the table.

Muzchap and Laylabelle like this

We are in desperate need for aggressive, decisive attackers that can bully their way into goals and pull magic out when games become slogs. We have no one who can do that now.

El P., Thesara, DDA and 1 other like this

24 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

The substitutions were poor today. Pulisic was by far our most lively player, and we lost all drive in midfield after Mount went off. Kovacic, Kante and Jorgi clearly cannot operate in a three against a four-man midfield. Tammy had a shocker yet he played the full 90 minutes. We praise Lampard - and rightly so - when he makes ballsy decisions (i.e. Emerson vs Arsenal), so he equally deserves criticism for poor substitutions. 

Unless the Pulisic sub was pre-planned because of his hamstring problem, I failed to see the logic in taking him off when he was growing into the game in the second half. After CHO came on, we were left with a half LW and a dead RW side with Willian who has been flogged to death with his 3rd game in 7 days. Thought Mount was poor but the minute we took him off and went to a 4-3-3, we lost all attacking impetus. Really don't get why Pulisic wasn't played in the No.10 position and CHO just on the left. 

Thesara and Muzchap like this

It’s frustrating how we always feature at the wrong end of the rarest and most outrageous goals. Cisse, Adam, Agüero, Mahrez, Salah all these rare stunners always against us.

other than that no complaints, even game could have lost. Selection was alright, ref was torrid, Non sharpness, bad pressing. typical post-conte Chelsea game.

Muzchap likes this

Spurs are losing 1:0, maybe we will gt really lucky and Spurs and United won`t win:)

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

But that is the whole point. You've just said yourself that you didn't think we'd be good enough for top 4 this season. A lot of people didn't so overall our season hasn't been anywhere near as bad as most are making it out to be.

We've been inconsistently in and out of top 4 in recent seasons and last year we sneaked 3rd but lost our one world class attacking player whilst the teams who finished mere points behind us in United, Arsenal and Spurs all strengthened in the summer and had the added advantage of not changing managers. We've been inconsistent in the last couple of months but no different to all the teams mentioned above which is why we're ahead of them all. We are exactly where we should be and deserve to be at present which is challenging for top 4. Until we can strengthen a couple of areas and the younger players develop a little more, we're not going to be any higher or better off in the table.

But that is not the point. I have never watched any of youngster play before this. 

I almost never criticized our youngster because I know that they will be inconsistent but I have been critical with Lamp squad management. Tammy has started too many games. We have 3 strikers these season. Lamp has decided to freeze out Giroud, I may disagree but that is fine but he need to play michy. It is the similar with Pedro. 

Take today's game. I won't criticize Puli or CHO performance but we can certainly use Giroud today to give us more control in the 2nd half. 

All but maybe a couple of players were just kind of casually jogging around looking annoyed and like they just wanted the game to end. Jorginho in particular. He was amazing just a few days ago and today he looked like he'd rather have been on the beach or something.

This is what our whole second half of the season is going to be unless changes are made. Desperately clinging on to 4th spot and hoping results elsewhere go our way. And since we all know Arsenal can't be trusted whatsoever, United will be 2 points behind us later.

11Drogba and Atomiswave like this

45 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am honestly quite confused with kante criticism. What the hell was he supposed to do? 

Our problem today was imo lack of ball retention on the final 3rd. We lose the ball way too much. A Giroud would have helped us. 

Whenever Jorginho is playing, he need to dominate games otherwise, he is a massive liability. 

Kante is playing poorly this year, regardless of where he has been played (which, by playing him out of positional role, is not helping matters)

If one ONLY looks at this season, it is only the most sycophantic of fanboys and fangirls who would claim he is remotely near WC level.

He is simply far too often a liability on the pitch at a multiplicity of levels. He was very poor today yet again.

I have to laugh at the statmasters who trot out their precious metrics game and game to justify high praise in the multiple games where even a cursory watch of the actual action shows that to be utter bollocks.

Square peg, round hole.

Muzchap likes this

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

But that is not the point. I have never watched any of youngster play before this. 

I almost never criticized our youngster because I know that they will be inconsistent but I have been critical with Lamp squad management. Tammy has started too many games. We have 3 strikers these season. Lamp has decided to freeze out Giroud, I may disagree but that is fine but he need to play michy. It is the similar with Pedro. 

Take today's game. I won't criticize Puli or CHO performance but we can certainly use Giroud today to give us more control in the 2nd half. 

So are you saying then that because the young players are better than you anticipated we should be doing better than fourth?

I can understand Lampard not playing Bats much, he's not good enough. Tammy has been inconsistent recently but the drop off when Bats starts or comes on for him is clear. I'm all for getting a replacement for Bats and Giroud who is going to either challenge or be capable of playing alongside Tammy when the situation permits.

I know that it's difficult to expect the likes of Giroud and Pedro to perform when they are given chances because they're not playing regularly but both have really looked their age this season and I think where Lampard wants the team to play and press with pace and energy the two simply don't fit into his plans. Maybe you're right with Giroud being an option to hold the ball up and take away the pressure when we're winning a tight game, but I guess then that comes down to Lampard deciding what is best to have on the bench - someone maybe better to defend a lead or someone maybe better to chase a goal. I don't think you can have both on the bench because they are both such one dimensional players, it takes away from the flexibility you can have with the other options on the bench.

Muzchap and 1905didierblue like this

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kante is playing poorly this year, regardless of where he has been played (which, by playing him out of positional role, is not helping matters)

If one ONLY looks at this season, it is only the most sycophantic of fanboys and fangirls who would claim he is remotely near WC level.

He is simply far too often a liability on the pitch at a multiplicity of levels. He was very poor today yet again.

I have to laugh at the statmasters who trot out their precious metrics game and game to justify high praise in the multiple games where even a cursory watch of the actual action shows that to be utter bollocks.

Square peg, round hole.

Has Kante been his brilliant self consistently this season? Nope that is obvious. Is he still a fine player? Absolutely. 

What do people mean by wrong position? My brain hurt every time people say that. We have Jorginho, Kante and  Kovacic in midfield. When jorgi is on the floor, he cannot play double pivot. This is obvious. So kante will play more advanced role. When kante play with kova, he play as double pivot. If you want kante to sit deep, you better have Fabregas in your team. 

El P. likes this

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Square peg, round hole.

His best position has always been in a midfield two in my opinion. It's where he excelled at Leicester, and with us alongside Matic.

I just think the style of play we're trying to implement doesn't suit his game. Those two teams were built to counter attack. It suited his attributes to win the ball back and help the team get up the pitch quickly. The last two seasons he's being expected to help build attacks, etc and it's not a strength of his.

It is ironic that we were much better earlier in the season when we had even less options than we do now and key players such as Kante and Rudiger out. It was almost that the players then knew it was just up to them to win games. Now it seems like too many (and it seems to be different players each time, not just the same culprits) are almost waiting and expecting another player to pull something out of the bag and it's not happening enough, with the exception of perhaps Willian against Spurs and Jorginho against Arsenal.

That is a mentality issue that needs correcting but it's nothing new. This has been our biggest issue for years with Hazard in the squad, others not prepared to take some responsibility themselves and just too easy to give the ball to the best player and hope he makes something happen.

Thesara and Vesper like this

At least Emerson wasn’t on the pitch today to pass backward and not do anything. Franks got that right at least

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

More dropped points. 1 win in 8 now is it?

3 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses in last 8 league games. 

Muzchap likes this