• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

So who do we play instead? 

You seen to have all the answers 🤣

That's the point..  we dont have a good enough squad. It's a pile of shit. We need to buy at least 6 World Class players from defence to attack to compete at the top again.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We're giving academy boys significant minutes aswell 

This. The problem is most people think of our young player are already top player. Lol they are young player with massive potential and that is it. They are good but they are not that good. Give them time, the will be inconsistent. Will they turn into wc player, I don't know but at least they will be at least rotational player for us. 

Even last year, I am pretty sure a lot of Chelsea fans think CHO is close to Hazard level. He is not even at Willian level. 

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's interesting that the vow to be patient if academy players were playing has not only gone wildly out of the window, it's the academy lads that are being targeted.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869070-jorginho-says-youth-is-not-an-excuse-for-chelsea-starlets-after-arsenal-win

"I think when you play for Chelsea, we talk a lot about 'young, young, young, young' but we are in the middle of the season and every player has to take responsibility.

"Not just the older players. Of course, the younger players need more help but youth is not an excuse, you just have to be ready, prepared for the game, prepared to fight, because you are playing for Chelsea in the Premier League and that's it.

I understand your sentiment and I said the same thing before but #justsharing... :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Ajax, Watford, Liverpool in Istanbul, Spurs, the reverse fixture Vs Brighton we were all playing possesion/attacking football and played very well.

Fact is we have two players in their prime in the entire squad, we're going to have inconsistent result and performances, it's unavoidable at this point.

We also had some sensational performances under Sarri, especially early on... Lampard is doing little different to Sarri and people don't want to admit that. 

1 minute ago, chippy said:

The results against Spurs and Arsenal just papered over the cracks.

I keep saying it, but if we're to challenge for the title  nearly the entire team need to be replaced.  

It's painful and frustrating to watch us like this, but there's no quick fix like there once was with a change of manager. Frank is going to need at least another  2 seasons and hundreds of millions to fix this!

Challenge for the title? 

I honestly wish we had started this season worse than we did.

We are punching above our weight at the moment.

We are probably the 7th-10th best team in the league.

We can be better than that and worse - depending upon the inconsistency of the players.

Titles will be 5 years away minimum...

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Sorry mate but unless your Messi every young player in the world is inconsistent, even CR7 blew hot and cold for three years.

No way.... you are not comparing a young Ronaldo with the likes of Mount and Odoi??? CR7 was not ghosting in games like Mount or Odoi are in this fashion. No way.

10 minutes ago, Nikarlc said:

RLC needs to get back immediately!We lack class and that's why we lose or draw against shit teams.

RLC has had a massive injury. Worse rupture than CHO's. I highly doubt he will be fully up to speed until next season.

Just now, DDA said:

No way.... you are not comparing a young Ronaldo with the likes of Mount and Odoi??? CR7 was not ghosting in games like Mount or Odoi are in this fashion. No way.

He bloody did - I watched his debut - like Bambi on ice.

He was pretty bang average for a few seasons...

1 minute ago, BlueLion. said:

We also had some sensational performances under Sarri, especially early on... Lampard is doing little different to Sarri and people don't want to admit that. 

If Lampard had Hazard at his disposal you wouldn't be saying that. We would have been a whole lot more comfortable.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
9 minutes ago, communicate said:
I am honestly quite confused with kante criticism. What the hell was he supposed to do? 
Our problem today was imo lack of ball retention on the final 3rd. We lose the ball way too much. A Giroud would have helped us. 
Whenever Jorginho is playing, he need to dominate games otherwise, he is a massive liability. 

He's blamed for playing in a position that isn't natural to him. If that's the overriding criticism, blame the individual that's putting him there (like Sarri did on countless occasions).

Kante played his role quite well. He is playing as box to box mid not as creative mid. What do people want from him. 

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

That's the point..  we dont have a good enough squad. It's a pile of shit. We need to buy at least 6 World Class players from defence to attack to compete at the top again.

Buying players does not guarantee success.

Did you witness City?

Have you seen United?

Just be realistic - it's a slow building process and could take 5 years + 

2 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Check my posting history, I liked/understood what Sarri was trying to do.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

You're twisting my words now, this isn't about comparisons, bringing CR7 up is to emphasize the point that even the very best young players blow hot and cold and won't build the consistency for a while.

Some United fans genuinely wanted Fergie to go because of his persistence with him.