test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Azpilicueta
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

359 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Mana said:

But we couldn’t keep the ball!

I am seriously fed up. I’m tired of seeing us hanging on.

I'm more upset with the amount of chances we squandered in the final third. Tammy being selfish. Pulisic missing open attempts at goal. CHO skying it high. 

Wasn't good enough and clearly shows why we are desperate for quality up front. 

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

But we couldn’t keep the ball!

I am seriously fed up. I’m tired of seeing us hanging on.

No cutting edge, we're just not clinical enough.

The likes of City or Liverpool would get a couple of goals in periods where they are dominating, we simply don't. 

The problem was not getting a second in the first 20 minutes of the second half when we were on top. 

The move to bring Kovacic on seemed the right one to try and control the midfield and prevent them from dominating but it had the opposite effect. Kova, Kante and Jorginho were all pretty poor today.

El P., Vesper, Fernando and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks.

2 points thrown away:middlefinger:

Point won in the end.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We're giving academy boys significant minutes aswell as being in an early stages of completely overhauling our style of play from one extreme to the other.

This type of inconsistency is inevitable.

What is this overhaul of the style of play you're referring to? People seem to think Lampard is revolutionising our style of play. He isn't. He doesn't even know his best team and can't settle on a formation. 

This is something people are pulling out of the air to use as some makeweight excuse for shocking performances.

People can't keep using the youth as an excuse for braindead match management both on and off the pitch. The amount of good opportunities wasted by selfish play was horrendous.

Just now, Tomo said:

It's interesting that the vow to be patient if academy players were playing has not only gone wildly out of the window, it's the academy lads that are being targeted.

Easy targets mate.

We just miss that crisp passing and interchange we had at the start of the season.

It's been a horrendous period.

Let's best Forest and see if we can get back to winning ways in the league.

I am honestly quite confused with kante criticism. What the hell was he supposed to do? 

Our problem today was imo lack of ball retention on the final 3rd. We lose the ball way too much. A Giroud would have helped us. 

Whenever Jorginho is playing, he need to dominate games otherwise, he is a massive liability. 

Muzchap, El P., Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Nikarlc said:

RLC needs to get back immediately!We lack class and that's why we lose or draw against shit teams.

Yeah around the 70th minute mark I was thinking to myself RLC would honestly give us some presence in the midfield. 

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Tammy is a selfish bastard, this is where we lost this game.

Can't blame a Striker for shooting 🤔

That's his job...

Azpi at LB was, is, and will be capitulation. It just kills us on the left side. He offers nothing from that position. His goal had zero to do with LB play. It was simply right place right time off a corner. 

Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

we need players who make decisions immediately,that's the problem with young players,they think too much what to do and lose time.

Johnnyeye and Muzchap like this