test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blues11

Kai Havertz

Started by Blues11,

2,697 posts in this topic
This thing about Leverkusen wanting to get Schick in first before letting Havertz go makes no sense when they are also letting Kevin Volland go at the same time. 

Exactly, the whole world knows we’re signing Kai. I think the delay is purely down to international games.

Do you think we may benefit from Roma selling Schick and raising funds? There was talk at one point they were interested in Jorginho.

Or maybe they'd take Emerson back after selling Kolarov?

Ryan Fong and Fernando like this

Do you think we may benefit from Roma selling Schick and raising funds? There was talk at one point they were interested in Jorginho.
Or maybe they'd take Emerson back after selling Kolarov?

Havertz to Chelsea, Schick to Leverkusen, Jorginho/Emerson to Roma. If it happens Marina is practically our cheat code in the business.
petre.ispirescu likes this

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Havertz to Chelsea, Schick to Leverkusen, Jorginho/Emerson to Roma. If it happens Marina is practically our cheat code in the business.

I can't say I know what the current set up is at Roma very well but I'm pretty sure Kolarov has been first choice there so I assume they will be in for a left back and Emerson is an Italian international and one that they know so perhaps there will be interest there. 

Ryan Fong likes this

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Our fanbase is so impatient :yawn:  At no point has news broken that this deal is off. Not even by unreliable shit-stirrers. It was always on, just took a while to get completed.

It's the negative world we live in. I swear you can go to every single football forum and read about Havertz coming to Chelsea and only here are people negative.

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I can't say I know what the current set up is at Roma very well but I'm pretty sure Kolarov has been first choice there so I assume they will be in for a left back and Emerson is an Italian international and one that they know so perhaps there will be interest there. 

They have Spinazzola. At the moment he is in Italian NT unlike Emerson. But lets see about Jorginho.

Yep, seems like this is signed, sealed, and done. I pray the club doesn't make us wait another week for him to return from international duty. 😂

We're probably just waiting for Bayer to announce Schick first or something. Let their supporters have a bit of excitement to offset the disappointment of losing their star.

Germany play in Switzerland? Dont tell me UK have them on quarantine list after they come back?

Germany play in Switzerland? Dont tell me UK have them on quarantine list after they come back?
Yes, they have them on the list

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We have to register him before the first game, for him to be able to get an exemption. 

Edit: The first Germany game that is

Milan and Ryan Fong like this

I had the same concern and having a second thought there must be exemptions otherwise top teams are all fxxked.

We have to register him before the first game, for him to be able to get an exemption. 
Edit: The first Germany game that is

Before the first Germany game? Does that mean we need to announce him or register him to the FA secretly before that game to get him the exemption for quarantine?

1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

Before the first Germany game? Does that mean we need to announce him or register him to the FA secretly before that game to get him the exemption for quarantine?

That's what sky says at least

Ryan Fong likes this

If we really have to wait till this dumb international matches are done before announcing Havertz, then we may have to wait until at least next Tuesday (Sept 8) before he gets to London. :middlefinger:

I am very excited to imagine how beautiful the Chelsea attack could become with a front 3 of Pulisic-Werner-Ziyech, with Havertz right behind.  The speed and technical skill in tight spaces in that group could look downright Argentinian (in a good way). And a rotation that includes CHO (he finished strong) and Giroud in that attacking front 4 would be powerful.  It only leaves 2 other starting spots for three excellent midfielders--Mount, Kante, Kova.  But with the compressed schedule and injuries, all these people will get to play. Barring serious injury problems, the minutes for RLC and Barkley might not be sufficient to keep them happy, but such is life at a top club. I do worry about the pressure on the CBs and box to box midfielders if both our outside backs play like attacking wings.  But time will tell.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we really have to wait till this dumb international matches are done before announcing Havertz, then we may have to wait until at least next Tuesday (Sept 8) before he gets to London. :middlefinger:

Damn. Even if we have to wait for his in-person unveiling and all the pageantry, I hope we can at least officially announce it this week.