test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Spurs 0-2 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Tomori
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Alonso
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic
31 minutes ago, manpe said:

Loved that Willian part :lol:

Shame our club didn't buy him a return ticket as well  :(

Oh God the one game of the season that I dread I've hated Spurs since 1975 when they more or less relegated us and the hatred just grows stronger. My Christmas spirit will be severely kicked in the nuts if we lose this and to be honest I fear the worse. We were 12 points ahead of this rabble before Mourinho took over and they could overtake us today they haven't been outstanding it just goes to show how piss poor we've been. Lamps will be under pressure if we lose this anyone who thinks he won't be is burying their head in the sand.

Atomiswave and Laylabelle like this

Nah if we lose this be 5 losses in 6 games..with only 2 of them being against side you would expect to lose to. Pressure definitely on and hopefully they can show what we can be capable off..and get a result to show it.

Atomiswave likes this

Don't think pressure will be on Lamps if we lose but more so the players. There isn't anything at all that could cause Frank to be sacked, so what pressure is on him?

If our players embarrass themselves again their necks need to be on the line to be replaced in a couple weeks when the window opens. If we seen another shocker from Zouma or a totally ineffective attack in yet another big game we need to go all out in January to save the season.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't think pressure will be on Lamps if we lose but more so the players. There isn't anything at all that could cause Frank to be sacked, so what pressure is on him?

If our players embarrass themselves again their necks need to be on the line to be replaced in a couple weeks when the window opens. If we seen another shocker from Zouma or a totally ineffective attack in yet another big game we need to go all out in January to save the season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/21/frank-lampard-chelsea-defensive-failings-ngolo-kante-jose-mourinho-spurs

The Guardian are well known Chelsea bashers but I think this is a decent article. 

41 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ohh you can bet there will be pressure.....legend or no legend he wil be under pressure. The players too of course, but he is still the manager, I hope he doesnt get caught in JM's trap, cuz we all know he will sit back and go counter. He wont be sacked yes, but lose this and put up an average display and he will feel it.

Iggy Doonican likes this

33 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Ohh you can bet there will be pressure.....legend or no legend he wil be under pressure. The players too of course, but he is still the manager, I hope he doesnt get caught in JM's trap, cuz we all know he will sit back and go counter. He wont be sacked yes, but lose this and put up an average display and he will feel it.

Pressure from who exactly? Angry keyboard warriors? People who only appear here when things go south? Lampard is obviously expected to get results and he wants to win too but if the board are seriously taking a long term view to this, then there will be breathing space and patience for Lampard to get things right, especially when he has had to operate without a transfer window. Of course Lampard has made mistakes this season but at the same time, there are also positive signs that he can succeed in the long term with the right improvement from himself and backing from the board. It'll take a Mourinho season-esque results for his head to be on the chopping block. 

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/21/frank-lampard-chelsea-defensive-failings-ngolo-kante-jose-mourinho-spurs

The Guardian are well known Chelsea bashers but I think this is a decent article. 

It's nothing we don't already know. And the funny thing is, our recent losses have more gotta do with stupid defensive individual errors rather than the system, set pieces etc. 

Not expecting much if anything from this. Just hope it doesn't end with shots of jose smug face..and if we win this do expect to go silly against Southampton anyway.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pressure from who exactly? Angry keyboard warriors? People who only appear here when things go south? Lampard is obviously expected to get results and he wants to win too but if the board are seriously taking a long term view to this, then there will be breathing space and patience for Lampard to get things right, especially when he has had to operate without a transfer window. Of course Lampard has made mistakes this season but at the same time, there are also positive signs that he can succeed in the long term with the right improvement from himself and backing from the board. It'll take a Mourinho season-esque results for his head to be on the chopping block. 

Well I cant talk on behalf of internet warriors or otherwise and I see your point regarding he needs time and he def needs the backing of the board. But still this is not a good time we are having, lose today and put up bad display and it will only grow somehow until we hopefuly can get our shit together. Its a business at the end of the day.  

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Well I cant talk on behalf of internet warriors or otherwise and I see your point regarding he needs time and he def needs the backing of the board. But still this is not a good time we are having, lose today and put up bad display and it will only grow somehow until we hopefuly can get our shit together. Its a business at the end of the day.  

What is business without a long term plan? Imagine if City had sacked Guardiola for the poor results he got in his first season!

What is business without a long term plan? Imagine if City had sacked Guardiola for the poor results he got in his first season!
He still got Top 4 during that shit show.

I doubt Lampard is in any real jeopardy for actually losing his job now, so talk about such is rather bizarre.

Nah its just a losing run that's come at the same time. Its just the same mistakes over and over that are worrying. Which are leading to these losses and so forth. I dont wana just sack cause the problems wont go away. 

Just hope it is a riot..or a fluke loss or something. Long as we make a effort.

Atomiswave likes this

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard is obviously expected to get results and he wants to win too but if the board are seriously taking a long term view to this,

Which they never have in the past and goodwill won't last long if results don't improve. He's under pressure and if we get creamed by the mou's yids the cracks will start to appear. Can't make it today but I've got mates who are going and trust me a heavy defeat against that lot will have consequences.

Atomiswave likes this

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He still got Top 4 during that shit show.

I doubt Lampard is in any real jeopardy for actually losing his job now, so talk about such is rather bizarre.

He did but he had some shocking results along the way, had people branding him a fraud because his football wouldn't work in England, had rubbish defenders and all that but City stuck with him. 

Some here have said they envy the backing Klopp, Guardiola have gotten from their respective board but imagine if they had been sacked the first minute they go on a bad run. Obviously, I'm not saying our current form is excusable (those losses to West Ham, Bournemouth...ugh!) but we will get nowhere without some long term planning and patience. Who is gonna take the job if we keep on sacking managers the minute we have poor results, performances dip etc? It's not like we have a perfect squad right now. We'll end up with the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew soon enough if we keep on doing that!

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Which they never have in the past and goodwill won't last long if results don't improve. He's under pressure and if we get creamed by the mou's yids the cracks will start to appear. Can't make it today but I've got mates who are going and trust me a heavy defeat against that lot will have consequences.

That's the annoying thing. They knew when they hired him lack of experience! It was a huge risk really and they've taken it.