• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

That was some of the best passing and movement I have seen from us in a realy realy long time.

The ball moved quickly and we had a always a very clear idea what to do with it. 

Our pressing was amazing too, big thanks to fresh players.

Solid in defence.

The only negative was that our counter attacks in second half led to many wasted chances. Azpi, Bats, Kante should all do much better there.

Mourinho's comments about being worried for us in big games feels so ironic now given this is his record in his last 11 games against the big teams:

L 0-1 Chelsea
L 0-3 Spurs
D 2-2 Chelsea
L 0-1 Juventus
W 2-1 Juventus
L 1-3 Man City
D 2-2 Arsenal
L 1-3 Liverpool
L 1-2 Man United
L 1-3 Bayern Munich
L 0-2 Chelsea

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mourinho's comments about being worried for us in big games feels so ironic now given this is his record in his last 11 games against the big teams:

L 0-1 Chelsea
L 0-3 Spurs
D 2-2 Chelsea
L 0-1 Juventus
W 2-1 Juventus
L 1-3 Man City
D 2-2 Arsenal
L 1-3 Liverpool
L 1-2 Man United
L 1-3 Bayern Munich
L 0-2 Chelsea

Think his last horrah at being great in big games was his first season back here and the first half of the title season.

In the second half of the title season we got the results in them but the way City, Paris and even Brendan's Liverpool outplayed us was ominous, since 15/16 onwards his big game record has been awful.

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yid army is going to be in deep shit after this for racial remarks at Rudiger and that cup tossed at Kepa.

Anthony Taylor has put both benches on notice.

And you go and call them Yids Vesp....... you know that's racist as well.

All the praise for the team and manager are fully deserved! However, the one part we were not great at yesterday was in their box. We ripped through their midfield time and again but far too often failed to get a shot on goal with our players taking a fraction of a second too long wanting another touch, another pass or wiaiting for the ball to hit the ground. I just wish they'd pull the tirgger straight away when they're in those positions. Some of those half chances will result in goals, so best to have a go.

17 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Lol.

It may not seem like it, but I think Mourinho was low-key complimenting Rudiger there

Sure, he might have been really annoyed about it, but if Rudiger was on his team and did it, he would have loved it.

I did not live what Rudi did. 

17 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Lol.

It may not seem like it, but I think Mourinho was low-key complimenting Rudiger there

Sure, he might have been really annoyed about it, but if Rudiger was on his team and did it, he would have loved it.

I did not live what Rudi did. 

58 minutes ago, chippy said:

All the praise for the team and manager are fully deserved! However, the one part we were not great at yesterday was in their box. We ripped through their midfield time and again but far too often failed to get a shot on goal with our players taking a fraction of a second too long wanting another touch, another pass or wiaiting for the ball to hit the ground. I just wish they'd pull the tirgger straight away when they're in those positions. Some of those half chances will result in goals, so best to have a go.

I agree. I think I can recall 3 times where we got into excellent scoring positions on counter attacks and failed to even have a quality effort on goal. This is the area Frank has indicated he wants to strengthen for that very reason. 

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I agree. I think I can recall 3 times where we got into excellent scoring positions on counter attacks and failed to even have a quality effort on goal. This is the area Frank has indicated he wants to strengthen for that very reason. 

But who was in this positions? Azpi, Kante, Michy, Mount? Not exactly players I would expect to buried the chances.