• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

1 minute ago, nathangeorge99 said:

This was after 4-4 v Ajax (when we had a better head-to-head) and now - It doesn't make sense to me, but I might be missing something:

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 20.45.52.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 20.46.57.png

There was a mini table of the 3 teams with the same points.

1 minute ago, nathangeorge99 said:

This was after 4-4 v Ajax (when we had a better head-to-head) and now - It doesn't make sense to me, but I might be missing something:

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 20.45.52.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 20.46.57.png

Three teams were tied after Ajax 4-4. In that case, Lille is excluded and Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia are considered as a mini-league and the GD in their games is checked. Someone correct me if I am wrong

Just now, Strike said:

Three teams were tied after Ajax 4-4. In that case, Lille is excluded and Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia are considered as a mini-league and the GD in their games is checked. Someone correct me if I am wrong

Ah ok. That might be the way they do it. It seems a bit inconsistent if they are the rules though

Just now, Pizy said:

That might have been our easiest half of football this season. If the 2nd half is more of the same, one of Ajax or Valencia will be extremely pissed off at Lille for playing such a weak team.

Clubs have to look after their own interests first and foremost. 

In the same position I would 100% want us playing a scratch side.

Just now, Tomo said:

Clubs have to look after their own interests first and foremost. 

In the same position I would 100% want us playing a scratch side.

Totally. But imagine how sour those players and supporters will be. Yikes! They each got the best Lille team twice while (so far *jinx*) we've got their terrible B team.

19 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I am happy for Azpi, but their defending was awful. Good for us.

lol I'd say it was more a good goal from us than their defending being awful.

https://streamable.com/fxz6j

The only thing Lille did poorly was the marker lost Azpi but Azpi did well to attack the ball and space created by Pulisic's run at the near post. How many times did Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic etc score goals like that in the past? And not to mention, it's been a shit long time since we scored directly from the corner!

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Totally. But imagine how sour those players and supporters will be. Yikes! They each got the best Lille team twice while (so far *jinx*) we've got their terrible B team.

They'll be some conspiracy theories but I'd be saying it's more our fault for not getting over the line first.